xX The Maintenance Diary of Emma-Jayne Xx Thin for Life! xX

I've just had a plum after the gym so need to include it in todays food. I had lunch about 12:30 and it filled me up until 5ish! So I don't think it was the lunch that made me feel hungry, it was the four and half hours without eating lol. I had a nakd bar and then dinner at 6:45. Not too bothered that my portion size was larger this evening because I'll make sure I don't do it again. I'm definitely baring the protein thing in mind, I'm just trying to use up what's in the fridge this week so I can do a fresh shop at the weekend and plan for the week making sure I've got the balance right. Xxx

Thats what its all about planning. Definitely the key to success.

I always try and have some protein at each meal as well, and it fills you up. I also love a hard boiled egg as a quick fix/snack.

I must try those Nakd bars, seen Molly talk about them often, but never tried them.

They're really yummy!! I have only tried the banana bread ones at the moment but I'm going to stock up on some more flavours for next week :) Xx

06/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g Porridge, water, blueberries

Snack: Apple

Lunch: 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread, 300ml hot bovril made from a bovril stock cube, 5 cherry tomatos, carrot sticks

Snack: Banana nakd bar

Dinner: 125g extra lean steak mince, 1/4 red onion, passata, sweet potato, baby corn

Drinks: 3L water, 3 green teas, 1 nettle and fennel tea, 2 black coffees

Exercise: Debating a gym session....IF I go, will only be 30min cross trainer and abs

I have FINALLY used up the steak mince! YAY! I really don't like it that much, prefer quorn mince but as I bought it and used it during refeed I thought I'd use it all up. I kept control of the portion size. The potato was the same amount you're allowed on refeed and the mince was split into four from refeed with 100g baby corn.

Breakfast was yummy and filling as always. LOVED lunch, I thoroughly enjoyed dipping my bread in the bovril and it really filled me up along with my usual carrot sticks and cherry toms! I didn't eat all of my dinner, was really full and haven't had any sort of desert like fruit and natural yoghurt.

Really can't be arsed with going to the gym. It's bloody freezing outside and I just want to snuggle in bed and write my xmas cards! And I've got a full day of teaching tomorrow....sigh. I won't be going to the gym thursday or saturday so I guess I should go tonight. But then I only had one day rest last week. Ahhhhh decisions!! Xx

LOL If you are feeling like you need a rest then listen to your body. If thats one thing i've learnt from running its always listen to your body.

Food looks great again today. Happy to see you have an afternoon snack now, did it help with the hunger in the early evening?

Yeah I think so! I was ready for dinner tonight but not absolutely starving hungry. And it's nice to have a non-fruit snack in the afternoons. I have just built my snacks in slowly as and when and I do feel like I am eating a comfortable amount.

Lol I don't particulary need a rest I'm just being incredibly lazy. I need to pull my finger out this evening. Think I'm going to pop down for a small 30min session then bed! Xx

Well if you go, enjoy it :)

Thanks guys! I got down there and the time went so quick. Really enjoyed my 35min cross trainer session, I even cracked a smile listening to my ipod and feel great for going! Now it's time for bed with the electric blanket on and a cuppa black decaf coffee... Mmm :) Xx

So get the thing about not wanted to go to them gym sometimes. It is so dark and cold outside I just go home have a cuppa and crash on the sofa when I really should be exercising oops!
Well done on still going and doing so well x

You are doing great. Well done on getting to the gym even though you did not fancy it.

07/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: All bran crunch, skimmed milk, blackberries

Snack: Pear

Lunch: Tin of mixed beans, lettuce, cucumber and tomato with an apple

Snack: 2 cherry tomatos, carrot sticks, 2 nairns oatcakes with a dairylea cheese triangle

Dinner: Quinoa, tuna, sweetcorn

Drinks: 3.5L water, 3 green teas, 1 peppermint tea, 2 black coffees

Exercise: 50mins cardio - 35min cross trainer and 15min bike

I feel like I've eaten a lot today! I don't know why! I think it's because of the breakfast and extra apple lol. I still much prefer porridge for breakfast than cereal. I wish I had never got the cereal! It needs using up so I'm going to have to have it now and again.

Did an earlier gym sesh at 5, now I'm going to write my xmas cards and have an early night :) Xx

08/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g porridge, water, 100g chopped strawberries

Snack: Clementine

Lunch: 2 Slices hovis nimble bread, tuna, lettuce and cucumber (made into a sandwich) with carrot sticks and 6 cherry tomatos

Snack: Banana nakd bar, pear and plum

Dinner: 2 quorn sausages, peas and baby corn

Snack: Cherries and fat free natural yoghurt

Drinks: 4L water, 3 green teas, a peppermint tea, 2 black coffees

Exercise: Rest day as I work thursday evenings

Last edited:
Looking great - you're doing fab with your menus chick! :) x

Aw thank you so much! It doesn't feel like it at the moment! I'm well overdoing it on the fruit I think... But it's not shopping day until fri or sat so I haven't been able to get anything else in. I want to start having boiled egg or babybel snacks in the afternoon instead. The pear and plum I had today was actually 2 teeny weeny pears and 2 even teenier plums. Feels like loads. All I want to do at the moment is eat!!!!! I'm resisiting but it's a struggle.... The staff room at school is ram packed with yummies. Bloody idiots, what do they have to bring them in for?!?!?! Xx

Your food looks fab hon ... and really yummy! Which tins of mixed beans do you use? Is it a large tin you have? And how do find the quinoa? I've never had much success cooking it myself - sure i must do something wrong! x

I just use an Asda's own brand tin of mixed beans. It's in an orange tin called 'Mixed beans salad'. The tin is 290g, once drained it's a 200g serving for the whole tin. There are 74cals in 100g so 148cals in the whole thing. I really enjoyed them in my salad! There's sweetcorn, green beans, red kidney beans, blackeye beans, borlotti beans, haricot beans, red pepper and chick peas. Mmmm. If you have trouble finding them I'll post you a pic :)

As for the quinoa, I LOVE it! I cooked it wrongly the first time. Used far tooooo much water and had to drain it but the second time I used 50g dry weight quinoa with 250ml water simmered for 20mins and it turned out perfectly. It cooked and looked just like cous cous. I really enjoy the taste of it! Give it another go Jan, it's all trial and error with these new foods ha!

Have a good day everyone!! :) Xxx

09/12/11 Food Diary

Breakfast: 30g porridge, water and teaspoon of sweetner

Snack: Chopped strawberries

Lunch: Bovril stock cube and 300ml water, 2 slices hovis nimble wholemeal bread, carrot sticks, 4 cherry toms

Snack: 2 teeny weeny plums and 1 nairns oatcake

Dinner: Lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomato, 4 cherry toms, tin of pilchards in tomato sauce

Drinks: 3.5L water, 3 green teas and 2 black coffees

Exercise: 35min cross trainer, 20mins bike, ab crunches and leg toning with weights

Back