what i have been eating..

DAY 22...11/09/088

BREAKFAST...maintenance bar

LUNCH...half a jacket potato, salad,one egg,bit of tuna,low fat cottage cheese,bit of beetroot,tablespoon of low fat coleslaw

handful dried fruit

2 ryvita,4 slices sandwich beef,cucumber,tomato,teaspoon of branston pickle

DINNER...maintenance bar

snacking on dried fruit again.not going to buy anymore.had some tomatoes bit of celery and gherkins 2

one cup of tea with skimmed milk
one cup of coffee with skimmed milk
2 glasses of diet coke
one cup of green tea
1 500ml bottle of still water
5 glasses of sparkling water

Last edited:
DAY 23...12/09/08

BREAKFAST...porridge, dried banana,dried mixed fruit, flaked
almonds

banana

LUNCH...quorn chicken, lower fat masala sauce,chickpeas,veg 'no rice or cous cous,going to leave it out today'

pear

muller rice

DINNER...maintenance bar

had two portabello mushrooms,one laughing cow extra light triangle split between the two with some chopped cherry tomato and garlic pepper then just grilled them,ten olives,some chicken slices

splendips poppadums thingy bob lol

del monte smoothie ice lolly and couple of glasses of weight watchers wine with diet lemonade.two bits of kit kat senses, other three bits saved for tomorrow night

9 glasses of sparkling water
1 500ml bottle of still water
1 cup of green tea
1 cup of tea with skimmed milk

two 125ml of weight watchers wine with diet lemonade to make it last longer....

Last edited:
I'm so impressed Nicki you have done so well. I'm only on wk2 of tfr so it's brilliant to see someone who has done so well and is still inspiring people. If you like cous cous, try bulgar wheat - cous cous is very high in carbohydrates whilst bulgar wheat is the "brown rice" equivalent - ie its totally unrefined - that might also help with your sore tummy :)

Last edited:
its fantastic that your writing all yours down...ive found it very difficult to maintain my weightloss after finishing LT back in april..it might be reasonably difficult to stay on LT but its the maintaining that really the hard thing...and theres conflicting help from the people at LT..some say do one thing, some say do something else (when ive phoned up)...that saying its still the best thing i have ever done!!!

keep posting..its making great reading and your an inspiration xx

h xx

its fantastic that your writing all yours down...ive found it very difficult to maintain my weightloss after finishing LT back in april..it might be reasonably difficult to stay on LT but its the maintaining that really the hard thing...and theres conflicting help from the people at LT..some say do one thing, some say do something else (when ive phoned up)...that saying its still the best thing i have ever done!!!

keep posting..its making great reading and your an inspiration xx

h xx

i agree with you,it is very hard indeed and i think that anybody who finds it easy is either lying or just very lucky lol :)

thankyou for your comments :D xxxxx i also agree that lipotrim are not very helpful at all, maybe they want us to gain again so we keep going back for more:confused: either way i think they need to get some kind of thing up n running for those of us that are trying to maintain our weight.

i just hope that i dont put anymore on this week....will be going to the doctors for advice if i do xxxxx

Hey hun,
I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling. But it was to be expected that you'd need time to find the right way for you to maintain, and it can't be easy with kids to feed.

You seem to have a really good diet, except when you slip up. I remember reading somewhere...god knows where, probably the Atkins diet book...that aspartamene in Diet Coke and other products actually promotes weight gain, even though it has no calories itself. That may be completely untrue, but maybe you could try cutting out Diet Coke for a week and see what happens?

Guen

yes to be honest hun the lady at lipotrim who i spoke to yesterday did mention cutting out the diet coke as it makes you retain water so i will limit it to one can an evening 'just buy one can daily' and stick tot he sparkling water at all other times, just ordered 8 two litre bottles from tesco and ordered no coke, it seems strange how i had alot of coke last week and seem to be very bloated around my belly to the point where my jeans are tight ! that wouldnt happen with 2lb weight gain....

i will see how it goes next week,going to try n cut down on carbs where possible aswell and see if that helps the bloating.

i did expect to gain a pound as i was naughty last weekend. treat night tomorrow 2 ! i am going to have a couple of glasses of wine tonight and a couple tomorrow but have tried to allow as much as i can for the treats in my daily calorie allowance so that i dont go over 2 much....we shall see. thanks for your comment and advice, hope ur ok xxxxx

re the cola thing, i havent been able to drink it since finishing LT..i cant stand the treacly taste anymore..just shows how tastes change

New rules for me....NO MORE dried fruit in the house NO MORE drinking diet coke throughout the day,stick to water, NO MORE snacking on fruit whenever i feel like it 'two portions a day,3 maximum'

snack on celery,cucumber,carrots if i need to snack NOT crackerbread or any other type of carb

try and cut out carbs like bread,pasta, rice, potatoes from meals where possible,still going to eat them just not as much

stick to couple of treats at weekend but plan in advance what to eat to try and keep to reasonable calorie intake even though i am having a treat

going to start doing my exercise dvd aswell

hey Nicki, I'm a noob to this so please tell me to bugger off if it's not helpful, but have you thought of upping your protein? I did this once and my cravings for carbs died off a bit, I'm not talking Atkins style, just a bit of protein at every meal, it does something to brain chemistry as well, apparently, making you happier. The book I read it in is in storage but I think it was something like 1% of body weight in protein a day...

Good luck and big hugs xxxxx

Thanks for posting too, btw, it is so helpful to see what maintenance can be like.

I think the same book (I think it was called 'the sugar addicts guide to recovery' or something) also said three meals a day, and if you want a sweet(ish) thing to eat it straight after the meal so it doesn't send blood sugar wild. It seemed to help, having said that I didn't manage to stick to it so who knows! xxxx

God this all sounds so yummy, hopefully I will be able to indulge soon, hope your not to cutup over your weighin you have done so well you should be proud

Sorry your feeling so low it must take the mind a little while to adjust to being thin keep your chin up because you are such an inspiration to the rest of us here so keep going just write this evening off go to bed and when you get up in the morning its a new day and a new start then on monday speak to your doctor and see if there is anything he can suggest just remember all the goals you have achieved

DAY 25...14/09/08

BREAKFAST...maintenance bar

banana

LUNCH...2 portabello mushrooms grilled with laughing cow extra light triangle,cherry tomatoes and one slice of ham with garlic pepper, tin of tuna, four leaf salad,cucumber,pepper,one beetroot,onion,tomato 'ended up eating half the packet of ham as was hungry and have been advised to eat ham,chicken,egg etc instead of carbs,fruit,sweets as a snack so ate some ham instead of picking at the kids dinner that i was making at the same time'

pear

DINNER...Maintenance bar

muller rice

tea and two nairns ginger biscuits

should be less than 1500 calories for this,although i cant work it out 1oo per cent accurately

2 cups of tea
1 options hot chocolate
10 glasses of sparkling water
3 x 500ml bottles of still water

Last edited:
i am not fat on the outside anymore but inside i m still the same person with the same triggers,the same problems, i need to try and sort them out before this gets out of hand!

I identify totally with that Nicki. It is not surprising because we are having to learn new ways after many years of not having good eating habits.
Losing the weight is just the beginning. We can celebrate that we are at this point (lost all the weight and now need to maintain). We are on a learning curve Nicki, and really I think if we keep determined over the next several weeks, we shall find out what does and does not work for us.

What I've found helpful is listening to the lipotrim maintenance tape, also reading the Gi diet book, and various health and fitness articles. Arm yourself with as much info. as possible Nicki. Be encouraged that you've come this far and will continue to do well.

Back