xX The Maintenance Diary of Emma-Jayne Xx Thin for Life! xX

02/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g Porridge, water

Snack: Small Plum

Lunch: 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread, 1 cheese triangle, lettuce and cucumber (made into a sandwich) with 5 cherry tomatos and carrot sticks

Snack: Carrot sticks, 4 seafood sticks, 2 nairns oakcakes, clementine

Dinner: River cobbler, roasted aubergine, brocoli

Drinks: 3.5L water, 3 green teas, 2 black coffees

Exercise: 45min spin class

Enjoyed all my food today, I felt absolutely rough this morning and was sent home from school. Proabably just lack of sleep and stressful workload. But it meant I could have my food whenever I wanted which was brilliant! Snack at 12 and lunch at 2. Another snack at 4:30 and then dinner at 7:40 after the gym! Perfect, didn't feel the need for anything else at all.

HATED the spin class, I used to love it but a new guy does it now and it was dreadful. He turns the lights off and puts flashing disco lights on which is fun but you can't see your gears, rpm or burnt calories! It annoyed me very much but hey ho. I did it. I just won't go to his class again lol. Another thing that has annoyed me today is my digital kitchen scales have decided to turn themselves to oz instead of g and I can't for the life of me turn it back, GRRRR. So I don't know how I'm going to weigh my porridge out in the morning.

Moan over! Xx

Great menu again today. Shame you didnt enjoy the spin class much but atleast you still did it :)

Look up grams to oz convertor online and it'll tell you how many oz 30g is xxx

well done emma!! Ive bought myself a vibro plate, cant wait to start using that tomorrow!!

Food looking great. Shame about the spin class. By the way 30g is just over 1oz.

Thanks guys, I have bought a new £7.50 set of digital scales this morning haha! The other ones were rubbish anyway so I managed to weigh out my porridge oats this morning! Yay! I also bought some Nakd bars to have as an afternoon snack this week and see how I get on. Have no idea what to have for lunch or dinner today, need to get planning. Xx

03/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g Porridge, water

Lunch: Quinoa, 220g mackeral, 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: Aubergine, cottage cheese, 4 seafood sticks

Snacks: Handful of blueberries, handful of blackberries

Drinks: Approx 3.5L water, 3 green teas, 2 black coffees

Exercise: Rest day

My first experience of making quinoa was interesting to say the least. I added far too much water so I had to drain it like rice rather than let it absorb like couscous. It said a serving size was 90g cooked weight so I weighed out 30g, washed it and then cooked for 20 minutes. Why do packets do that? Tell us the cooked weight? We need to know the uncooked weight to know how much to put on! Anyway, apart from the too much water disaster (which I will know next time) it was actually very yummy! I thoroughly enjoyed it! And my lunch today filled me up for hours. I didn't have a morning OR afternoon snack. I just didn't need them. Hence was my dinner was slightly odd but I thought I'd best eat something. Then an hour or so later I had some fruit. Weigh day tomorrow! xXx

I might buy some quinoa this week, thats one of the things I have shown some interest in, but never tried. Fingers crossed.

You are doing marvellous, and you seem to be enjoying your healthy foods and doing great with all the exercises.

Thank you! I am really enjoying my new lifestyle. It's amazing how much better I feel all round. Full of energy, my skin is better and I LOVE shopping! Much to my boyfriends disgust lol! I never thought in a million years I'd be purchusing some size10 leather trousers to wear with a sparkly top and heels over xmas!

Definitely try the quinoa, I really enjoyed it and it filled me up for so long. I am going to keep having it as a rice substitute because I'm attempting to follow low gi/gl. Let me know how you get on with it! Just a tip.... be careful on the amount of water you add haha. Xx

Weighed in today and I've somehow lost 3lbs. Bloody miracle. But I need to increase the calorie intake or I'm going to start looking like a waif. There's no way I can go below 9st. I'll look like a frickin' beanpole and I do want a bit of an arse! Xx

Well done on your journey so far hun and on the 3lb lose this week! Fab :) x

Well done on the loss chick :)

Well done on the loss. Don't panic about increasing your portion sizes too much. This is the beauty of low GL as once you eat the right foods your body finds its own balance.
Quinoa is a great food. Cooked portions will keep in the fridge for a few days and can then be tossed in a pan with a stir fry.
You can have 70g dry weight if no other protein in the meal or about 40g as the starchy carb portion of your meal.

04/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 40g All bran, a banana, fat free natural yoghurt

Lunch: Cottage cheese, 4 seafood sticks, lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, carrot, 5 cherry tomatos

Snack: 2 tiny plums, pear and 1 tiny cube of steak I pinched from my mums steak and ale pie while it was simmering (Shhhh.)

Dinner: 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread (toasted) with 2 grilled tomatos and 100g boiled button mushrooms

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas, 2 black coffees

Exercise: Just off to the gym now! I imagine 30min cross trainer, 15min bike, toning with weights for thighs and abs

Enjoyed the different breakfast this morning. I had it at about 9:30 and didn't eat again till 2:30. It filled me up without a snack for ages and I didn't have time to make porridge today anyway! Today's food is a bit of a random 'hmm what have I got in the fridge?' day. I didn't get anything out or plan which has been a nightmare. MUST remember to plan! Lunch was enjoyable, can't say it filled me up for long though as at about 4 I had 2 teeeeeny weeeeny plums - they looked more like grapes - and a pear. Then my mushrooms and tomatos on toast dinner at 6:45 lol, which I actually loved! I've waited an hour for all my food to go down and now I'm off to the gym!

Oooh thanks for the quinoa tip Molly, I will definitely make extra and put it in the fridge next time, it will be handy to have around for a stir fry! I never ever thought of putting it in one! So when you say my body will find it's own balance.... does that mean if I carry on exactly as I am eating and gym wise my body will adapt and stop loosing weight? Or should I increase my cals but not through increasing portion sizes? Sorry if that's confusing! I don't feel like I need more food... But I do feel I don't want to be below 9stone. Currently I am 9st2lbs. Xx

Well done hon - looks like you're finding your way. :) xx

Increase cals by including more protein in meals. Dinner today should have had a bit of protein like ham or tuna or smoked salmon etc. every meal should have protein and carb with an emphasis on non starchy carbs. So have half your plate with leafy veg/salad, quarter with protein, quarter with starchy carbs. Even snacks should be balanced. An example is two plums but have them with either five or six nuts or a teaspoon of mixed seeds. GL is more about correct combinations of foods than calorie levels. Though of course, no matter what plan you follow, overall cal intake must be less than your expenditure. So on days you go to the gym you can afford to eat a little more.

Thank you sooo much for all your help. You are a God send! I had ham in the fridge as well but I didn't even think. I will remember your advice for future reference! I'm going to buy a portion plate to keep everything under control!

I have a peanut allergy.... So to be safe I have always been advised to steer clear from all nuts which is why I can't really use nuts as a snack. I've been tempted a few times but then I have to remember that the outcome is so nasty that I just don't think it's worth it! Annoyingly I am really not keen on seeds either... :S I may try them again though as I havent given them a go post-lipotrim.

Thanks again for all your help! I guess I could of had my two plums with a nairns oatcake? Xx

The nut allergy is not to be messed with, so you are right to steer clear. Try ground seeds, a sprinkling of these does the same but you don't have seeds stuck in your teeth etc. A tablespoon of yoghurt will do either for adding to a snack. A babybel cheese is also good.

Ooooh babybel! Love them. I will pick some up tomorrow! :) I'm just boiling an egg for tomorrows snack lol. Xx

05/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g Porridge, water, 100g galia melon

Snack: Clementine

Lunch: 2 Slices weight watchers wholemeal bread, dairylea cheese triangle, lettuce and cucumber (made into a sandwich) with carrot sticks and 5 or 6 cherry tomatos

Snack: Nakd banana bar

Dinner: Plaice, brocoli, spinach, cabbage and leek then 100g melon and fat free natural yoghurt

Drinks: 3.5L water, 2 peppermint teas, 3 green teas, 2 black coffees

Exercise: 30mins cross trainer, 15mins bike, toning with weights for thighs and abs

Really enjoyed dinner today, I think my portion size was way too big. I got carried away and I was bloody starving. I'm going to watch this for tomorrow and make sure it doesn't start a downward spiral. I was sooooo ready for dinner. First time I had felt hungry all day at about 5 though. Just going to have my melon and yoghurt and then head to the gym. It's a bit of a 'drag myself' job tonight but I'm sure it will be worth it when I get home! Xx

I think lunch could have included a little more protein. If you put the contents of your sandwich on a plate, the starchy carb i.e. bread was more than a quarter of the total. This may have left you hungry, just a thought.

Back