WW Pedometer - Accurate or not?!

loobyloo85

Louise
Hey all

I bought a ww pedometer at meeting the other day and have tried it out today for the first time.

my helathy steps limit was 4360 and ive reached this and it says i have gained 0.5 activity point. But i was wondering how accurate the steps thing was cos it seems to be counting steps even when i pulled my trousers down to go to the toilet LMAO :8855: :8855::8855::8855:

so i just want to know if this is accurate and if i can save these points that i earn through walking?

Please advise as im a little confused

Thanks
Lou

Well the woman i work with bought one and she counted her steps to her bathroom from her bedroom to be 8 steps and the pedometer said it was 40 :giggle:

I think the new ones are motion sensored so pick up on every movement.

Love the idea of gaining steps just going to the loo, now thats my type of exercise

I had one but didn't find it overly accurate to be honest, it either hardly counted steps or counted millions that I hadn't walked

I love mine I counted the steps I walked for 1/2 an hour and it was the same bar 20 steps,I just take it off for going to the loo etc and I would say with any pedometer its never 100% right but I brought another one that was sensor and it was well out.
I think with any pedometer they make you want to exercise and get your steps in more than it would without one,I dont personally see them as a waste of money,like everything theres always an error to be found if we look hard enough? xx

hmm, i'm in two mins whether to buy one... although i do think it might encourage me to walk a lot more than I do though!

I'd definately say they were a good incentive, I didn't like the ww for me personally. I use the Omron Walking Style II now and I love it :)

Back