Work

Well I am not pleased for you !!!!

I AM BLOODY DELIGHTED !!!!!!!!!!

You so deserve to be able to persue your dream of becoming a nurse.

Go for it , you are on your way !!!!!

hugs :bighug:

kingleds said:
Well done Tig. Glad you are getting out!

tallsarah said:
enjoy your last day

Shirleen said:
Fab Tig! I hope you enjoy your new job too zxx

Thanks all. In a strange twist, my area manager came down today, along with the facilities area manager and while they were here they discussed me!! Ha ha! I feel important! A decision was reached with the site facilities manager, that they didnt want me to leave completely, so the company have offered me a casual contract to work for them on my terms, ir when or if I'm available-and it'll be covering all their sites across north Wales-not just the government-as they know about the situation with Aled!! good times eh!! xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

I didn't know you were moving Sue, where are you moving?

Not moving Shirleen, just buying a little bolt hole in Wales to chill out in in Llandudno. We love Llandudno. It has to earn it's keep when we are not there. Need to sell this house first before we can do anything.

Vindication is so much better than revenge! Go you!

Oh so right !!!!!:D

Well done Tigs !!!! You must feel so much happier than a few weeks ago,

hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fillymum said:
Not moving Shirleen, just buying a little bolt hole in Wales to chill out in in Llandudno. We love Llandudno. It has to earn it's keep when we are not there. Need to sell this house first before we can do anything.

Oh so right !!!!!:D

Well done Tigs !!!! You must feel so much happier than a few weeks ago,

hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh sounds great!

Help!! Need some work advice.
Some of you might know i have been less than happy in my job,and in the last few weeks I have been doing interviews etc.

I have 3 opportunities on the go. All are decent jobs in decent companies. I have a 2nd interview for 1 in a company my friend works at next Wednesday. Its a bit less money than the others, but still more htan I'm on currently, & I really like the company.

One of the others is going to 2nd interview with the VP of sales but its phone based, and to be honest, whilst the money is brilliant I am a bit concerned the company might be a bit hard nosed and i'm not really up for that.

The 3rd one is where I have my dilema. Its with a really good company, They want to be do a face to face 1st inteview next Tuesday, and its a really high profile role apparently (according to the headhunter one which doesn't come up EVER). I can't make Tuesday as i have 3 customer meetings already and the headhunter is encouraging me to pull a sickie or invent a family emergency so I can make it. Thing is, I don'treally feel comfortable with lying to my boss that way. I also think that if they really want me they will wait til I can make it. Its hardly a bad thing in my job if I can't drop everything at 3 days notice in my opinion.

Thoughts people? Am I right to push back?

I dunno matey, I think I would be inclined to pull the sicky. I know it doesn't feel comfortable but like you said, good company, rare opportunity, they don't happen often in a lifetime and clearly they are keen on the idea of having you work for them. I might be tempted to put my temporary feelings of awkwardness about it to one side and take the risk. The likelihood is you'll be leaving your old job one way or the other anyway, so can dispense with any sense of loyalty to them and focus on what's right for you.

Playing devils advocate I know - but the job market is a rough place at the moment. If you want it, you have to go get it.

kingleds said:
Some of you might know i have been less than happy in my job,and in the last few weeks I have been doing interviews etc.

I have 3 opportunities on the go. All are decent jobs in decent companies. I have a 2nd interview for 1 in a company my friend works at next Wednesday. Its a bit less money than the others, but still more htan I'm on currently, & I really like the company.

One of the others is going to 2nd interview with the VP of sales but its phone based, and to be honest, whilst the money is brilliant I am a bit concerned the company might be a bit hard nosed and i'm not really up for that.

The 3rd one is where I have my dilema. Its with a really good company, They want to be do a face to face 1st inteview next Tuesday, and its a really high profile role apparently (according to the headhunter one which doesn't come up EVER). I can't make Tuesday as i have 3 customer meetings already and the headhunter is encouraging me to pull a sickie or invent a family emergency so I can make it. Thing is, I don'treally feel comfortable with lying to my boss that way. I also think that if they really want me they will wait til I can make it. Its hardly a bad thing in my job if I can't drop everything at 3 days notice in my opinion.

Would the new company know you had taken a sickie?

kingleds said:

Is the headhunter somebody from the new place (apologies if thicko question!!)?

Just wondering if it's some kind of test? If I was working for a company and looking to recruit somebody, I'd be appalled to hear of them doing something like throwing a sickie - hardly gives a good impression regardless of the reason behind it.

Put yourself in the recruiters shoes. Would you rather somebody lied to get to an interview with you? Or we're completely honest and loyal to their employer (regardless of whether they like their employer or have a good relationship etc) and delayed the interview for a few days or whatever?!

I just wouldn't like them to find out and it bite you on the bum xx

Mrs.S. said:
Is the headhunter somebody from the new place (apologies if thicko question!!)?

Just wondering if it's some kind of test? If I was working for a company and looking to recruit somebody, I'd be appalled to hear of them doing something like throwing a sickie - hardly gives a good impression regardless of the reason behind it.

Put yourself in the recruiters shoes. Would you rather somebody lied to get to an interview with you? Or we're completely honest and loyal to their employer (regardless of whether they like their employer or have a good relationship etc) and delayed the interview for a few days or whatever?!

I just wouldn't like them to find out and it bite you on the bum xx

What she said

I would be inclined to look upon it as if you were meant to have the job a door would be open that didn't involve any deceit. But that's me!

Thank you ladies. Am definitely leaning towards saying I can't make that day. If they want me as much as they seem to they can wait a few more days to see me. The headhunter gets a fee if i get the job, so He has a vested interestin me turning i guess.

Back