2013 is my year :)... 40lbs to go!

What an excellent post, how sad am i getting excited about it lol. Well done hun that is such a turning point, its what i plan to do as soon as we can afford the next shop too. Great idea about meat too, we have a chest freezer in the garage that is plugged in but empty. Will be doing what you said too!

You are doing fantastic. I just saw the picture of you in the dress :eek: You said you didnt look as slim as my 13st 13lbs pics??! Huh?!! You look wayyyy slimmer than i even am now, I could never get away with a dress thats for sure! Your figure looks great hun, maybe its how you percieve yourself then? I dont have the hips, butt of legs to wear a dress for a long time yet but you look fantastic :) xx

Hey growing your own veg is great!
Last summer we were allocated an allotment- shocked, understatement. Had our names down but not expecting for years! But, had great fun. Kids made a scarecrow, we had an old pond there which we cleaned out and put ten fish in, the kids named every one!!! We had more fresh veg and fruit then we knew what to do with. Me an oh had great fun and hard work in the sun creating food for the family. Inlaws coming up to help build fences and paint shed, cups of tea and beer after a group digging session etc all great memories.
We even made some batches of homemade wine- wont know if any good until later this year - and if bad wont do again!!
Looking forward to getting back up the old plot this spring xxx

Im glad you are feeling better :)
I think its great all your food ideas fir the future. It does help with budgeting too.
I would love to try and make mayo and peanut butter. Most shop bought peanut butters have so much sugar in :eek:
I don't buy it if it does.... its no good for the man friend with his diabetes.
And light mayo has lots of carbs too, its best to have full fat variety with lesser additives I think :)
This year I'm not growing anything, as the past couple of years I have neglected things as I have been too busy :eek:.
I also found I was growing stuff and not eating it, because of this diet !!!

I would love to grow my own veg. I just have the back garden though and dont want to dig it all up lol xx

Our back garden is pretty big we have the patio area with garden furniture, washing line, BBQ etc, then the main grass bit, then some apple trees, then two sheds and a green house, then a couple of steps up to the end section which is all overgrown but where we used to grow our veg. I'm thinking maybe this summer to clear it out and next summer to grow.

I never thought I'd like cooking other than baking but it's so relaxing, and I'm really enjoying it. Today going to plan next weeks meals and go shopping.

Feeling So hungry today after my night shift but don't know why. Drinking lots of water, might need some coke zero when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I like cooking :)
I think thats what I missed most when I did exante last time....
This time I have been cooking for the man friend so its been a win win thing :D

I don't understand why I'm fatter today? Haven't weighed but my leggings are cutting in when they felt fine yesterday? Maybe it's because I haven't really slept in the last couple of days? They say sleeping helps weight loss... :( feel really like what is the point today, all this hard work and I feel fatter than ever.

Ok just jumped on the scales still 13.5 which is better than a gain I guess? But it's now 4 days since weigh in and the scales haven't moved... which I wouldn't mind so much if I FELT how I felt on weigh in day but I feel like my tummy is getting fatter :(

Would you have weighed less this morning though? I'm already 1.5lb up on this mornings weight as I've been drinking lotsa green tea, and green coffee and also had a shake. I'm bad enough daily weighing. Please don't count an afternoon weigh in if you normally morning weigh. The scales have proved your tummy isn't getting fatter, might be extra water, imagine when you whoosh that out? Each litre of water weight 2lbs fact! Have you drunk anything today? Your doing great, keep going. It will be worth it in the end. Xxx

Thank you Carrie, I'm going to try to stay off the scales till weigh in and just continue and hope for the best :D x

This is the cake I made for my sons birthday this week 163380_10151456687830751_452181890_n.jpg Looks a bit messy where I cut it but all in all was pleased with it. It's been nicknamed 'hyperactivity cake' cos of the colours lol 13226_10151456688135751_445283436_n.jpg

Bought a size 12 H&M dress and a size 14 New look dress off ebay this week and they arrived today, going to try them on tomorrow - have no hope yet for the 12 but the 14 is sort of a knit material so should fit! :D

I love making rainbow cakes!! They're sooo pretty.

Nobody gets to see mine though coz they wont cut into the damn cakes! :(

Havnt made one for ages actually you've inspired me now, Might make Tuesdays cake rainbow inside xx

Ahh my family don't get a choice, i take it into the kitchen and cut it up into bits and give everyone some hehe

It looks fab hun. Is it a hobby or your profession?

A lot of the cakes i uploaded actually went in the bin, such a waste. Once id handed them over to family they wernt mine anymore, and family would take them home from their party and leave them on the kitchen worktop not wanting to touch them. Needless to say the irony is that the cakes met a much worse end anyway! I begrudge making such big detailed cakes now it is a huge waste. I still have the icing figure of my nan and her dog in my cupboard that i rescued before that cake sat for 5 months on a worktop before it was no use to anybody! xx

That's such a shame, that's happened to me before a long long time ago when I was a bit more creative / had more time and I said 'I'm sorry I won't be making any more for you if it's going to get wasted, ingrediants etc cost money and they are made to be eaten, i would have made it out of clay if you wanted it as an ornament' haha, my family haven't said anything since but tbh my cakes have gotten a lot worse so I don't think they'd mind eating them anyway - as long as they taste good!

Baking is Definitely not a profession, i help little people out into the world for a living ;). I only really do it for my kids / friends / families birthdays these days

Just took updated pics like the ones in the first post of this diary and I'm 100% sure I look bigger at 13.5 than I did at 14.4? Baffled :(

Going to take more pics I think first thing in the morning before drinking and shaking throughout the day maybe it will look a bit better

That's such a shame, that's happened to me before a long long time ago when I was a bit more creative / had more time and I said 'I'm sorry I won't be making any more for you if it's going to get wasted, ingrediants etc cost money and they are made to be eaten, i would have made it out of clay if you wanted it as an ornament' haha, my family haven't said anything since but tbh my cakes have gotten a lot worse so I don't think they'd mind eating them anyway - as long as they taste good!

Baking is Definitely not a profession, i help little people out into the world for a living ;). I only really do it for my kids / friends / families birthdays these days

You're cakes are not worse, That rainbow one is amaaazing! Great words haha, The straw that broke the camels back was the simpson cake, i made that in november and it was left in my nans. My uncle ended up taking it into work but i was so annoyed that my brother didnt even save Homer!!

Awww wow you're a midwife thats fabulous xx

Wow such a difference in those pics 1st down! I cant say anything about your current weight, unless i have missed the same pics of you at your current weight to compare. But the pic of you in the dress the other day looked mighty slim! Slimmer than i am right now xx

I love cake too much to see it wasted - next time it's someones birthday etc just bake it, get pics etc but then make sure its cut and shared before the evening is over! lol. You should advertise on netmums etc - we have some on our local boards but some of them aren't half as good as you and they charge loads.

Back