Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.
  1. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Nothing worse than a job you hate, hope it gets better. Maybe start looking for something else? X

4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  5. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    thats why they seem to get away with treating us badly at the moment

6. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    cos no other jobs around

8. louisehj

louisehj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(19.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree. Because there are no other jobs around employers seem to think they can do what they want.

I too am really fed up with my job, am looking for something else at the moment as it is having a detrimental effect on my health/slimming. :mad::mad::mad:

9. Hamish's Mum

Hamish's Mum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.7lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    I am another who hates my job. Sends my stress levels and anxiety through the roof, I need a new job for my health

10. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Just possibly been handed a bit of a lifeline by our assistant manager Dani!
    One of the biggest problems I have with job here is the shift pattern-as we do 3 days, then 3 nights, then 3 days off. Now I struggle enough as it is to sleep at night, so have a huuuuuge problem trying to sleep during the day when on nights!
    We've had a few staff leave recently because of managers knobish attitude, and so dani has had to rehash the rota, and it looks like she might be able to tweak it so I can just do 6 days and not have to do nights anymore! This would mean I would be more settled and then be able to look at maybe volunteering on one of my day off, to go toward the current experience I need for my access course! It's not concrete yet, but she's brill, and is trying her best for me as she doesn't want me to leave xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

11. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  12. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    can't fault her for that!

13. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
  14. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I wonder, how many of us actually like our jobs? I'd love to enjoy going to work each day, it must be so rewarding. Thing is, once we have a job it's hard to leave without having something else to go to, and if we do leave there's a queue of people waiting for the job so they're not bothered about letting people go these days.

Just keep telling yourself it pays the bills/treats/holidays/SW fees.....

Chin up hun. xxxx

fillymum likes this.
  15. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    There is a difference between not enjoying your job and being treated like crap by a manager who then goes on to get awards for 'outstanding leadership' despite being under investigation!!! Takes the p**s doesn't it!!! He is far from a good leader-all he is is a old school bouncer and a bully :(

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

jaylou likes this.
  16. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Certainly does take the p*ss. Bulls*it is very rife in a lot of companies these days - how many of us have seen absolute idiots get on the ladder to higher jobs and everyone else sits and wonders "how???"
    Grr.......

17. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    So true Jaylou. I like the job I do, but not the company I work for, but I would say I am in a minority of people who can say they like what they do. At a fundamental level you are making money for someone else (unless you are a civil servant) and that someone else hasa hold over you. Yesterday when talking to my grandad about it he said' just remember the grass is not always greener' to which I replied 'true,but sometimes all you want is a sightly less ****^y shade of brown'

18. Stoo

Stoo loves to eat and drink...

Start Weight:
    19st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(11.88%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    totaly agree with Kingleds, I love the job but not the company i work for, got moved from a local commute (used to cycle) to an eighty mile a day round trip, tiny bit of extra cash which gets eaten up in fuel. I am on the lookout

19. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Like Kingleds/Stoo I love my job. It took me a lot of years to get to this level, and to be honest I left jobs because things were not right. I've always lived life to the motto of "To thyself be true".

I now have a job I enjoy and earning a lot less than I was 12 years ago when I switched. I like having tangible results and little responsibility. Yes I could have remained in the previous and have been a lot better off financially (10k+ per year better off!) but the job satisfaction and peace of mind is worth a lot more than the extra £s to me.

20. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Thanks Steve! That's part of the reason I desperately want to get out of here-so I can get the necessary experience to be able to do my access to nursing course next year x

21. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Just go for it Jo! Job satisfaction and contentment is worth more than a good salary and hating your job- despite what people might try and tell you;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.