whats your meal plans for the week??

Shirleen said:
I haven't had hearts since I was a kid but I loved them! Tesco have 2 stuffed lamb hearts at 75p this week stuffed with mushroom stuffing, I don't use many syns on a work day xx

I haven't had hearts since I was a kid either - I remember Mum doing them in the pressure cooker, but I can't remember what they were stuffed with.....I'll have to ask

This weeks plan includes the following:-

Cottage pie
Jamaican Stewed beef, rice n peas and veg
Jamaican Roast pork, sauteed potatoes, salad
Teriyaki salmon and stir fry
Roast chicken and salad
Jamaican Curry chicken, rice and salad
Creamy Smoked salmon and broccoli tagliatelli
Sausage and mash

Ive got your Saturday Soup on my list for this week! :)

Sun: Cauliflower pizza
Mon: Xmas soup
Tue: Broccoli & Stilton soup
Wed: leftovers
Thu: Roasted butternut squash with black rice stuffing
Fri: Snausage & chips
Sat: ????????????????????
Sun: HFW's Health In a Bowl
Mon: Spicy roast veg & red lentil soup
Tue: Jamaican Saturday Soup
Wed: leftovers
Thu: Home made spicy sausage & chips
Fri: Bengal tiger lentil curry

Need something yumtastic for Saturday :confused:

ermintrude said:
Ive got your Saturday Soup on my list for this week! :)

Ooh, go for it ermintrude!

Okra and all???

Let me know how you get on x

Ooh, go for it ermintrude!

Okra and all???

Let me know how you get on x

Yup! :) Im not sure about okra as Ive never had it before and I think they might be a bit like courgette, which I dont like so Ive only got a few. The only thing I havent got is some yam, so Ill pick that up from one of the grocers down Kilburn way this week :)

Looking forward to seeing the Jamaican curry chicken! Think we might need a recipe! :)

ermintrude said:
Yup! :) Im not sure about okra as Ive never had it before and I think they might be a bit like courgette, which I dont like so Ive only got a few. The only thing I havent got is some yam, so Ill pick that up from one of the grocers down Kilburn way this week :)

Looking forward to seeing the Jamaican curry chicken! Think we might need a recipe! :)

Just a word of warning Okra is absolutely disgusting if overcooked turns to slime! It's not like a courgette though more of a cross between sugar snap peas and runner beans and something else unidentifiable!

mama_mia said:
This weeks plan includes the following:-

Cottage pie
Jamaican Stewed beef, rice n peas and veg
Jamaican Roast pork, sauteed potatoes, salad
Teriyaki salmon and stir fry
Roast chicken and salad
Jamaican Curry chicken, rice and salad
Creamy Smoked salmon and broccoli tagliatelli
Sausage and mash

I hope you've got all those recipes on here???

I've got a tin of jerk seasoning and the only recipe I have is for jerk chicken using Rum. And rice and peas with loads if coconut milk ( I wasn't a fan far too sweet) so any SW recipes would be great!

Just a word of warning Okra is absolutely disgusting if overcooked turns to slime! It's not like a courgette though more of a cross between sugar snap peas and runner beans and something else unidentifiable!

Ahhh thanks for the warning. How long does it take to cook do you think? I can chuck it in a few minutes before the end if its gonna be gross?

ermintrude said:

Shirleen is right

Just cut off the woody part at the top and a bit at the bottom. Add them into the soup about 10min before the end.

Should be perfect!

Shirleen said:

I've got a tin of jerk seasoning and the only recipe I have is for jerk chicken using Rum. And rice and peas with loads if coconut milk ( I wasn't a fan far too sweet) so any SW recipes would be great!

Hi Shirleen lol

I haven't put the recipe up yet! I'll take a picture of it and then you can confirm whether you would like the recipe or not lol

Word of warning, Most of my cooking isn't syn free but it is all low syn.

Let me know x x x

Shirleen said:

Check out my blog for more jerk info!!

Mamas Meals x

Shirleen is right

Just cut off the woody part at the top and a bit at the bottom. Add them into the soup about 10min before the end.

Should be perfect!

Well Tesco turned up and theyve only sent me three! THREE! :eek: And one of them is as limp as, well, as a very limp thing :( So I shall find some decent ones when I go to get me yam, maybe tomorrow :)

(They also smashed my eggs, didnt pack my tomatoes so they ran all over the floor and sent me a total git of a driver :sigh: So we shall be going elsewhere next time :cool: Getting a little tired of the Tesco attitude)

ermintrude said:
Well Tesco turned up and theyve only sent me three! THREE! :eek: And one of them is as limp as, well, as a very limp thing :( So I shall find some decent ones when I go to get me yam, maybe tomorrow :)

(They also smashed my eggs, didnt pack my tomatoes so they ran all over the floor and sent me a total git of a driver :sigh: So we shall be going elsewhere next time :cool: Getting a little tired of the Tesco attitude)

Oh no, how Annoying! I think tesco are better than Sainsburys though. I hear ocado are the best though...

Last edited:
Oh no, how Annoying! I think tesco are better than Sainsburys though. I hear ocado are the best though...

Ok, a tip for picking ur okra. Hold one in your hand upside down (thick woody part downwards) and snap the thin top part. If it snaps neatly then it's nice. If not then leave it. The saying is "it breaks, I take!". LOL
The short stubby ones tend to be the nicest... But do the test and see

With yams, if ur buying a big piece then get them to cut both ends and inspect. There's no guarantee it will be perfect inside but at least you've tried.

When cutting it, cut it into pieces say two finger width. Then peel. Cut each round in half, then half, then half again; that should be perfect for ur soup. Once cut put into cold water to stop them going black.

I've put all of this down assuming you don't know how to prep it, so apologies if I'm teaching the teacher x x

Ah fabby thanks! :) Ive only had yams once before I think, I just pretended it was a potato :eek: :D

Oh can I freeze scotch bonnets btw? Ive got a bag full and I do freeze normal chillies cos it makes them easy to cut and its fine if they're just going to cook in something stew-y/soup-y, but after you said about not using burst bonnets I wondered if this was OK and what the reason was? Is it cos they'll be too hot once they've burst or is it a sign they're off, or what?

Ta then x :)

ermintrude said:
Ah fabby thanks! :) Ive only had yams once before I think, I just pretended it was a potato :eek: :D

Oh can I freeze scotch bonnets btw? Ive got a bag full and I do freeze normal chillies cos it makes them easy to cut and its fine if they're just going to cook in something stew-y/soup-y, but after you said about not using burst bonnets I wondered if this was OK and what the reason was? Is it cos they'll be too hot once they've burst or is it a sign they're off, or what?

Ta then x :)

Yeah, it's because they'll be too hot, but if ur brave then slice one and put a single piece into the food. The flavour will be lovely but intense....

Yes- I freeze them and they keeps for blummin ages. As will ur fresh thyme and yam (peel, bag and freeze).

Yes-yam is like potato but take off more of the outside when you peel it or it will discolour when cooking.

Ah yay, cool, thanks for the info :) Not sure what day Ill make it, maybe next week now as Im so full of soups this week, just made the most huuuuuge Xmas soup ever, it wouldnt fit in my biggest pot! :eek:

Sounds delicious!

Pls ignore below pictures but I don't know how to delete them via my phone. I should really be posting these things elsewhere.

Attachments

• image-1886698509.jpg
    image-1886698509.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-280968014.jpg
    image-280968014.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
ermintrude said:

Ive had trouble with tesco too ermintrude,I emailed them the other day and complained and told them I'm going elsewhere !

Tracy831 said:
Ive had trouble with tesco too ermintrude,I emailed them the other day and complained and told them I'm going elsewhere !

I often phone and email to complain about Tesco, packing only half my order in bags is one I hate! Then the chicken portions are always going off before their use by date. substituting a bogoff with a non offer is another bug bear, I only buy cheese on offer so to swap 2 big blocks at £4 to one is a cheek and I just give it back.
But it's got to be better than Asda who once subbed the tin of chicken curry I ordered with ...... Jaffa cakes and curry powder!!!! I kid you not, when I phoned the helpline she couldn't get over it either!!

Back