1. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Nothing worse than a job you hate, hope it gets better. Maybe start looking for something else? X

4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  5. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    thats why they seem to get away with treating us badly at the moment

6. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    cos no other jobs around

8. louisehj

louisehj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(19.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree. Because there are no other jobs around employers seem to think they can do what they want.

I too am really fed up with my job, am looking for something else at the moment as it is having a detrimental effect on my health/slimming. :mad::mad::mad:

9. Hamish's Mum

Hamish's Mum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.7lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    I am another who hates my job. Sends my stress levels and anxiety through the roof, I need a new job for my health

10. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Just possibly been handed a bit of a lifeline by our assistant manager Dani!
    One of the biggest problems I have with job here is the shift pattern-as we do 3 days, then 3 nights, then 3 days off. Now I struggle enough as it is to sleep at night, so have a huuuuuge problem trying to sleep during the day when on nights!
    We've had a few staff leave recently because of managers knobish attitude, and so dani has had to rehash the rota, and it looks like she might be able to tweak it so I can just do 6 days and not have to do nights anymore! This would mean I would be more settled and then be able to look at maybe volunteering on one of my day off, to go toward the current experience I need for my access course! It's not concrete yet, but she's brill, and is trying her best for me as she doesn't want me to leave xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

11. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  12. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    can't fault her for that!

13. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  14. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I wonder, how many of us actually like our jobs? I'd love to enjoy going to work each day, it must be so rewarding. Thing is, once we have a job it's hard to leave without having something else to go to, and if we do leave there's a queue of people waiting for the job so they're not bothered about letting people go these days.

Just keep telling yourself it pays the bills/treats/holidays/SW fees.....

Chin up hun. xxxx

fillymum likes this.
  15. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    There is a difference between not enjoying your job and being treated like crap by a manager who then goes on to get awards for 'outstanding leadership' despite being under investigation!!! Takes the p**s doesn't it!!! He is far from a good leader-all he is is a old school bouncer and a bully :(

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

jaylou likes this.
  16. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Certainly does take the p*ss. Bulls*it is very rife in a lot of companies these days - how many of us have seen absolute idiots get on the ladder to higher jobs and everyone else sits and wonders "how???"
    Grr.......

17. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    So true Jaylou. I like the job I do, but not the company I work for, but I would say I am in a minority of people who can say they like what they do. At a fundamental level you are making money for someone else (unless you are a civil servant) and that someone else hasa hold over you. Yesterday when talking to my grandad about it he said' just remember the grass is not always greener' to which I replied 'true,but sometimes all you want is a sightly less ****^y shade of brown'

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Stoo

Stoo loves to eat and drink...

Start Weight:
    19st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    totaly agree with Kingleds, I love the job but not the company i work for, got moved from a local commute (used to cycle) to an eighty mile a day round trip, tiny bit of extra cash which gets eaten up in fuel. I am on the lookout

20. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Like Kingleds/Stoo I love my job. It took me a lot of years to get to this level, and to be honest I left jobs because things were not right. I've always lived life to the motto of "To thyself be true".

I now have a job I enjoy and earning a lot less than I was 12 years ago when I switched. I like having tangible results and little responsibility. Yes I could have remained in the previous and have been a lot better off financially (10k+ per year better off!) but the job satisfaction and peace of mind is worth a lot more than the extra £s to me.

21. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Steve! That's part of the reason I desperately want to get out of here-so I can get the necessary experience to be able to do my access to nursing course next year x

22. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Just go for it Jo! Job satisfaction and contentment is worth more than a good salary and hating your job- despite what people might try and tell you;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.