Work

Maximus said:
Just go for it Jo! Job satisfaction and contentment is worth more than a good salary and hating your job- despite what people might try and tell you;)

Totally true. I told myself for 2 years that the money made it worth it, then one day i realised it wasn't & took a less stressful job elsewhere for about 25% less per year. Best decision i ever made.

I left my 'status' job (not much of a status but I was Post Office Manager) the stress was killing me.I was unemployed for 10 months and then took this job expecting to hate it, but on the first day everything clicked, and I realised I had found my vocation! My company is great too.

Last edited:
Shirleen said:
I left my 'status' job (not much of a status but I was Post Office Manager) the stress was killing me.I was unemployed for 10 months and then took this job expecting to hate it, but on the first day everything clicked, and I realised I had found my vocation! My company is great too.

I loved my care job too, and that's what inspired me to want to go into nursing. I only left in the first place cos I hurt my back, and they wouldn't let me do lighter duties for a few weeks! They told me if I couldn't hoist, I couldn't work-which was crap-especially as I only ever did about 4/5 double handed/hoist calls a week!!
Now I'm stuck in a job I hate, altho its a job, and desperately trying to find a care job so I can try to peruse my dream!!! xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Latest job update! It's all still cr*p and to top it off they've now turned round and told me that they can't let me have every Thursday off for college! They've know about it since may time, and its only one morning a week! Arghhhh I hate them all :( :( :(

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Are you a member of a union? Is there anyone who can take this up on your behalf? Ive been in this situation, the policy is one thing but local management say another. Take it directly to hr if you can.

Hope it gets sorted for you. Im not happy at work at the moment. I love what I do but all of that is changing soon and Im sick of the two faced cows I work with. Honestly, recently its like being back in high school!!!

Funky_Munky said:
Are you a member of a union? Is there anyone who can take this up on your behalf? Ive been in this situation, the policy is one thing but local management say another. Take it directly to hr if you can.

Hope it gets sorted for you. Im not happy at work at the moment. I love what I do but all of that is changing soon and Im sick of the two faced cows I work with. Honestly, recently its like being back in high school!!!

Because I work in security, apparently there is no union we can go to :( the only option I have is to leave :(

Unite the union is for general workers, not neccesarily security. Maybe contact them?

Have had a bit of positive news on the job front-the owner of the hotel I used to be assistant manager at, has rung me to say he's potentially got part time hours to offer me, and also, a job I applied to about a month ago-that I thought I'd never hear back from, has invited me for interview next week. Would love to go back to work on the 12th, knowing that I have something lined up and can just hand in my notice and get the hell out of there x

COngrats! i used to work in a call centre which was soul destroying. even when i went to hand my notice in (the new company had told me i started in 2weeks) - my boss looked at the letter and said i couldn't go then - i was just like 'WTF?!?! - this was over me not giving them 4weeks notice. i basically told them - there's the letter from them,i'm giving you as much notice as i possibly can and walked off. the next 2weeks it was just total relief that i was leaving so i wasn't bothered by management being dicks lol

jellyfish81 said:
COngrats! i used to work in a call centre which was soul destroying. even when i went to hand my notice in (the new company had told me i started in 2weeks) - my boss looked at the letter and said i couldn't go then - i was just like 'WTF?!?! - this was over me not giving them 4weeks notice. i basically told them - there's the letter from them,i'm giving you as much notice as i possibly can and walked off. the next 2weeks it was just total relief that i was leaving so i wasn't bothered by management being dicks lol

I've actually given 19days, instead of 14 as the new job is monthly pay, and I get paid every 2 months at the mo-so didn't wanna leave myself short!! Hee hee x

Really pleased for you, especially as you have been so unhappy for a while.

Back