What you can expect from a CDC

linda thank you for getting back to me... I do feel its a real shame that the majority of CDC's do it to benefit us! and really thank you for that, its just proving to be very expensive now. did think about becoming a counsellor but am in the armed forces and have been sent abroad! Perhaps when I come back I should offer some competition!!
:D :D :D its been along hard slog - and still reach for the size 16/18 clothes rail... it may sink in soon!!
Big hugs mini x

Disappointed !!

Hi ,
I am glad i came across this thread. I am really disappointed with my cdc :(. I suppose it is good to come on this and be able to discuss it as i have told very few people i am on it again. The reason i stopped initially was because of her , i feel bad saying that but she was no support at all, kept pulling out charts on other girls telling me i was letting her down, and i couldn't have a bar and tetra on the same day etc, i suppose i should have taught it through or spoke up but i left and went back to ww.
I made a call to see if i coud start again with her recently, when i arrived all i could get was tomato soup and chicken soup :( i loved the porridge , tetras for on the go ( like today out all day and not one thing till 7pm as i didnt want to make one in hubbys aunts house :eek:) I used to have the bar on the way or the carton just before we would visit. The worst part is i text her to say i was doing great but struggling with the flavours, i got one word texts back and told that this is all that will be available when i go for my next weight in as the new stock will not be there :( Not even to ask me how i was getting on and worse the horrible soups again all week..they were actually nice day 1 and 2 but got im sure this is why they have so many flavours available. I would love if a cdc had to have a minimum order of stock available so that they knew in head office all customers were offered the same product,
I used to see a girl who was so professional but unfortunatly it was taking me 4 hours just to get to her and i just couldnt afford it :(
I suppose i should quit whinging and read some motivational posts hahahah...Thanks for listening XX

p.s ..i needed that !!

Oh gosh.

Your CDC has to supply all products, though a sudden unexpected order could take up to 5 days (though usually available within 2 days). It's in her code of conduct. She has to get it for you and Cambridge are brilliant for getting orders out to their CDCs

Looking at it from a CDC perspective, it is one of the 'cons' of the job, but it's not up for negotiation.

I was doing well with my stock. Trying to run down my supplies ready for the new rebranded products, but still supplying everything required. Well...until I had a client suddenly decided that she wanted the whole weeks worth in original porridge instead of her usual order. It was the only item I couldn't give her without any notice. Never had this happen before and she was partly to blame for not getting her order in a couple of days before her appointment, so she understood.

I have a ton coming in next Friday (the new rebranded ones), but had to do a special order for her so she could have some asap.

Made me go "ack", but it's important that the client has what they need, and it's not their fault that I haven't got it in, so it has to be done.

I know that some areas don't have many CDCs, where others have plenty. Mine is a 'plenty' area. Are you sure there isn't another one local? Have you tried phoning Cambridge as not all CDCs are listed on the website?

Pisces - hope you get sorted soon honey... I know I'm extremely frustrated with my CDC and have complain. At the moment I'm paying £55 for a weeks worth of shakes bars etc. That to me is extortion. Other CDC's charge £37. I am like you and am unable to move to another as it would take me hours. It's such a shame we can't order direct but let our CDC know we've ordered direct. But suppose that's where they make their money. There is another similar thing online called exante - you can order all your own stuff ... bit down side for me is the lack of the weekly weigh in! Thats what motivates me. All the best honey and I hope you get it sorted soon. I'd seriously consider email CD x x x

Hi Mini minx, thanks for you message. I had my weight in today. Down 12lb I was delighted but when i asked for my choice of flavours, her order never came. I'm not joking i could cry..all i got was peanut bars which i hate and chocolate , which i dont like either oh and toffee and walnut and wait for it ..yep that aswell..She just sits smoking into my face and as a non smoker it really annoys me ..i need to be more assertive and speak up but i get too embarrassed. How am i going to get through the week. I text earlier saying i wont be able to do it with them falvours and she never answered me ..its sad i taught they were self employed so her attitude is a joke. God that is expensive , i pay €60 and drive for 2 hours for the privalidge ..oh what to do !!! Have you ever heard of new you diet , a girl mailing me sounds great , would love to haer if anyone is on it .?
KD thanks for your post also XX

Does sound quite expensive. For me the shakes/soups/porridge are £1.70 each and the tetras and bars cost me £1.95 each.

To be honest I usually have the shakes Mon-Fri and at the weekend as a 'treat' I'll have either a tetra or a bar. Otherwise my weightlosses slow (I must be one of those unfortunate ones!)

Hugs x x x

Gosh this sounds like a real con! Is there no regulation about conduct or pricing - I'm doing SW but am having a look at other diets on here....this has been very offputting!

Gosh this sounds like a real con! Is there no regulation about conduct or pricing - I'm doing SW but am having a look at other diets on here....this has been very offputting!

Cambridge cannot regulate the prices. In fact, they are not allowed to though I can't remember which law it is :eek: Consultants are self employed and so can charge whatever they like. Clients are also free to find consultants that charge what they think is a fair price.

Cambridge also regulate conduct and all consultants are trained the same way...and now have yearly refresher courses.

The clients usually see the consultant on a one to one basis, so if the consultant is giving wrong info, there is no way Cambridge know unless the clients reports it back to Cambridge....something they are reluctant to do.

The majority of consultants are good people giving good advice and passionate about their jobs!

kristika said:
hi! how much on average is lost in a month with 3 shakes a day? my CDC couldnt answer this for me :(

It's difficult to say as everyones body is different some can loose 28pounds for eg in a month while other can loose 12 15?etc .

Hope that helps

Hi
I found it to be different each week,sometimes its as much as 7 - 10 lb.The following week will be lower.It also depends on how much you have to lose,if you are only 2 or 3 stone overweight it wont be as massive as those who have more to go.
However it will come off if you stick to it even if you sometimes only lose 1lb next week it could be 5lb.My consultant said most people average 1 stone a month.
Hope thats of help
Will

Next week going to my first meeting with a CDC. Do they only take cash and will I be expected to know how much the first meet will cost me? (5"10 so imagine I will be on 4 packs a day)

When I first went, she gave me a form to be signed by gp, and it's only when I got back to see her with the signed form that I bought my meals. I took £40 with me, but I use only 3 products a day x

I took £50 and used all of that as I bought a whisky thingy and a shaker.

I took the money with me, as i was raring to go, so I knew enough about the diet to know it was my "destiny" and i was clammouring to get going. I was under 40bmi so didn't need a signature, so i took the product that day.

I always pay in cash. That way i also feel like i am giving up quite a lot of money to buy product, and it really motivates me to stick to it and not waste it.

Thank you both for the insight. I figure I will be on four shakes a day (which is fine) because of my height so will take a bit more.

Back