2013 is my year :)... 40lbs to go!

Wow such a difference in those pics 1st down! I cant say anything about your current weight, unless i have missed the same pics of you at your current weight to compare. But the pic of you in the dress the other day looked mighty slim! Slimmer than i am right now xx

Thanks hun, I look much worse without clothes on! They seem to hold the fat into place rather than let it hang loose, my belly is the worst like a lil flap that hangs down! :( Took updated pics tonight but not going to upload them yet, will take some tomorrow and see if they're better as i want to keep taking them every time it's roughly a stone lost. Wish me luck I look better in the morning ;)

Thank you :) Its just a hobby for me iv never taken a penny for all those cakes :eek:

Im going to consider it as a profession when my youngest goes full time this year but for now its just a thought. Id need to learn how to cook more than just a sponge first, and how to manage my own accounts, tax etc... just thinking about all that puts me off lol.

Good luck for tomorrow, i bet you look so much better than you think you do - we're all pretty hard on ourselves and are so used to being big that we dont always see how much we improve like others do! Im not a pretty sight undressed lol! I bet there will be such a difference, cant wait to see the pics! :d xx

Ordered some new work dresses off eBay which arrived today so tried them on when I got in...
Dorothy Perkins 16 - one fit lovely one the zip barely does up!

Eek, so in my frustration of feeling so fat I had a look in my wardrobe and saw this dress *points to quote*. It only bloody does up really easily and there's a little gap too. It's quite tight on the boobie area though! Excuse pics have somehow lost my phone tonight so only have webcam!

Photo on 16-02-2013 at 21.34 #2.jpgPhoto on 16-02-2013 at 21.35 #3 #2.jpg

That weird looking second pic was my attempt at taking a pic behind me of the lovely, lovely gap. To think the zip wouldn't even do up a month ago wahooo. Can't wait to wear it to work now :) well, with a top underneath

Oh Sage what an achievement hun, You really do look fantastic!! Look at your tiny waist!!! Gorge dress too :)

You have come such a long way from your first pictures on here, Its like a different woman well done xx

Wowzers!!! You've done really well.... Think I might give this baking thing a go... Everybody's gotta start somewhere... I can do a great lemon drizzle cake, a honey bourbon cake, fudge, bourbon fudge ( hubby loves bourbon lol ) and have recently mastered scones! But I'd love to be able to make celebration cakes. Now the kids are back at school, I only work mon- thurs so every Friday I've got to myself when the kids are at school. Yep I'm going to try it!

Thanks girls all this artistic ness has really got me thinking...

Your dress is gorgeous... You look fab!!! Xxx

Mmmmmmm lemon drizzle is my fav!!! x

Was my mum in laws recipe which I adapted to suit mine and hubby's taste buds. Not made it since starting this diet as I think I'd devour it in 1 sitting lol... Hubby loves choc mint.... Going to try some lovely little cup cakes first before I attempt a big cake lol. Xxx

Ohhhhhh... I like the rainbow cake :rainbow:

You are doing well chaz...... no sleep does make you feel seedy and yuk weight wise :(
Hopefully a goodnights sleep will sort you out :D

Couldn't sleep last night, I'm sooo bad after night shifts :( stayed up tidying up and sorting out old baby clothes to ebay today. I feel about the same as yesterday weight wise, am going to hold off weighing till weigh in day x

There's no point if you are sleep deprived anyway eh ?
Only 2 sleeps (technically) till WI ;)

I definately couldn't do night shifts... Done 3 when we were getting a refit and it took me ages to sort myself out after it... Hope your okay today sage xxx

Thanks hun just tired. Working mon,tues,weds,fri this week then don't know my shifts yet for next week - for all I know could be sat and sun :eek: which would really screw me over :(

can't wait till weigh in this week, even if it's just know where i stand with weight loss this week!

Good Luck for your WI day hunny :)

I just ate a roll. A bloody ROLL. with bUTTER. I'm so pissed off, i'm never going to be down at weigh in tues, I know it :(

And I had such a bloody revalation tonight as well but I still went and messed it up.

I got into my pjs and thought 'god, I hate these pjs.' They're not even PJs. The baggiest old bleach stained tshirts size XXXL and baggy old ripped bottoms from primark. I've been wearing these for years. The last time I wore nice pretty fitting matching PJs was before I had my eldest.

Why did I start wearing these?
When I was pregnant I outgrew my PJs, these things were big and comfy and loose and I thought once I had my son I'd lose the weight and be back in my nice ones.

Why did I continue to wear them?
Pretty sure when I had my son I had PND. I would sit crying, sobbing for hours on end. I struggled to breastfeed - BAD, BAD mummy. I felt like a failure. Due to my job I know the ins and outs. I know what is in formula milk. i know many of the unknown benefits of breastfeeding. I know the long term differences. I respect women's right to choose however they want to feed their baby but I wanted to be able to actually fulfill my own choice, and I couldn't. I couldn't take the crying. Who knew babies cried this much? What the hell does he want? Why doesn't he sleep? Who knew babies don't sleep at night??? Well I would have if I had done some bloody research. Noo I don't need antenatal classes. Noo I don't need to talk to anyone who has done this before, who is a mum themselves. I swear, having a real life baby was the biggest culture shock of my life. I was NOT prepared for this. I was also not prepared for the change in myself. I used to party, drink, smoke, take drugs, sleep with anyone, end up anywhere.... I lived in a squat at 14 with my boyfriend who used to wrap cord around my neck till I passed out then have sex with me - film it and show it to his friends for a laugh when they were stoned. But having a baby was HARDER. I had to care about someone. I had to take responsibilty. I had to grow up, and make choices. I grieved for my old life, which is hilarious because it was pretty much a waste anyway. My friends stopped seeing me. I stopped seeing them. I didn't want my boyfriend to touch me. I thought my son hated me because I was a bad mum because he cried and I couldn't stop him from crying. When the crying was relentless I'd shut myself in the bathroom scream, cry and throw things until I was calm enough to deal with him again. But whilst I was doing that he was laying there alone crying with nobody comforting him. So the guilt continued in a circle.

How does this relate to tatty PJs?
The more unhappy I was the more I ate. The more I ate the more I unhappy I became. The more I ate, the more weight I gained. The more weight I gained the less I would see anyone. The less I saw anyone the more lonely I became. The more lonely I become the more I ate. Food was my friend. It comforted me. It gave me something to do when my son was quiet. It became my solace.
Soon NONE of my clothes were fitting. And if I wasn't going out I could just stay in my nice big baggy PJs right? I'd spend days and days on end in PJS until I had to go out for whatever reason. When I bought more clothes I thought it was temporary - just to be comfortable for now until I've lost the weight. But then I'd get bigger ones, and bigger. And still in my head I thought it was temporary and I'd soon be losing weight.

Why am I STILL wearing these PJs?
If I'm not going out anywhere I wear PJs. They are comfortable. They hide my sins. They are like food- a comfort, a friend. But they shouldn't be. I used to enjoy getting dressed in the morning, choosing nice clothes, looking nice and feeling good about myself. I don't enjoy getting dressed anymore. It's a chore. It's depressing. It makes me sad. I don't get dressed unless I absolutely have to, because when I do it reminds me how fat I am. When I'm putting on weight I don't realise, it's like living in denial. my PJs are so big that I can't tell if I'm getting fatter so when I go to get dressed and something doesn't fit me it's a nasty surprise, and I feel unhappy all over again.

So what's the big deal?
I don't want to fear getting dressed in the morning anymore. I don't want to not go out just so I don't have to face putting proper clothes on. I don't want to panic if the doorbell rings because it's 2pm and i'm in baggy, tatty PJs. I don't want to have to suddenly rush to find something to put on as we need to make a quick run to the store. I hate being this unorganised/not in control. I hate how... unfinished I feel.
For a long time I've told people i love wearing pyjamas at home and i basically live in them because they are so comfy. But tonight I realised I don't love it, I hate it :(

The plan...
So basically I have decided I'm throwing out all my PJs except a couple of pairs. I have one pair of bottoms that aren't baggy that I will keep, another set of bottoms and a couple of tops. As soon as I lose some more weight they're going in the bin and i'm buying some nice PJs. Nice PJs that are also not the type of PJs I'd walk around the house in all day, like little shorts and tops etc. Because it takes a while to get out of habits and I don't want to end up wearing the new ones in the house all day once i get them. I'm really looking forward to waking up, choosing some nice, proper, clothes and getting dressed and facing the day with no sudden dashes if the doorbell rings etc.

But I'm not there just yet!

Wow Chaz.....
Im not quite sure what to say. ...
For whatever reason you found yourself in very dangerous circumstances at a young age. ... that you should have never, ever been in.
You were treated badly, appallingly actually.
And it sounds as though you havent stopped hating yourself for how you allowed yourself to be treated.
The thing is though Chaz, you were a child.... you had no way of stopping this happening.
This was NOT YOUR FAULT, in anyway, shape or form.
THEY were wrong.
THEY deserve to be locked up. ...
NOT you, behind your food. ... or in your outsized pj's.

Its rather odd. .... I always wondered about your previous username. ... and why you were so down on yourself. ... I know why now. .......
Its easy to eat to make yourself unattractive.......on the outside. ..
Then you get to a point and feel the same on the inside eh ?

You have a plan now Chaz.
Change a little every day as you said....
Change your habits.
Start to like yourself. ....
Im sure your kids love you very much, as well as yr husband..... they only need YOU to love YOU now.
You are a lovely lass on here, so I have no doubt that you are just as lovely in real life !!!

Tomorrow is a new day Chaz :)
A baggy pj's free day !!!!

Oh... and a roll free day too chick ;)

Jeezo. ... for somebody who didnt know what to say, I certainly said a lot :eek:

I completely agree with Marge, Pick yourself up and start a new beginning. Today is a new day :) have a wonderful day hunny.

Hey Chaz,
How are you today ?:)

Good luck for WI :D

Thanks lovely! Had a busy day so haven't been on but 100% so yay :) no rolls for me (fat rolls OR butter rolls haha). Will be looking forward to seeing everyones fab weigh ins tomorrow! Kinda not looking forward to mine but oh well! Will check in with you lovely lot tomorrow xx

Back