xX The Maintenance Diary of Emma-Jayne Xx Thin for Life! xX

Thanks for that EJ - now I've learned something else there too ... I would have assumed that the cals per hundred grams of those beans would have had to be multiplied by 2.9 to get the total cals for the tin. I never would have thought of using a drained weight! DUR! x

Though not to everyone's taste, beans are a fabulous food and make a great low GL choice. They can be substituted for your starchy carb or for both the starchy carb and protein portion of a meal. Tinned are as good as dried once you buy only beans tinned in water.
Check out the recipe thread in the Stickies section of the Gi forum for recipes including beans. Justbeanrecipes.com is a useful site too.

Todays menu is horrendous! I'm just pre-warning whoever reads this and explaining myself lol. Alarm went off at 6:30 and was at work by 7, really wasn't hungry or in enough time for breakfast so I grabbed a clementine and took it with me, had it about 11. Finished work for break at 2 and had my lunch, had to be back out to work at 3 and then just finished now at 9 :-( Really crap day hence the weird food day!

10/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: None :-S

Snack: Clementine

Lunch: 1/2 weight watchers vegetable supreme pizza

Snack: Nothing

Dinner: The other 1/2 weight watchers vegetable supreme pizza

Snack: 2 tiny plums and 5 cherries

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas, 2 black coffees

Exercise: Rest day as working all day

Lol I thought I meant horrendous as if you'd totally gone off the rails!! The only thing I see is that it's not enough xx

HaHa - I expected to see a long list of treats or something too .... but I do remember when I thought not eating much was a bad day ;) lol x

Haha sorry to disappoint guys! The pizza is not brilliant! And definitely not enough food :-S But ah well. A new day today. Just weighed in and I have pretty much stayed the same this week. Well...9st2.6 to 9st2.2 but I only count whole lbs so I'm classing it as a stay the same. Xxx

Brilliant, well done :) x

Emma are you doing weight watchers?xx

Well done :D ... Why do you only count whole pounds??!! That 0.4lb represents 1400 calories expended that you didn't ingest! I think that's some achievement and you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be counting it!! ;) x

Well done EJ. It's a good result . I'm like you I only count it as a loss if it's well over the half pound mark.
Have a good week.

You're doing a fab job, well done on your losses x x

Emma are you doing weight watchers?xx

No hun not doing weight watchers, I'm just eating healthily and following some low gi/gl principles. Xx

Here's the update guys! Have missed minimins so much over the past couple of days! I haven't been able to get online :-( Last night the thundering and lightening stopped my internet from working and before then I've been in London celebrating my anniversary with the bf.

Sunday 11/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g Porridge, water, small teaspoon sweetner

Snack: Banana (really fancied one!)

Lunch: 2 x Toasted hovis nimble bread, boiled mushrooms and cottage cheese with a pear

Snack: 4 seafood sticks, 1 nairns oatcake and a pear (they need to be eaten lol)

Dinner: Chicken fillet with mixed veg (bocoli, cauliflower, carrot)

Exercise: No gym as the bf was down from London

Monday 12/12/11 Food Diary

My anniversary!!

Breakfast:30g porridge, water, blueberries

Snack: Clementine

Lunch: 2 hovis nimble bread, 300ml bovil, carrot sticks and cherry toms

Snack: Banana nakd bar

Dinner: 100g King prawns, lettuce, cherry toms and cucumber with a baybel light cheese

Snack: Fruit salad pot

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas, 1 black coffee

Exercise: No gym as in London :-(

Tuesday 13/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 40g All bran, 100ml skimmed milk, blueberries

Snack: Cherries and a clementine

Lunch: 100g King prawns, lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms

Snack: 1 belvita breakfast biscuit and an alpen light bar

Dinner: Quinoa, mackeral, 2 boiled eggs, a tomato and carrot sticks

Snack: Harleys low cal jelly pot, blueberries and an apple

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas and 2 black coffees

Exercise: No gym as I had too many lesson plans to write!

Felt like I had loads yesterday! I felt really hungry all day, grrr! Hopefully today will be a better day, I'm busier today so that'll probably help. Also feel like I've been making waaay too many gym excuses! I may not get to go tonight and I've got to go to the school carol concert until about 8ish and tomorrow I am working till 10pm :-( Friday will be the next time and so I only would have been once this week before weigh day....Ahhhh. Never mind. Hope everyone is well! Xxx

I think you could add a little more good carbs to main meals as what you are having looks a little light to me. It might explain why you feel hungry, as on GL, you should not feel deprived.
Maybe get a few tins of beans like, cannelini, haricot, butter or just mixed beans. A tablespoon or so of these will perk up a salad lunch. Butter beans , a half tin, mashed are a good potato substitute.
If you're following GL check out some of the recipes in the stickies section of the Gi/GL section of minimins.

Looking great hon :) x

Thanks everyone! I don't feel hungry everyday, just the odd day but I will definitely take on board what you've said Molly. I love beans so will have no problem adding some. I'm following some low gi/gl principles but I wouldn't say I'm following any particular plan to the letter. Although I have to say I am worrying that my portion sizes may sometimes but a little too large. Sometimes I end up cooking too much veg but put it on my plate anyway! Haven't had any potato this week so think I may add a sweet potato to friday's dinner.

Wednesday 14/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g porridge, water

Snack: Nothing

Lunch: 300ml hot bovril, 2 slices hovis nimble bread, carrot sticks and 5 cherry tomatos

Snack: Baybel light cheese and a small fruit salad pot

Dinner: 75g quorn mince, 200ml stock, red onion, garlic, tomato with brocoli

Snack/Desert: Blueberries, blackberries and a pear

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas, 1 fennel and nettle tea, 2 black coffees

Exercise: None....AGAIN!!!

Really annoying myself with this lack of gym business this week. Have zero motivation to go, I am tired when I get in and it's always cold and rainy outside. Friday I must, must, must go!! And saturday. I feel like everything I've eaten this week has just piled on and that I will have a gain. I'm well overdoing the fruit, I think I'm eating it for the sake of it because I can as it's not high in cals and not because I need it. But hey ho, the battle continues. Xx

Its much harder than TFR eh!

You will soon find a routine that suits you and you can stick to. Maybe you should just do set days at the gym, maybe Mon, Wed, Fri and have the other nights as nights off, that would definitely save the guilt feelings. We sometimes try to do to much in our already busy lifestyles, then we feel guilty for not achieving everything we set out to do.

Be easy on yourself, you are doing fantastic.

Set days sounds like a much better plan! I got messed up with my bf coming to see me this weekend and then going up to see him, it's thrown me right out! I will go tomorrow...Hopefully lol.

Thursday 15/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g porridge, water

Lunch: Cottage cheese, lettuce, a tomato, carrot and cucumber in a salad

Snack: 2 Nairns oatcakes and an apple

Dinner: Casserole that had been frozen and heated

Exercise: None...Working after school 6pm-10pm.

Feeling better about food today! But no better about my lack of gym, weigh in will be very interesting. I can feel a gain. I'm really stressing about work at the moment and haven't turned to food so I'm rather impressed with myself! Xx

Back