woman of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not really looking forward to shopping at the moment- and i won't at christmas either

why? because if i buy lots of really pretty clothes- i know after a few months they'll be too big for me!

so not fair *pouts*

:p

little_bubblez said:
i'm not really looking forward to shopping at the moment- and i won't at christmas either

why? because if i buy lots of really pretty clothes- i know after a few months they'll be too big for me!

so not fair *pouts*

:p

That's awesome in itself! I've been living with a skeleton wardrobe for last 2 years, I'm looking forward to out with the old & in with the new. A big clear out is needed!

You will be doing the same soon:) x

i work in a charity shop- and there are sometimes some good things there, that i take home with me. i bought some size 20 jeans last month, and they're now getting a bit baggy on the waist...

i've said to myself that i'm not going to shop in the likes of Evans anymore (or the "big" section of shops like New Look)- if i want new clothes, i'll have to shrink down until i can get "off the rack" stuff in normal shops ;)

Mog - I have some trousers that i wore, back in the day - and they are the only thing i have kept. Should I take these with me - or do you think if i took a photo of me wearing them to put on my board that would be better???

Just wondered!!!xxx

Ellebear said:
Mog - I have some trousers that i wore, back in the day - and they are the only thing i have kept. Should I take these with me - or do you think if i took a photo of me wearing them to put on my board that would be better???

Just wondered!!!xxx

Take them! I took mine and there were gasps of shock when I held them up. The lady who won was a size 24, she is now a 12 and they suggest she tried to get into one leg of them and she did!!! It was a real wow moment:)

I'd do the photo too:)

lmao i can get into one leg of my trousers .... its such an amusing sight, i even have a pick of me with my daughter in them lmao

caramumofmany said:
lmao i can get into one leg of my trousers .... its such an amusing sight, i even have a pick of me with my daughter in them lmao

Put those pics on your display board:) they loved things like that. X

i tried to get in the one leg and my hips were having none of it.

The trousers are size 22, and i am now a 14/16. Hoorah!

i can get in them and hold them out though - sort of similar i guess! :D

I also have a photo of me, in them on holiday - so that can go on my board!

I'm excited for you all! I think you all have a good chance of getting through:)

I made my board up, it was really fun actually. There was a girl at my finals who was a teacher & her board was just gorgeous! It was pink themed & it looked fab. I wasn't surprised when I found out what her job was as it reminded me a bit of how they do classroom displays.

I'm excited for you all! I think you all have a good chance of getting through:)

I made my board up, it was really fun actually. There was a girl at my finals who was a teacher & her board was just gorgeous! It was pink themed & it looked fab. I wasn't surprised when I found out what her job was as it reminded me a bit of how they do classroom displays.

I want a pink themed board - only because i might put up some of the hen night photos as my 'afters' shots.

I am under no illusion that i will be progressing to the next stage, i know there will be larger losers and therefore its not a chance - especially as I have been doing SW for 2 years nearly. However, my Unique Selling Point is going to be that no matter how little you lose each week if you STICK to plan, you can lose a lot - it all adds up.

I think my current average weight loss is now at 0.74lbs per week. Hoping to get that up to 0.75 for Sunday!!! hehe (if i get a loss on Thursday night!) and therefore, i am going to say about how when people lose half a pound a week, or 'just a pound' they should never give up - because I am proof you can keep going and the little numbers, make big numbers.

*oooh i need to write this down!!!*

x

Write it down!

You never know, it's not just about weight, it's about being inspiring. If you have inspired anyone to join sw & they have been successful make sure you say that in your 5 min talk. I knew I wouldn't go further, but I loved just being able to take part. Id love to just get to see the further stages!

Write it down!

You never know, it's not just about weight, it's about being inspiring. If you have inspired anyone to join sw & they have been successful make sure you say that in your 5 min talk. I knew I wouldn't go further, but I loved just being able to take part. Id love to just get to see the further stages!

good point - i have inspired a few other people to lose weight on SW :) so will mention this in my talk.

Five minutes doesnt seem like a lot, but i bet i need to time myself, so that I have enough to say!

Do you do the talk in front of just the judges, or in front of other finalists too.

How many other finalists were at your district round>? xx

Ellebear said:
good point - i have inspired a few other people to lose weight on SW :) so will mention this in my talk.

Five minutes doesnt seem like a lot, but i bet i need to time myself, so that I have enough to say!

Do you do the talk in front of just the judges, or in front of other finalists too.

How many other finalists were at your district round>? xx

You get put in a small group of 6 or so, there were 3 judges per group and your talk is within the circle you get put in. Your consultant puts your board behind your chair and then shows your board to each judge as you speak. It felt like being at group to me, friendly and I felt happy talking.

They time you and it is strictly 5 mins. They give you a 1 min & 30 second warning.

I'd advise you not to do a rehearsed talk but to speak from the heart- if you feel confident enough. it came across more natural, the rehearsed ones were obvious and not the same. The lady who won's talk didnt sound rehearsed.

There were around 10-12 people there.

eeeeeek

Omg im totally stressing now ladies!! haha.
My consultant just told me i had to go to a "meeting" on the 18th in Coleshill Birmingham.
After reading these posts, its clear to me what it is now.. lol.
What shall i wear?? I had no clue about a "board" that i have to do.. i have no clue!! And i am so rubbish at speaking infront of people...
omg any advice on what goes on at the finals i would be hugely greatful :)

Laura xxx

xxlicklelauxx said:
Omg im totally stressing now ladies!! haha.
My consultant just told me i had to go to a "meeting" on the 18th in Coleshill Birmingham.
After reading these posts, its clear to me what it is now.. lol.
What shall i wear?? I had no clue about a "board" that i have to do.. i have no clue!! And i am so rubbish at speaking infront of people...
omg any advice on what goes on at the finals i would be hugely greatful :)

Laura xxx

Don't stress! Firstly, get in touch with your consultant and confirm it is woman of the year district finals. Then ask her about doing the board, some consultants do it for you, some like you to do it yourself.

Have you filled the entrance form in?

*tries to fit in one leg of my old pants*

*fails and falls over*

aww :(

mind, i was a 28- and i'm still a 20....lol

Don't stress! Firstly, get in touch with your consultant and confirm it is woman of the year district finals. Then ask her about doing the board, some consultants do it for you, some like you to do it yourself.

Have you filled the entrance form in?

Yea i filled it in about 2 weeks ago, and she told me last tuesday that i was going to the meeting in coleshill.
Shes on holiday until wednesday so hopefully she will ring me after that to fill me in. Ive seen a few threads about people going to the same venue as me on that date.
*deep breaths laura* hahahah xx

xxlicklelauxx said:
Yea i filled it in about 2 weeks ago, and she told me last tuesday that i was going to the meeting in coleshill.
Shes on holiday until wednesday so hopefully she will ring me after that to fill me in. Ive seen a few threads about people going to the same venue as me on that date.
*deep breaths laura* hahahah xx

You'll be fine, have a look a few pages back in this thread or in my diary (link in sig) where I've written about what happened at my district final:) x

I will see you on Sunday then Laura :) xxx

I dont know much about it - only what I have read on here, so hope that my Consultant has more info on Thursday at class! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back