woman of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , wonder if you can help me , For those who have won , what kind of things do you say to your group? And do you get them a gift?

I'm not the most confident public speaker.

thanks

Donna

I just thanked my group - we then had a little taster party so i wasnt made too much of a fuss of :) I wore my sash :)

x

Congratulations to you all! Most importantly you must let us know how you get on at the Regionals, then I assume the National final. I want to see your pics in the mag!!!

Congratulations to you all! Most importantly you must let us know how you get on at the Regionals, then I assume the National final. I want to see your pics in the mag!!!

alas you'll have to wait until next year to see my ugly mug in the mag- i'll definitely be near to target next year- if i keep going the way i am ;) heehee

Well done everyone, my regional final is sat 17th september, dont expect to come close to winning just think it will be a great experience :) xx

i won i won, going to the regional finals on sept 18th woohoo

You don't qualify THIS YEAR!! but we'll all qualify next year, and hopefully my boyf will qualify for man of the year in group :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

knowing my luck i'll fit the criteria but i won't be able to afford the bribes for people to vote for me ;) haha

i might have to start being nice or something

orrrrrr....i could show people my evilness and scare them into voting for me.....yeah....that could work.... :sign0151:

watch- all the people in the final will be minimins regulars- how awesome would that be? :p

My mum got woman of the year last night xxx

Congratulations to all the women of the years xxxx

sw girl liss xxx

i got woman of the year last night at group, never thought i would win anything like that. got 2lb to target and it doesn't feel real, i've never been the size i am now as a teen or an adult. don't know anything about regionals and stuff, i'm just happy in my own skin for once :) congrats and good luck to everyone going through to the finals xx

hiya,

1st of cai, you so need to change group, going to a group that is making you feel like that is awful.. you should be able to stay at group and feel a part of a slimming family, my group is amazing i have made alot of amazing friends there.

i have been nominated for woman of the year the winner gets announced next week.. i love my group and i am so glad that charley my consultant decided to open my group in dartmouth, i am now part of the social team as well.

Charley covered our group when our C was on holiday, she is by far the best consultant I have come across! ;) Tell her she's welcome back anytime!

Well i got to a class that's about 35 mins away so that i can go with a friend! She too is not impressed but the time/day really suits us when we are working. I know for a fact if i stopped going to that class she wouldn't travel to go to one near me and then she would stop going alone...this would then runi our work lunches as we take it in turns to cook etc. I find her support a million times better anyway!

I did once mention to the C that i wasn't feeling welcome and she literally ignored me and asked if i'd seen ___ a person she was watching out for.

6 weeks ago i bought the 12 week countdown and was due a free book, the week after i asked if it had arrived, just out of curiosity...then the lady who was helping said 'ph yr the trouble causer, she thought u might get upset cos it's not here' i then got it through the letterbox 2 days later. I knew i was never gonna ask for it again anyway!!!

I am thinking about applying to become a consultant, if i do i know who i'm not going to be like that's for sure!!!

wtf? seriously? what is WITH some people???

grr- if someone said that to me it would have made me sick as hell. I mean, i have banter with my C, and with people in the group, and i am very cheeky sometimes ( i know where to stop of course) but that just sounds malicious :(

I really feel for you Cai- you don't deserve to be treated like that. I would personally say to go to a group better suited- since it is you slimming journey after all. I can understand you going for your friend- but if you're getting abuse when going- why the heck are you paying to go? (i know that sounds a bit harsh- but i say it in a loving way- honest) but i understand that you want to keep your lunches with your friend....its a toughie!

You've done awesome already- you're an inspiration :) I don't know what you are like, but if you're fun, and know the plans, then you would be an amazing consultant- it looks like there is a need for more groups in your area- preferably with a better consultant!!

Shame you don't live nearer to me- i'd drag you to our group on a tuesday- it's such a laugh :)

Last edited:
I also got my groups Woman of the Year / for the second year running. Am so chuffed! Don't qualify for nationals but it's enough for me to know my fellow members think I'm great! :) Well done to all WofY!!!

I qualify for regionals. It's next sat and consultant has forms. However I'm in hospital! So I'm hoping I'll escape in time to get the forms filled in, provide the photos and get there!

I was voted and I qualify! I have the forms and need to fill them in asap. :) I'm so chuffed espically since I gained weight due to being away, def cheered me up!

I was voted and I qualify! I have the forms and need to fill them in asap. :) I'm so chuffed espically since I gained weight due to being away, def cheered me up!

Ahh- i was told last night (by a member, not my C) that target members don't qualify? Looking at your sig, that mustn't be true eh?

Doubt i'll lose another 6 stone 9 by next summer though, so i wont have an issue anyway lol

well done Shrimpy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back