Wii EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge

Hi Typa! Yes the bands go up in strength from red to green to blue to black. Black is really thick!

sarahandmolly, --- nice one lady as promised your back on it, Fantastic.

Too Heavy Hannah, no not negative at all we all know what you mean and call me sick but i love to hear/ read the posts that i know you are working HARD!!! , esp when i read about the fat burning lunges... lets put it this way it's not my favourite exercise ha ha haaaa but it gets great results and is one of the best exercises that can be done for the whole body.

DIVERSITY: you know your in already.. just get posting when you start lady... ps WELCOME!!!!!

Judi: thanks for the explanation of the bands. think i will get a black band as i was gonna get wrist weights but the band sounds better as it can just replace the red one .... a searching i will gofor the next bands up (black).

Typa: love the fact that you are so committed it's this attitude, that will get you fit and spur other on to keep up with the challenge.
guilt: yeah i've had a few guilty nights,
and the fact that your fitting it in at lunch is AMAZING
I'm jealouse now that you have sports resort, i was gonna get it on the 24th, but my BF, keeps telling me to not get it yet, and your description of it sounds great. so now i'm pining for it.
ok i'm a gadget addict.
glad your enjoying it can't wait to get it myself.

oooohhh and please tell me what MFC cardio is like, have been holding back on this as well.. because you can do cardio on the MFC.

ohh a heads up Girls the WII FIT 2 work out disc will be out in early october at £30.

Ok what have i done today,
30 mins abs class at work

Finally reached my 10th work out this evening!! Today was ok not many calories burnt only about 115 (2 more than the goal for the day!). At the end got the video saying that new moves will be added to the work out! OOhh. .. I cant wait! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do it again! :)
After I did the work out I felt I could still do some more exercise .. but I was not up for MFC so I decided to have a go on the boxing on the original Wii sports! I needed to release some stress... and I have to say that it was wonderful. Broke a sweat and now I can't feel my arms!!!

Tryer

You MUST get the wii resorts! It is such good fun! As I said on my previous post, the sword fighting is a great work out. Then the table tennis is good as well and the wii motion plus is really accurate.

I will definately came back here to report on MFC cardio. I read really good reviews on the net so I decided to give it a go.

The regular MFC I feel it is more like a work out DVD than a fitness game so I really have to be on the right frame of mind to do it.

EA sports gets my attention as it is a fitness fun!

I am a gadget addict as well! :)

Oh and I cant wait for the Wii Fit 2! I read reviews online and it sounds promissing!!!! :)

Well done girls!

I did Day 7 last night. Heavy on the lunges! But I have to say I'm coping with them much better this week and don't hate them any more! Loved the volleyball! I'm cr*p at tennis! I think I'll have to set up a tennis workout and practice. And I'm defo better at the running and there were 3 sessions. Come to think of it I don't think about calling the paramedics any more!
Funnily enough Typa, I did a custom workout of boxing last night! Spooky! It was only about 6 mins, (I just put all the boxing sections onto it), but it burned 49 cals and my arms were ready to drop off by the end! "you need to put more power into your hits! " Lucky I could lift my arms up!
Then I did 20 mins of yoga and stuff like the plank on Wiifit. Must do the plank more often. It unlocked 90 secs but I do 30 x 3 for now!

MFC is rather repetitive for the cardio. It seems easy in comparison to EASA. I@d be interested on a review tho. I think boxing is "my thing"!!!!!!!!

Judimac

Apparently the main focus of MFC Cardio is on boxing! I have also developed a taste for it! It is a good stress release and a work out at the same time!

Mind you.. I am really aching today! LOL

It hasn't got many reviews on Amazon yet Typa, so I'll carry on with SA.

Rest day today, but decided to do the first preset workout, 20 mins on easy. Really enjoyed it! Said I'd burnt 146 cals! The most ever! And got my 1000 cal trophy! (can't believe a grown woman would be so pleased with a virtual trophy!!!!) My thighs feel warm!

Day 8 and i seem to be burning more calories! Got over 130 today. Lots of jumping. Side to side, inline skating, my timing at tennis isn't much better! I think I'll have to set up a programme for me to practise. Begining to get a bit of timing in the dance moves tho! Lots of arms. Back to basics tomorrow apparently!

Hey everyone!
I did my first session of the 30 day challenge yesterday but unfortunately came across a lot of problems. :(
I couldn't do the squats because as soon as I went to start, the representation of me on screen squatted too low and all the way throughout she wouldn't get up so it kept saying "You're squatting too low". I have to have the sensor bar on top of my television so I'm wondering if that's what's causing it? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also, I was pretty hopeless at the lunges and couldn't master the bent over roes at all lol. I did enjoy the walking/running, boxing and inline skating though, and I was sweating buckets at the end of it so I must've been doing something right... I hope! :D

I come across this at times. I think it's all to do with the way the nunchuck and doofer are facing. I mainly get it with bicep curls and end up screaming at the tv. And in the tennis today my "figure" was wildly swinging the racquet when I wasn't moving! Happens with something different each time, but not every day!
It's great isn't it? I really feel as tho I've had a real workout at the gym.

Day 9 done and dusted! Plus an upper body resistance workout that I made myself. The preset workouts cover it all tho so I'll do one of those in future. Also if you scroll down them it tells you what the daily workouts are. Day 10 looks a bit light on calories. I may just do the medium one.

Congrats judimac, sounds like you're hard at it! Keep up the good work. :D
Today is my 'rest day' and I'm very glad because I'm aching all over lol.

Today was my 12th workout! Oh! What a killer! The long Kick ups just killed me! But it was good! Burnt 150 calories! Quite happy with that!

Judimac: I have been doing medium all along and I can tell you that even on medium day 10 was low calories (less than 100) and I was also a bit disappointed. But I think they do it on purpose!

I look forward to a new workout everyday! I wonder what they will come up with next!

Now I will go for a walk as the weather is really good!

See you all!

girls/ ladies, tee hee ,... no really ladies,
how fantastic are you all doing , i'm loving the love/commitment that i'm reading here.
did my own custom workout today, tennis basket ball, and skating, basically just sports.
gonna orer some extra resistant bands ... thanks for the tip judi!!!

Did Day 10 a day early so I can have my rest day tomorrow so I don't have to do it after class. Did 99 cals so decided to do my custom tennis and boxing workouts which took it up to 176! The most ever! And collected 4 trophies! I don't fancy the look of the squats with toe raises!

Day 11! Added the 20 min preset workout to bump up the cals then had to go and do the tennis and tweaked my lateral ligament on my left knee! So I'll just rest it for the rest of the day. Must get some new trainers this weekend.

ok had a rest day yesterday, it's all go go go at work now as our new system is coming in tomorrow.
anyway.. in my lunch hour i managed to fit in a pilates class... i absolutely loved it, fantastic!!!!
did a tennis workout yesterday on the wii, and snowboarding for an hour.
body feels great today, but i think i now also need to up my cardio work outs, i want a good sweat to be happening now and to be really out of breath.
so gonna change my routine a little this month and increase the cardio sessions at home with mia.

Day 12 done. The reps are quietly increasing and so is the pace. The calorie burn is going up too! Added my boxing on for extra effort. My rib cage is emerging! :D

nice one judi,

i did my own pre aet last night, oh my gosh , arms are inpain ha hha aaa love it, was slamming it out on the tennis cout on the ea.
and basket ball for 40 mins. really enjoyed it yesterday.

Rest day today, but I'm getting twitchy! :eek:

Back