2013 is my year :)... 40lbs to go!

Smoking is a terrible thing to give up.
I think I gave up about 400 times, prior to this one, and I am not joking !!
I would get to 3 days every single week.
Twice I got to 3 months.
Some weeks, I actually only got to 3 hours :eek:
Total torture !!
I am glad I finally managed it longer than all of the above now (just over 9 years !)
But to be honest, that was the reason, or part of the reason I put on so much weight.
Dont stop giving up trying :)
It really is very worth it :)
I remember someone saying to me, its better to give up smoking, then lose weight.
If you are doing both ..... blooming marvellous !!:D

Good morning Sage, you're doing amazing giving up 2 addictions at the same time hun.

Like Marge, giving up the weed added to my weight gain so hang on in there and think how awesome you are managing to do both!

Stay strong and know we're all behind you willing you on xx

Hi Sage you are doing great to give up both I started back on the diet yesterday and I find that on its own hard so hats off to you u r doing fab X

How have you been today Chaz ?:)

Busy busy day, not much time to update or check out anyones diarys (my stupid app keeps breaking so can't go on my phone to use it)

Anyway just wanted to quickly say - good day today!

Forgot to say for Christmas i bought me and my OH a fitbit each - i absolutely love it!

Only started using mine today but...

11,861 steps
25 flights of stairs
5.21 miles walked

Going to update this every day I wear it :) my target is 10,000 steps a day so I'm proud I did it on the first day!

Anyway. Hopefully speak to you all soonnnnnnnn xxxxxxxxx Don't forget me :p

I must say I do feel a bit of the odd one out this time round as everyone is weighing and usually around the same time of week too! It's amazing to see all them number, fabulous. Wish I could see my own... but I just can't. Each time I lose a nice amount I just lose control and think i 'deserve' food or it wont matter so much because of the weight I've lost.

So I weighed before starting, and I'm going to weigh when I'm happy with my body. The scales are gone. In the meantime I'm going by.... .CLOTHES. And since I have no numbers to document on here I'm going by PICTURES!

Since I'm always taking pictures of my body to scrutinize and pick out every lump and bump from every angle in different clothes, yada yada.

So I will upload a couple every now and again *hopefully* to see some progress ;)

My jeans are feeling looser already... had to pull them up quite a few times today!

Ok first up.. my fav. I got these PJs for Christmas. They are SO soft and snuggly and comfy I love them! They are a size 16. I wish I took a photo when I first got them, they were SO tight, really digging in. This is them now- complete with flab hanging over and stretch marks. I can't weight till they are loose! This was taken the day before yesterday I think.
2EBC4C2F-C498-4E61-9A2F-A921087DF819-539-0000005CE94E5951.jpg

Then these ones I took yesterday. I completely relaxed and let my gut loose haha! As you can see it's pretty horrific from the front/back but I don't personally think it's too bad from the side, having said that I do usually walk around a bit more held in than I am in these pics though ;) - jeans and top are a 16.
B36AD85A-B242-493A-A6FF-0C29FF1F7B76-539-0000005CDE0A7DE4.jpg
C29572B3-088B-420B-8DA1-C51DAF8140C7-539-0000005CD8E8ABEB.jpg
998ADC0A-4FE5-4E6C-9EEA-F324AF6A8D54-539-0000005CE0AAABC6.jpg

I can't wait to update with nicer looking pics :D

I was thinking about this at 4am this morning when I was trying to go back to sleep after being up with the Toddler. It doesn't really matter what you lose on a week to week or day to day or month to month or anytime to anytime basis, that's all pretty irrelevant when you're trying to get to a weight/size you feel happy at and stay there, and you can't really influence how quickly or slowly you get there. I've decided I'm going to weigh a lot less frequently. I weighed about 5 days ago and I'm not going to bother for a while.

Fitbit says - 12,849 steps
29 flights of stairs
5.72 miles walked

Had a slip up today though...

Left in a hurry, forgot breakfast or to take a bar with me. Bought a celebrity slim meal replacement bar whilst out (couldn't find naything anywhere so i thought i'd make do). Opened to try, was gross! Put it in my bag. Later on went to get it out and it had come out of the wrapper all smushed, melted with bits of lint stuck to it etc over the contents of my bag.

OH and the kids sat and had their lunch we'd bought earlier and my 2 year old didn't want his ham and cheese roll..... so yep. That's the story.

I'm kind of ashamed as I could have waited and eaten when we got home - but we didn't get in till 6pm and I was starving.

So whatever, **** happens, as they say.

Tomorrow a new day?

Finally a bit less of a busy day so will be able to make sure I eat porridge for breakfast, take a bar out with me and be home early enough to have something for dinner!

Fitbit says - 12,849 steps
29 flights of stairs
5.72 miles walked

Had a slip up today though...

Left in a hurry, forgot breakfast or to take a bar with me. Bought a celebrity slim meal replacement bar whilst out (couldn't find naything anywhere so i thought i'd make do). Opened to try, was gross! Put it in my bag. Later on went to get it out and it had come out of the wrapper all smushed, melted with bits of lint stuck to it etc over the contents of my bag.

OH and the kids sat and had their lunch we'd bought earlier and my 2 year old didn't want his ham and cheese roll..... so yep. That's the story.

I'm kind of ashamed as I could have waited and eaten when we got home - but we didn't get in till 6pm and I was starving.

So whatever, **** happens, as they say.

Tomorrow a new day?

Finally a bit less of a busy day so will be able to make sure I eat porridge for breakfast, take a bar out with me and be home early enough to have something for dinner!

Throw a couple of bars in your bag for emergencies hunny I always had 3 or 4 battered ones in the bottom of my bag when I was on the dust x just treat tomorrow as a new start x you can do it just need to be a bit more organised ;)

I hope you had a better day today :)

Good day today, 100% so far, wish me luck for the final couple of hours lol xx

How's it hanging chick ?
You still with us ?
:)

:(
I fear the worst........................

Did you get the parcel chick ?

Where r u Sage???

Oh no :( see just 1 planned day off can ruin your whole mind set. Iv been there and done it too!

Hope your ok Hun. Come back when your ready we are all here for you xx

Back