2013 is my year :)... 40lbs to go!

Hi, I think for breakfast u can make hot chocolate with ur shake and for dinner don't u get hot water for tea at work (mix that in ur soup) and good to go.I always do that on my late and early shifts.Please don't let anything come in ur slimming way, You can do it....

Thanks harry! I don't have any soups though, can't stomach them.... will try hot chocolate though, just a bit worried about lumps!

Will let you know how I get on xx

Ok just give it a go...Hope u like it,u can mix vanilla and choc together and sweetner.

Wow weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

11lbs !! Lucky lady :D
That blooming marvelous :D

I always split my bars into thirds, and have a cuppa tea with each third. If deffo helps.
If you like coffee, you could put half a shake into each cuppa coffee you have ?
It just helps me do it this way when I work earlies, as the days are sooooo long :)

I am sure I read somewhere on here aaaages ago, about someone making porridge using only boiling water...
Sort of pot noodle esq styleee... if you know what I mean :)...
Mix in boiling water, cover, leave for a couple of mins, mix again, eat ?? Maybes ??
I think it might have been Getslimquick that did it, when she went away on a room only holiday type thing.
It could be worth a try at home first, and if it doesnt work, at least you can use the micro to sort it out, without wasting the pack ;

Well works cancelled today so will deffo try porridge with boiling water later to see how it gets on. Wanted to go back to bed but now it's already 7 might as well get the day started.

Hey wonder women 11lb loss well done hun :happy096:

So I'm currently munching on exante porridge cooked with boiling water from the kettle....

My thoughts:

It's like a very thick, sticky, lumpy paste... the lumps are dry and slightly powdery (but when i poke them they aren't actual powder). The taste is a lot stronger than porridge usually is - I can't even taste my cinnamon through the taste. It also get's cold really quickly compared to microwaves porridge, like within 2 minutes.

Having said all that it is edible, just. But I love the porridge. If you didn't like the porridge in the first place you would probably vomit at this stuff! haha.

I will definitely be taking porridge sachets to work to use with the kettle, I can eat it, as long as I have a big drink with it.

Have also had porridge this morning and a choc orange bar cut in half - got hungry early so had half then had the other half when everyone else was eating dinner :)

Drove past dominos today, and actually nearly got tearful. I can taste the pizza in my mouth. (Don't even like dominos that much? prefer pizza hut)

Anyway am going to go now because I feel tired and a bit grumpy and blah

See you all tomorrow xxx

Hmmm, it sounds like havingvthe porridge like it is only good in an emergency then eh? Would a different amount of water make any difference do you think?
It is worth knowing though eh :)

So am feeling knackered and sore today. Night shift, have to leave at 5.30pm so have done the shred dvd, tidied up a bit soon will have a shower then a porridge before i leave for my shift. Am taking a bar will break it in half and have it at two points in the night where I feel I need to eat something! Or maybe even in 3? Then will take porridge and choc shake with me and work out what I'm going to do before i leave - either porridge or hot choc with the kettle. Then have my 3 packs as normal tomorrow.
Probably won't be around much as going out straight after my shift in the morning (don't get home till about 10am and have to be somewhere for 10.30!)

Soooo hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend xxx

WARNING: THIS POST MENTIONS FOOD AND IS FULL OF ANGER!
READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Well
I hope that was enough warning. I'm absolutely bloody ravenous. I'm in a foul mood. I want food. I want pizza. I want chocolate. I want a cheese and ham panini. I desperately want nandos. I'm literally trying not to cry - where has this come from? I think it's because of my shift tonight I'm absolutely dreading getting through the night with no real food. I usually have a glucose/dextrose tablet every half hour as well as food throughout the night and a sleep in the middle which I won't have tonight for a completely different reason. The only place open in the night is a coffee bar with thick rich creamy hot chocolates, toasties and paninis, big cakes cut into giant slices - muffins and brownies and thick milkshakes. If I get desperate in the night that is where I'll be heading and I'm scared I'm gonna go crazy and binge.

My dads had a visit with shopping bags again! Not as bad as last time but bagels and cream cheese, wagon wheels and pink wafers that the kids keep offering me, multipack of quavers, fresh cream cakes

My stomach feels like it's eating itself. I think I keep going in and out of ketosis - my body is sensitive to carbs and I keep having the drink flavourings and coke and dr pepper zero.

Still been 100% though.

Feel tired, lightheaded - have had a huge headache since last night.

I want a large pizza hut pizza with a cheesey crust and garlic bread with cheese.

I want a nandos chicken burger with TWO lots of chips

I want a bacon roll with ketchup.

I want to order chinese, duck with noodles and pancakes and sauce or even go to our local chinese all you can eat buffet with my family like we used to on sundays when it was cheaper and stay there for about 4 hours!

i want doritos. I want chocolate mini rolls. I want chocolate fudge cake.

I want macaroni cheese. Cheesy chips. even cheese on toast will do.

I want to cry.

I want to give up.

I want to go back to being a fat, hungry stupid person that eats all the time.

But I don't, not really. Deep down I don't want to just lose weight. I want to not want this stuff, I want to fancy a nice little salad or some ryvita or some granola with fresh fruit.

How do people like healthy food? How do I do it? Why do I crave the worst foood?

i want chicken escalopes with alphabetty spaghetti and cheesy mash.

i want guilian seashell chocolates - they are my fave. I want the biggest box they do. I want some mini milky ways they are the best - better than the bigger ones. I could eat a whole bag that you get of like 10 or 15 of them.

I want a snickers. just one. I want a big cheeseburger with chips and beans from our fav cafe.

I want to go to bed and hide until these thoughts and cravings have gone.

What do I do. How will I survive tonight???!!!

Had my porridge. Feeling marginally better

Stick with it girl, you know it works!

11lbs down in a week - how fabulous! :D

You don't really want all that nasty, greasy food ;)

Hi Sage Femme darling im sorry to hear you have been feeling down hun. I too was scared on my first night back but it actually wasnt that bad. I took a bar with me and nibbled on it throughout the night with plenty of water and it worked. Phew!!
You can do it hun. Your not destined to be over weight. After everythink you went through, all your cravings, you did it Sage Femme, you had your porriage and you won the battle. :p .
How did your night shift go hun??

Thank you lovelies.... I need to get my act together.

After last nights little breakdown I'm still surprisingly 100% since starting exante :)

Last night was tough, everyone brings loads of snacks that we all munch all the way through night shift (wonder why we all have weight problems???) but I declined as good as gold, everyone thought I was crazy. The smells were amazing. Didn't have anything till 4am after my break then had a bar about 10am when I got home.

Have had a shake today but haven't felt great so haven't had anything else of todays packs yet.

Food has been driving me crazy today - not as bad as last night though!

I just keep thinking in my head why I started this in the first place, how I feel about my current weight - and thinking 'if I don't change anything then my body isn't going to change either!'

Going to weigh in on friday next week instead of thurs due to work.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me xxx

Wow! I am do chuffed that you stayed 100%, after how you were feeling! ! Well blooming done!
You need a big massive pat on the back!
Keep at it chick you are doing soooo well. I reckon you will get well over your stone mark by your next WI ;-)

Hey! Hey! hun thats willpower :D ... wahoo!!

uh oh. After the kids went to bed last night I was like 'I'm just going to lay down for a min, I'm shattered'

Have just woken up!! It's been about 13 hours!!! Only had 1 pack yesterday :( Feel really guilty now!

Good morning :)

WOW! You did absolutely fantastic to stay 100% on your night shift. A massive well done hun :happy036:

Wish I had your will power!

Wouldn't worry too much about yesterday, maybe have an extra pack today if you feel you need it? Should imagine it would level out over the week, but I don't know as I don't think I've ever missed any.

Have a fab day xx

Sleep over takes everything for me :eek:
I would deffo have all your packs today.
It's odd eh?
We feel guilty for eating, and if we don't!

Back