Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

Lisalu82 said:
Caroline your right - will do step 2 today and for as long as I feel it's right as I am still at goal weight but want to be a little lighter and feel better!

Good stuff! I realise we are defying our cdc's by doing this step but im just aware at some point we will have to deal with being 'normal.' clearly i did not deal with it well when i moved to step3 so when i am back at goal/ a little bit lighter then im going to need to reevaluate how i tackle real life! My poor body, shrinking and growing every week, being starved then filled with crap-it isnt good!

MY CDC would go nuts as she wanted me on step4/5! Will see how I feel on step 2, may have a weigh in on Sunday so will evaluate then.

The problem with having a "goal" weight is that when you get near it or get there you wanna celebrate by eating crap. Instead of having a goal weight we should focus on what we feel like, as I am still 9st but don't feel great, so feel I should be good for a couple of days. After all weight is a number and doesn't not affect how we actually feel so from now on its all about how my body feels!! X

Lisalu82 said:
MY CDC would go nuts as she wanted me on step4/5! Will see how I feel on step 2, may have a weigh in on Sunday so will evaluate then.

The problem with having a "goal" weight is that when you get near it or get there you wanna celebrate by eating crap. Instead of having a goal weight we should focus on what we feel like, as I am still 9st but don't feel great, so feel I should be good for a couple of days. After all weight is a number and doesn't not affect how we actually feel so from now on its all about how my body feels!! X

Ii just think altho the shakes obvs work as an effective way to lose weight and quickly, you are just not prepared for a life with food in again. Balance ha always been my problem, ican lose weight but i cant keep it off and this time NEEDS to be different!
All i know is that my body feels rank atm but when i was 10st (ok 10st and half a lb!) i felt realy good. If i get myself back there on step2 and then go back to step3 and actually stick with it i should still go down in to the nines which is what i want to do, as u say to see how i feel!
Wow, i wonder wht percentage of my day is spent talkig/thinking about this :-/

Last edited:
OK I'm a shake, a coffee and a litre of H20 down-so far so good. Am off to Sainsburys to stock up on Quorn mince and the chicken style pieces as you can have so much of it I intend to split that in to two meals for these next 7 days, plus it can be quite tasty!
Lisa, can we have fat free yoghurt on step2, I can't remember or find it in the book? I have a little skimmedmilk in 2 cups of tea/coffee a day but don't want to be drinking glasses of the stuff!

Not sure about the yoghurt, can't seem to find it either. I have been thinking, I don't really want to go into Ketosis so will prob do step 3, or a mix of step 2/3. As want my body to be used to eating before holiday. Not sure if it right thing todo??!

Lisalu82 said:
Not sure about the yoghurt, can't seem to find it either. I have been thinking, I don't really want to go into Ketosis so will prob do step 3, or a mix of step 2/3. As want my body to be used to eating before holiday. Not sure if it right thing todo??!

I didnt say it before as its your decision but i think you are making the right one! You are very good at sticking so you could just stick to step 3 or alternate between the 2 every other day? I think i can have a little yoghurt, i will work out the calories in the milk allowance and have the equivalent in yoghurt, hopefully that'll be ok.

Just had lunch, cooked quorn chicken style pieces in cajun spice with celery and a bit of lettuce. Have half the 'meat' left for tonight plus 2 shakes and the yoghurt. Might make a yummy choc orange mix a mousse for tonight, rock and roll baby!

Sounds good Caroline!

And thanks for listening and giving your advice. I have realised it was starting to take over my life (if I am light enough etc) and I am a size 8/10 and healthy so need to remember life is for living!! So I will carry on watching what I eat with cd products and stay within the step3/4/5 limits and see how I go. And then when I am back from holidays and kids have gone back to school I will be able to go to the gym and then rethink what weight I feel happiest at.

Today is a step 3 day so far, prawn salad and shake down.

Lisalu82 said:
Sounds good Caroline!

And thanks for listening and giving your advice. I have realised it was starting to take over my life (if I am light enough etc) and I am a size 8/10 and healthy so need to remember life is for living!! So I will carry on watching what I eat with cd products and stay within the step3/4/5 limits and see how I go. And then when I am back from holidays and kids have gone back to school I will be able to go to the gym and then rethink what weight I feel happiest at.

Today is a step 3 day so far, prawn salad and shake down.

I totally agree with everything you have said, but believe me i know how hard it is not to get osessed with ur weight. The last time i lost lots of weight it got v bad seeing how little icould srvive on etc and i dont want me or any of you guyss to go through that. We Need to remember that cd diet is not made up crap, the steps actually work if you follow them so you will be fine doing your mixture!
Im looking forward to feelig a million dollars again like i did the night i met mr masserati, And know that sticking to our fri-fri deal is going to help with that :)

Last edited:
Hey guys had a salad which wasn't planned but could be a lot worse!!! I'm still hopin I haven't gained too much by tomorrow but maybe it's the arse kick I need!!!!!

MissieCB said:
Hey guys had a salad which wasn't planned but could be a lot worse!!! I'm still hopin I haven't gained too much by tomorrow but maybe it's the arse kick I need!!!!!

A salad isnt exactly something to get in a panic over hun, it will make no difference. But have you thought about doing step2 instead? I think you will find it easier having 1 meal, you'll still be able to get in ketosis, you wont feel guilty for eating that meal and the best thing is you can still have great losses! Remember i lost the whole 1st 6lbs on step2 so as long as you can stick to that you'll get to goal in no time! You could try it today until friday with me, and lisa is doing the fri to fri challenge too! Just an idea xx

Caroline_Louise said:
A salad isnt exactly something to get in a panic over hun, it will make no difference. But have you thought about doing step2 instead? I think you will find it easier having 1 meal, you'll still be able to get in ketosis, you wont feel guilty for eating that meal and the best thing is you can still have great losses! Remember i lost the whole 1st 6lbs on step2 so as long as you can stick to that you'll get to goal in no time! You could try it today until friday with me, and lisa is doing the fri to fri challenge too! Just an idea xx

Do u know what I would love to but food freaks me out a bit at the moment can I see what my WI is tomorrow and see what we think. Don't forget I still have a stone to loose cxx

Plus it's alcohol that kills me too Loool

Defo would stop the guilt feelings tho babe x just don't think I will be loosing as much as I would doing Ss x

MissieCB said:
Do u know what I would love to but food freaks me out a bit at the moment can I see what my WI is tomorrow and see what we think. Don't forget I still have a stone to loose cxx

Plus it's alcohol that kills me too Loool

Defo would stop the guilt feelings tho babe x just don't think I will be loosing as much as I would doing Ss x

You do what you think is right and best for you hun, and know what you mean about food being scary. Have a chat to your cdc after tour weigh in and see what she says. Just think we need to decide which gives us all the best chance of success and for me step2 worked well then i ballsed it up on the next step! My mum suggested when i am back down to goal i just count calories but i dont know, its tough and tbh i was sick of weighing every blimmin thing with calorie counting. Least if you do stick to the steps you dont do so much of that and having it all there written down helps! Right i am forgetting about life beyond step2 for now, once i am back at goal ita time for the scary decisions!!

Caroline_Louise said:
You do what you think is right and best for you hun, and know what you mean about food being scary. Have a chat to your cdc after tour weigh in and see what she says. Just think we need to decide which gives us all the best chance of success and for me step2 worked well then i ballsed it up on the next step! My mum suggested when i am back down to goal i just count calories but i dont know, its tough and tbh i was sick of weighing every blimmin thing with calorie counting. Least if you do stick to the steps you dont do so much of that and having it all there written down helps! Right i am forgetting about life beyond step2 for now, once i am back at goal ita time for the scary decisions!!

Right had a chat with my OH and decided in having tomorrow off plan round his sisters then two weeks solid until his birthday hopefully tomorrow will scare me at WI and I will have no choice. Think I need a day off with no stress and then that's it!!!

Do I sound like I'm making excuses???? I so do Dnt I :(

Are egg I'm having an argument with myselffffff

Missie do what feels right for you. I think we can become obsessed with it all and I have decided that that's not healthy!!

I totally understand you about wanting to do SS to lose it, I did 2 weeks of SS then 3 weeks SS+ then step 3. You know what works for you. I am at goal and still stressing about my weight, I think we need to remember not to get too obsessed with it and remember we live once and that life is for living!! Found out today that a girl I used to go to school with - her sis was killed by her oh. Just puts things into perspective!

Lisalu82 said:
Missie do what feels right for you. I think we can become obsessed with it all and I have decided that that's not healthy!!

I totally understand you about wanting to do SS to lose it, I did 2 weeks of SS then 3 weeks SS+ then step 3. You know what works for you. I am at goal and still stressing about my weight, I think we need to remember not to get too obsessed with it and remember we live once and that life is for living!! Found out today that a girl I used to go to school with - her sis was killed by her oh. Just puts things into perspective!

Jeez that's terrible! I agree life is for living and I'm gonna do that have tomorrow evening off and start a fresh sun!!! This diets making me paranoid about food!!!!!

Wonder where lil legs is x

MissieCB said:
Right had a chat with my OH and decided in having tomorrow off plan round his sisters then two weeks solid until his birthday hopefully tomorrow will scare me at WI and I will have no choice. Think I need a day off with no stress and then that's it!!!

Do I sound like I'm making excuses???? I so do Dnt I :(

Ok this is what i think, in theory its fine for you to be off plan tomorrow, its only one day. But i know this is easier said than done as impromptu stuff happens that you cant plan for but at least this is at someones house who you know so you could actually either take your own ss+/step2 meal or adjust whats there to fit it? Depends if you know you can get back on the wagon properly the next day if you go off plan? Cambridge with a hangover=worst thing ever to me! And is whatever is going to be there food and drink wise worth it? Cant remember how long uve been back on track for, if only like a day then you arent really ruining anything but if its been loger i guess just ask yourself if its worth undoing the hardwork?
Not sure ive been v helpful but thats the kind of convo ive had with myself about my wkend in belfast next weekend! Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Ok this is what i think, in theory its fine for you to be off plan tomorrow, its only one day. But i know this is easier said than done as impromptu stuff happens that you cant plan for but at least this is at someones house who you know so you could actually either take your own ss+/step2 meal or adjust whats there to fit it? Depends if you know you can get back on the wagon properly the next day if you go off plan? Cambridge with a hangover=worst thing ever to me! And is whatever is going to be there food and drink wise worth it? Cant remember how long uve been back on track for, if only like a day then you arent really ruining anything but if its been loger i guess just ask yourself if its worth undoing the hardwork?
Not sure ive been v helpful but thats the kind of convo ive had with myself about my wkend in belfast next weekend! Xx

Hey chick only really been on track couple of days so no bad x it's my other halfs sis in law who cooks for England and will make severe judgement if I Dnt eat or drink wine!!

Getting back on it isn't an option its a must and I do believe I will do it x

MissieCB said:
Hey chick only really been on track couple of days so no bad x it's my other halfs sis in law who cooks for England and will make severe judgement if I Dnt eat or drink wine!!

Getting back on it isn't an option its a must and I do believe I will do it x

Well in that case just enjoy yourself. No point having a barny with sis in law and just crack on the next day. I am totally wishing the hours away right now so that i can say ive been 100%, stomach making some seriously crazy sounds! X

Caroline_Louise said:
Well in that case just enjoy yourself. No point having a barny with sis in law and just crack on the next day. I am totally wishing the hours away right now so that i can say ive been 100%, stomach making some seriously crazy sounds! X

Awww babe I was like that yesterday xxxx thing is im always thinking about going to bed early then I end up in bed early most of the first few days them ur life is is dissapearing :(

Back