Your height/weight/size

boggins

Silver Member
Online I see a number of people who are shorter and heavier than me, saying they fit into smaller size clothes. How is this possible?! For YEARS I resisted the idea that I am "big-boned", but I'm beginning to think I really am.

I'd love to see what all you guys are like size-wise, would you mind telling me? Thank you!

I'm 5'8", currently 210lbs/15 stone, and somewhere between sizes 18 and 20* (definitely 20 on the bottom half, dammit).

You?

*UK sizing

I'm currently 245lbs, 5ft4 and a size 22... at nearly 270lbs the size 22's were getting too tight (eek!), and now at 245lbs i could possible squeeze into a 20 if it was a generous size / old clothes.

i'm 5"10, i weigh 13stones 10 and i fit into a size 12 ( fits very snug) but i like my jeans well fitted:D

Not really doing Atkins ATM but like this post!

I'm 5th 3 and weigh 12st 1lbs and am a size 12. :) xxx

I'm currently 245lbs, 5ft4 and a size 22... at nearly 270lbs the size 22's were getting too tight (eek!), and now at 245lbs i could possible squeeze into a 20 if it was a generous size / old clothes.

See, that's 35lb more than me, but not that far off where I am size-wise, and you're shorter! So weird.

I'd give my high teeth to fit into a size 12 at nearly 14 stone Tamzy- I think I'll be a clear 18 by then, nearer a 16/18.

I think you're smaller framed than me as well emmaedes, I can't imagine I'd get into a 12 unless I was under 12 stone!

Well I'm quite shortish . . . But my legs are def longer than my body. My bf is 5th 8 and our hips are roughly the same height so I suppose I'm quite leggy lol and booby lol! But I carry my weight on my tummy, bum and thighs! Good thing though I as soon as I start losing weight it goes from my bum, tum and thighs few! Lol xxx

See, that's 35lb more than me, but not that far off where I am size-wise, and you're shorter! So weird.

I'd give my high teeth to fit into a size 12 at nearly 14 stone Tamzy- I think I'll be a clear 18 by then, nearer a 16/18.

I think you're smaller framed than me as well emmaedes, I can't imagine I'd get into a 12 unless I was under 12 stone!

i count myself lucky then lol. my body frames really tricky, my legs r really long lol, im taller than the average female so i fit into size 12 bottoms but im at 14 on top because my boobs are huge!! my only problem area is my thighs, im happy with everything else, i just think my thighs could be smaller if i tried really hard:rolleyes: maybe i should try doing some running.:D

Amen on the thighs issue Tamzy, I'm sure I'd fit into a size down if it weren't for those massive thunderers.

Thanks for the link to your thread bluecatlady, seems it really does vary a lot.

The good thing is that I tend to look like I weigh less than I do, if you see what I mean. I look like a size 16 when I'm an 18, sort of thing. I think the taller you are, the more this is true.

Amen on the thighs issue Tamzy, I'm sure I'd fit into a size down if it weren't for those massive thunderers.

Thanks for the link to your thread bluecatlady, seems it really does vary a lot.

The good thing is that I tend to look like I weigh less than I do, if you see what I mean. I look like a size 16 when I'm an 18, sort of thing. I think the taller you are, the more this is true.

yea i definately see what you mean, its a good thing to look smaller than u actually are lol... some people really dont understand why im on a diet but only i no how i feel, they keep tellin me im fine the way i am so i told them not to let my height trick them, i need smaller numbers on the scale fullstop! its really funny because if i dont tell someone my weight they would never think im that heavy. for e.g. my sister is 13 stones but shes 6ft2 and she wears a size 10 but she looks way lighter than 13 st lol... i do hate her sometimes for being so skinny

Oooo interesting thread!

I'm 5ft 2 and 10st 1lb. Am 10-12 on the bottom and 12-14 on the top. Is annoying being in between sizes but hopefully that won't be for long. My ample bosom always makes me larger on top.

Online I see a number of people who are shorter and heavier than me, saying they fit into smaller size clothes. How is this possible?! For YEARS I resisted the idea that I am "big-boned", but I'm beginning to think I really am.

I'd love to see what all you guys are like size-wise, would you mind telling me? Thank you!

I'm 5'8", currently 210lbs/15 stone, and somewhere between sizes 18 and 20* (definitely 20 on the bottom half, dammit).

You?

*UK sizing

Everyone is different I am also 15stone 5 5ft 8 and am 16/18 .. more clothes in 18 than 16 but still some 16 tops. i am very apple shape tho i think this has alot to do with clothes sizes xx

i'm 5ft 2in, size 14 top and about 16 - 20 bottom. i'm about 14 and a half stone ish.
i hate buying clothes, n
i find it very difficult to find stuff that fits.
i hate buying shoes even more.

I'm 5ft 2 inches and 10st 8lbs

Size 10-12 top and 12-14 bottoms!

Size 10-12 dresses.....

I'm an hourglass shape x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm one of those people that weighs more than you'd think to look at me.

I'm 5'2", I weighed 22st 8lbs when I first started Atkins (haven't weighed myself yet), and a size 22/24 top and 24/26 bottom (curse my hips!).

I weigh more than my brother, who's almost 6ft and far bigger than me! If I tell people what I weigh, they don't believe me. That's why when doctors, etc. base everything on weight and don't take size into consideration, they're not seeing the whole picture. Because obviously, due to my smaller size, must have generally less body fat than, say, someone who's also over 22st but wears a size 28. Just something I've noticed over the years.

Really interesting thread. I am 14 st 12, 5 ft 7 and a size 16/18. However when I got down to 12 stone I was still a size 16 and had an odd pair of size 14 jeans but they were big 14s! I strongly believe that even if I was 10 stone I will still be a size 14!!

Oh how did I miss this thread? I'm 5'6" and just over 16st at the mo. I'm in Size 14 jeans and 18-20 tops.

I noticed when on SW that folk never believed my weight! I was 8.5 st when I was 21 and really that was horrible, folk just thought I was Ill .
You can't judge how much someone weis by looking at them, you'll always get it wrong ;)

My pet leave though is how clothes sizes are never the same, even in the same shop!

Back