will 1 meal harm me , send me out of ketosis

loopyloudrewitt

will 1 chinese meal knock me outta ketosis , eatin rice chips and chicken curry , i need to know as i have a meal comin up this week in the chinese , i dont wanna take risk , it tmr nite and after my weigh in day , do u think it possible to have the one meal go back to tfr and still be down following week

Yes it will knock you out of ketosis but yes it is possible to get back onto TFR and still loose weight although you will have to go through the dreaded first three days again and you more than likely won't loose as much weight as you would have done if you had stayed on it. Its up to you mind whatever you decide good luck x

oh i dunno wat to do :(:(:( , i havent ler 1 thing pass my lips in lasst 5 weeks i dont wanna feeli like a failure

Don't do it. It's honestly not worth it. IF you insist on eating make sensible choices

If its just the 1, im sure if you go straight back on youl have a loss the next week, altho maybe not as much

If I had a Chinese there ain't a chance in hell I'd be able to jump straight back on the TFR train! I'd be very careful hun xx

Chinese will always be there for another time,and restarting can be so tricky,but whatever you do take care and we will be here to support you and your fab losses!!

Well ill give you my experience, ive been out twice in 6 weeks , mainly on the drink but i have had pizza and chips on way home, i was TFR straight after and lost 2lb that week. The next time i went out i had chicken kebab instead of pizza, lost 4lb that week. I would say dont have the chips, have boiled rice, or have a stirfry. You can make healthy choices where ever you go, I wouldnt risk the chips and curry as the fat content is immense.... thats what got me here in the 1st place. I would say go but make healthy choices and TFR the next day. Good luck hun x

It will def knock you out of ketosis chick.... if you have any doubt that you can't get back on tfr then don't do it!!!

It could be the start of a slippery slope!!

x

If the people you're with know about your diet and you're comfortable with them, then I'd suggest trying to stay 100%. I had visitors one time and "we" ate out a couple of times, but I just sat there with plenty of fizzy water and a coffee and it really didn't bother me anything like I thought it would!

If you don't think that's possible, and you absolutely can't miss the occassion, then I'd suggest having a soup - preferably chicken and/or vegetables, but avoid sweetcorn and noodles if you can. Perhaps tell people you've got a bit of an upset tummy (not exactly untrue)? If you need anything more, see if you can get some grilled meat of some sort and a bit of side salad - just a starter size portion should do you. I would absolutely avoid all the carbs you can - chips, rice noodles. As Lucy said, if you do have rice, only have boiled.

What would be great, if you get the chance, would be to pop into the restaurant beforehand (or try and turn up a bit early) and see if you can have a quiet word with the manager/chef - see what they can suggest...

Best of luck,
Marianne x

I'm gonna add my two penn'ith worth here....I caved on monday (emotional reasons behind it see my diary and it explains it) but I had kebab and cheesey chips and omg did I suffer the next day with stomach cramps, pain and being sick :( ...it wasn't worth it AT ALL and tbh I didn't even enjoy eating the food I'd gotten either. Which really surprised me. Just another slant on things :) but I did learn a lesson ...I'm not going back to that kinda food as the pain isn't worth it x x x

If it's a really really special event you could do it and get back on though you will have to get back into ketosis.

However which means more to you the meal or hitting target if it's just a get together? For me it's goal and Chinese is probably the worst possible choice as it's healthiest option is Chow mien which is loads of carbs!!!

I agree with some people who have commented, deffo try and get grilled meat of some sought, or ring up before hand and place an order. To be honest im at a halloween party on Saturday night, drinking and take aways. So im having vodka and a chicken kebab. But i will be 100% day as i know ive done it before. It just depends if you can get straight back on it. Its really difficult and painful after is u eat fatty food.

Hey girls just to let u know I stayed 100% , I didn't eat anything

Yeah I'm feeling pretty good ,

Well done you xx

Nice one!! X

Back