2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

thanks hun.
wonder if i could get someone to go with me. i would be horrified going on my own. i doubt i would even get as far as the door. lol

there will be a number attached with a ladies name just give her a ring im sure it wont be a problem, it can feel a bit of an odd experience the first time you go but you will be glad you did, its the best thing ive done! just remember everyone in the room is there for the same reason! in mine you rarely get more than 8-12 ppl every week sometimes less so you wont be walking into a group of lots of people we hold ours in a little room and sit around the table.

im very scared and yet quite excited about the prospect of speaking to people person to person who feel the same way as i do and understand the secrecy of eating. im definately going to give it a try, i have nothing to lose.... well, except almost 10 stones. lol

im very scared and yet quite excited about the prospect of speaking to people person to person who feel the same way as i do and understand the secrecy of eating. im definately going to give it a try, i have nothing to lose.... well, except almost 10 stones. lol

gotta admit i chickened out the first few times of going then when i finally went took me months to speak properly lol its amazing hearing other people telling their stories about there secret eating and youre thinking i do that! its such a relief especially to see those in recovery and that it is possible, there is the twelve step traditions book you can get it for a couple of quid off amazon usually its the bible of OA it guides through the steps if you are ready to take them, you dont need it for first meeting or anything but its really good to have-it talks alot of sense too- its like it can see inside my head lol me boyfriend was amazed by the similarities of the way i am- uncanny! xx

i just read right through the website for OA about what to expect from a club etc and strangely i ended up almost crying. sat here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. how weird.
i doubt i will speak in a meeting for quite some time. i tend to shy away from strangers. time has proved to me that strangers can be the cruelest of creatures :eek:.
but , i am going to go. in fact, i might be better going alone. sit there quietly listening and absorbing.

i just read right through the website for OA about what to expect from a club etc and strangely i ended up almost crying. sat here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. how weird.
i doubt i will speak in a meeting for quite some time. i tend to shy away from strangers. time has proved to me that strangers can be the cruelest of creatures :eek:.
but , i am going to go. in fact, i might be better going alone. sit there quietly listening and absorbing.

everyone is so welcoming and its not like going to a weightloss club where you have to introduce yourself in front of everybody (dont they know this is mortifying!!!) you can arrive a bit early and get a cuppa and say hello or i made sure i was right on time so that didnt have to say hello but everyone gave me warm smiles so i felt at ease and were explaining as they went along (they say for any newcomers so they dont direct it at you which is nice) its free to go to a meeting its a non profit organisation normally give a couple of quid donation or whatever i have as they fund th literature and pay rent for the room etc and it goes towards that! but they wont let u give anything on your first meeting and ypu dont have to give anything if you dont have it so dont let that put u off! you will get a welcome back when you go its really lovely :) i really hope it helps you hun!

thanks hun and thank you so much for the information.
u have turned a little light of hope on in my secret bingeing world. :)

also im pleased i went/go by myself, the only person who i could have asked to come was my OH and as much as he is understanding and tries to help me he is what i call 'normal' lol so although he waited for me outside the meeting i feel like i can just be me inside of it and if i have a little cry at whats been said then thats fine, quite a few ppl have a cry at the first meeting and beyond! and i dont have to explain myself to anyone because the people in the meeting already understand :)

thanks hun and thank you so much for the information.
u have turned a little light of hope on in my secret bingeing world. :)

thats made my day that hun, i really hope it all works out for you. any time you wanna chat about oa or anything you know where i am :D (in fact i dont think u cud get rid of me now if you wanted :p) xx

thats made my day that hun, i really hope it all works out for you. any time you wanna chat about oa or anything you know where i am :D (in fact i dont think u cud get rid of me now if you wanted :p) xx

lol somehow i dont think i will ever be trying to get rid of u :p

lol somehow i dont think i will ever be trying to get rid of u :p

awww arent you a cutie :cool: just off to the kitchen to do me routine look in the fridge and cupboards at the foods i cant have and drool before the oh gets home :p

Omg I'm such a proud mum!!! My baby wrote his name for the first time!!!! For those of you who can't read 4 year old it says Deven!!! X

Attachments

• image-3200533046.jpg
    image-3200533046.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 54
Omg I'm such a proud mum!!! My baby wrote his name for the first time!!!! For those of you who can't read 4 year old it says Deven!!! X

awesome. what a clever little boy. nice one Deven :happy096:

Ah, that's so sweet. Before you know it he'll be off to secondary school like my eldest is in September!!!

Thank you ladies :)

Hope we are all well today, I'm on for 100% today... Feeling tired, feet are cold and still a little headachy but the ketosis stick is a smidge pink which means by WI tomorrow I should be fully back in it.

Scales look like they are down by about 1 lb so hoping for a loss no matter how small and I still have 24 hours before I have to WI with my CDC....I could do with another big week like losing 7/8lbs but it's not going to happen any time soon! Going for a full 100% week so I'm hoping that's going to make a difference, I've managed to hit a target every month since I started so I don't want to fall at this hurdle. My mum and dad are visiting late June so I really want to have got at least another stone off in the next 5 weeks!

Xxx

Good morning! I realise I'm a little late to the party.....but is there space for another amiguette?!

I also have a Sept/Oct goal - I want to go and try wedding dresses on - at my goal weight.

I started at 16st 6lb back on 6th January. I SS'd 100% for 14 weeks, then had a little health scare. With my Beck book in my head, I swiftly moved to SW for three weeks. Despite following the plan truly (ie stuffing myself with free food) I still managed to regain all my water and lost 2lb! Was really pleased.
I'm now back SSing. Today is day 6. Think I'm back in ketosis and am hoping for a string loss this week!

So think thats enough of my life story!

I really think I need some support this time. I've luckily managed to get back into the swing of it ok this time, but I have some planned breaks coming up. First one is end of May, so bit worried about getting back on the wagon afterwards! It's a big birthday though, and the weekend away has been planned for ages - so I'm definitely going to enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

HELLO LADIES HOW are we all today
i AM ON DAY TWO NOW AND ITS NOT BEEN BAD SO FAR. eVENINGS ARE THE WORST I THINK.
EXCUSE THE DODGY TYPING I JUST HAD MY NAILS DONE AN IM NOT USED TO THEM HAHA

Thank you ladies :)

Hope we are all well today, I'm on for 100% today... Feeling tired, feet are cold and still a little headachy but the ketosis stick is a smidge pink which means by WI tomorrow I should be fully back in it.

Scales look like they are down by about 1 lb so hoping for a loss no matter how small and I still have 24 hours before I have to WI with my CDC....I could do with another big week like losing 7/8lbs but it's not going to happen any time soon! Going for a full 100% week so I'm hoping that's going to make a difference, I've managed to hit a target every month since I started so I don't want to fall at this hurdle. My mum and dad are visiting late June so I really want to have got at least another stone off in the next 5 weeks!

Xxx

Good luck for tomorrow hun, take it as a fresh start for a 100% ss week and i'll bet you can get a good loss in, make sure you are drinking all of your water aswell and morning :D xx

Good morning! I realise I'm a little late to the party.....but is there space for another amiguette?!

I also have a Sept/Oct goal - I want to go and try wedding dresses on - at my goal weight.

I started at 16st 6lb back on 6th January. I SS'd 100% for 14 weeks, then had a little health scare. With my Beck book in my head, I swiftly moved to SW for three weeks. Despite following the plan truly (ie stuffing myself with free food) I still managed to regain all my water and lost 2lb! Was really pleased.
I'm now back SSing. Today is day 6. Think I'm back in ketosis and am hoping for a string loss this week!

So think thats enough of my life story!

I really think I need some support this time. I've luckily managed to get back into the swing of it ok this time, but I have some planned breaks coming up. First one is end of May, so bit worried about getting back on the wagon afterwards! It's a big birthday though, and the weekend away has been planned for ages - so I'm definitely going to enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

hiya hun welcome to the group :D would you like to set your first two week goal? feel free to get an amiguette banner :p

i also want to start looking and trying on dresses sept/october time :D ive been hearing alot about this beck book, whats your view on it- good?

Fearless xx

HELLO LADIES HOW are we all today
i AM ON DAY TWO NOW AND ITS NOT BEEN BAD SO FAR. eVENINGS ARE THE WORST I THINK.
EXCUSE THE DODGY TYPING I JUST HAD MY NAILS DONE AN IM NOT USED TO THEM HAHA

oi missy you never told me your two week goal and wheres your amiguette banner :p tut tut. im feeling alright today (day three) although TOTM is trying to finish me off :cry:

Fearless xx

Back