what i have been eating..

I've been reading you refeed thread with great admiration nicki, your doing fantastic & it all sounds healthy & delicious. Dont beat yourself up about a few bickies, after 11 days i'm sure it wont do you any harm, now you've had them just forget about them, you dont want to start with the guilt when your doing so brill. xx

DAY 12...01/09/08

determined to have a better day today ! was so naughty yesterday...

BREAKFAST...maintenance bar

LUNCH...3 slices quorn ham, 2 ryvita,laughing cow extra light triangle,teaspoon reduced sugar peanut butter,one teaspoon krafts honey and mustard dressing,red pepper,raw mushrooms,tomatoes,cucumber,rocket,spinach,watercress '18 minutes to eat'

vanilla yoghurt with chopped banana 'frozen' teaspoon of honey

DINNER...4oz quorn mince,low fat pasta sauce,3oz taglietelle,added mushrooms,peppers,broccoli put a tablespoon of fat free natural yoghurt on the side of my plate to add to some mouthfuls to make it a bit creamier '16 minutes to eat'

dollop of low fat fromage frais,6 raspberries,teaspoon of honey

THEN 3 ryvita,some nutella and low sugar peanut butter

still had the munchies today,didnt snack between meals but got carried away with the evening snack,think i need to throw the nutella and peanut butter away !!

had about 2 litres of water
1 green tea
1 normal tea with skimmed milk
3 glasses of diet coke

Last edited:
Good Luck today babe! You can do it - if u feel like eating inbetween meals im on msn! Let me know and I will talk you out of it!

xox

low GI

3 Amazing books... i have them all.. you will be amazed at the amount of low GL foods x x xYou sound like you are very in control and are doing fab hun xxx

Hi Nicki26 & Nictastic, I just got my copy of a low GI diet book today. Hoping to learn some good eating pstterns. Well done guys, you're doing great!

Hi Nicki

Try not to beat yourself up. Its really hard isn't it? I'm in the same boat as you - just switched to maintenance on W8. This week I'm supposed to have 3 shakes not 4, and introduce more veg, a piece of fruit a day and some extra lean protein - but I have days where my old self gets the better of me and I have also been dipping my finger in the peanut butter! So ok its no sugar, wholenut! but it's sat there in the cupboard for 5 months and I've not even thought about it till now. There is also an open packet of wasabi crackers which I keep dipping my hand into.

The W8 maintenance is Low-GI - I posted all the details onto one of Nictastic's threads if you're interested. I can't do the potatoes and pasta anymore - make me ill.

AWT's Cookbook is good isn't it - there is also a good low-fat low-carb Australian Womens week and the South Beach Diet Cookbook is also really nice.

You are doing so well - keep on keeping on! You've motivated me to chuck the crackers in the bin!!

Chin up - we can do this

Carol x

You can do it Nicki!

I can PM you my phone number if you need to talk to someone, I'm at home all day so I would be happy to.

big hugs xx

DAY 13...02/09/08

BREAKFAST...maintenance bar

LUNCH...ate out at the local cafe down the road,had salad consisting of,lettuce,cucumber,onions,tomatoes,beetroot,1 egg,chicken, no dressing one wholemeal cob

lf rhubarb yoghurt, 6 grapes 'had some trebor softmints 2'

DINNER...40g serving of porridge oats made with water,one banana chopped and mixed in with two teaspoons of acacia honey

had three oatcake biscuits with my hot chocolate and shared an alpen light cereal bar with my son

had around one litre of water today
hot chocolate
green tea
3 glasses diet pepsi

Last edited:
Hey nic, Im having a strict no snack day - i reckon i need to be strict with myself as ive stopped smoking and dont want to get into any bad eating habits. Hope ur day finishes as good as it has started.... love u xox

Having squirted washing up liquid over the wasabi crackers before I threw them in the bin (in case I was tempted to retrieve them- has been known in the past) I have been trying to stop myself snacking all afternoon! I have just stirred a tablespoon of 0% yogurt into a small tin of tuna and eaten that and have been munching on radishes - my new favourite veg!

The Nairns ginger biscuits are really lovely!

Your day's food looks good

Carol x

Back