woman of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go hun x
We have criteria in all of our competitions, and they’re in place because it’s necessary to have some kind of system for entering – it really wouldn’t be fair or sensible to run competitions with no entry criteria at all – we could have thousands of members entering! Having criteria is a more up-front and kind way of operating our competitions, especially for members, as without them we could potentially be setting entrants up for failure. We’ve spent a lot of time, over the years, setting criteria which we think are fair and realistic – for women, the upper entry criteria is set at a stone over a BMI of 25 (which is the Department of Health guide to a healthy weight).

here you go hun x
We have criteria in all of our competitions, and they’re in place because it’s necessary to have some kind of system for entering – it really wouldn’t be fair or sensible to run competitions with no entry criteria at all – we could have thousands of members entering! Having criteria is a more up-front and kind way of operating our competitions, especially for members, as without them we could potentially be setting entrants up for failure. We’ve spent a lot of time, over the years, setting criteria which we think are fair and realistic – for women, the upper entry criteria is set at a stone over a BMI of 25 (which is the Department of Health guide to a healthy weight).

where is that info from Cara? Thanks - i just set up a new little thread asking about this as well!! :D x

lol it was in here, i searched it up. because someone didn;t get through a few years back cause they were a few lbs off criteria so someone emailed sw to ask what the criteria was and this is what was said in reply. and i have confirmed this with my consultant also, she doubled checked with head office

Having recieved my competition file this week, I can agree with Cara. For your height your highest weight entry would be 13 1 and you have to have lost more than 3st. Think your consultant may have misunderstood and took the bmi of 25 and not the heighest entry weight. Hope that helps xx

beginning of sept they have to be in i believe i dunno when the regionals are i guess that would be different for different areas

caramumofmany said:
beginning of sept they have to be in i believe i dunno when the regionals are i guess that would be different for different areas

In that case I probably will miss out as she is away all this week unless she's entered me. I've not been asked for photos or anything.

Elle bear did you have any joy with your consultant? I have won my group woman of the year woop woop :) and am going through to the regional final my current BMI is 26 so you should deffo be put through. Well done in winning your group its a great feeling xx

Elle bear did you have any joy with your consultant? I have won my group woman of the year woop woop :) and am going through to the regional final my current BMI is 26 so you should deffo be put through. Well done in winning your group its a great feeling xx

Thank you - yeah i am handing in a form tonight for her to post off, so we will see if anything happens!!! :) xxx

I've just send my consultant a fb message for when she gets off holiday. Just hope i can get day off work if I get through!

I think one of the region things (if i am chosen) is on the 9th October so will be able to make it there.

Ellebear said:
I think one of the region things (if i am chosen) is on the 9th October so will be able to make it there.

If it's October I should be able to have it. My work have clamped down on booking days off less than 2 weeks in advance, even if there's a space.

I hope I get through, I've never competed for anything and I think I can do this!

i got group woman of the year ^_^

don't fit the criteria to go on higher- i got my 3 stone award today (now at 3 stone 3) but have 6 stone 11 to target :(

Congratulations to all the nominations and winners, and good luck at the regionals.

I won for our group, which was a complete shock for me.

Tiphareth said:
Congratulations to all the nominations and winners, and good luck at the regionals.

I won for our group, which was a complete shock for me.

Well done to you and little bubblez! It's a great feeling:)

Mini_Mog said:
Well done to you and little bubblez! It's a great feeling:)

It is isn't it.

well done ladies, we find out the winner of ours this evening x

We nominate and vote tonight, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back