Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hi all, back at work and it bedlam. Did 20mins Qigong before work. 17.5 hour fast at ate chicken skinny noodle soup at 11.30am with 2 brogies and egg mayonaisse. Had had a 2km lunchtime walk just now, not fast as in my work clothes and boots. My face is now stinging from the icy air. And i have more soup and keto pizza for when i get home

Last edited:
Phew that was a mad day and about to become a mad week thanks to covid-19🤬. I was given a new urgent task to do and set myself up for it with an almond decaf latte and 3 digestives. I have emergency digestives in my drawer that I meant to ditch. But am actually glad I don't cos I would have gone into the canteen and filled up on cake and chocolate. Dinner now was just some of the keto sort of pizza thingy and mayonnaise. Getting through water today though more than I have been.

Cake and chocolate sounds divine to me to have in such uncertain times we are having but well done on just keeping to the digestives.:)

We have gone into Full lockdown so my vegan 'diet' will have to wait as I will be using what is in the freezer so I don't have to go shopping for a couple of weeks.. I think I am already writing this year off as it doesn't look good. :(

Will start my bike routine again tomorrow so I don't sit around all day.

I know Mary, such a cr@p way to start the year. Our schools are staying closed now indefinitely. And I'm now wishing I had stayed in my old job where I would be safely working from home. Instead I'm mixing with people everyday in a tiny office and ruining my clothes by washing them all on hot washes. Though I've been told I've been bumped up the list again for the vaccine and could have it within 4 weeks. Though in practical day to day terms not sure what it will mean. Can I go without a mask? Can I visit my parents? Will I be allow travel freely? Hmm, wait and see I suppose. In bed now, have lunch planned for tomorrow at work but not sure about dinner yet. If I can go for a walk before work I can shop at lunchtime and figure it out then. A burger, salad leaves and avocado sounds nice.

I see the stats are back again, yayyyyy. I've updated my ticker but that hasn't changed yet, I have Easter eggs on it. I've set a goal just for Easter on it, trying to get some motivation by seeing it move quicker.

I see the stats are back again, yayyyyy. I've updated my ticker but that hasn't changed yet, I have Easter eggs on it. I've set a goal just for Easter on it, trying to get some motivation by seeing it move quicker.
Tipperary we are on quite similar stats and end goal!

Although a rubbish start to the year I’m sure you’ll smash your Easter goal 🎉👌.

Stay strong over there ladies I’m sure in a couple of weeks the numbers will significantly start dropping. At least your PM is acting unlike US (Trump).

Last edited:
Stay Safe @tipperary.

Burger and avocado sounds lovely.

Good you have been bumped up the list. I don't understand why they don't jab the NHS,key workers and shop staff first. They are the ones that are out there serving and protecting us. My jab is late May/June then next one 12 weeks later that is if they get their act together and start doing more every day.

Good you have been bumped up the list. I don't understand why they don't jab the NHS,key workers and shop staff first. They are the ones that are out there serving and protecting us. My jab is late May/June then next one 12 weeks later that is if they get their act together and start doing more every day.
We have 15 stage priority list, 1 is over 70 in long term care and 2 is frontline healthcare which is where I have been bumped too even though technically I'm non frontline.

Tipperary we are on quite similar stats and end goal!

Although a rubbish start to the year I’m sure you’ll smash your Easter goal 🎉👌.

Stay strong over there ladies I’m sure in a couple of weeks the numbers will significantly start dropping. At least your PM is acting unlike US!
Hi Bren nice to see you. Yep are stats may look similar but you are obviously much taller than me cos I'm very overweight with a BMI of almost 40...but working on it.

I see you are in sunny Oz right now, not fair, it's easier to lose weight in the summer. I'm actually not in the UK but in Ireland so our covid response has been very different to the UK, much quicker and stricter. We have a 5km limit from home right now, schools are closed and only essential work allowed

Hi Bren nice to see you. Yep are stats may look similar but you are obviously much taller than me cos I'm very overweight with a BMI of almost 40...but working on it.

I see you are in sunny Oz right now, not fair, it's easier to lose weight in the summer. I'm actually not in the UK but in Ireland so our covid response has been very different to the UK, much quicker and stricter. We have a 5km limit from home right now, schools are closed and only essential work allowed
Good morning!

Yes I’m in Melbourne and we had the same harsh lockdown, 5km limit, caring, only out for food, mandatory mask wearing and school remote. No one in Victoria could work unless you were essential. You just need 6 weeks to really get it suppressed again.

Are you nervous about the jab? Obviously you work in Health Care. I’m a secondary teacher last year was so draining.

Oh I didn’t check out your BMI, yep I’m 5/7

Waiting on the car to defrost so I can go to work. It's minus 6 out there.

Are you nervous about the jab? Obviously you work in Health Care. I’m a secondary teacher last year was so draining.
I'm not sure about it, I was totally against it but in the past 2 weeks I've read a lot of independent research about it and now think I will get it. Yep I'm working in healthcare admin but only for the past 6 weeks. Prior to this is was in Social Protection and had been working from home since 10th March so a big change having to go back to an office and mix with people. Social Protection was so busy with the pandemic as suddenly we had a million unemployed people to financially support.
I don't pick em easy😁

Oh absolutely a tough job and throw in a pandemic! So many people doing it rough.

Wow -6! Only ever came close in Switzerland in the mountains during Summer lol

Last edited:
In bed now and had a sneaky square of dark chocolate with almonds. Did 20 minutes of Qigong this morning before work. Ate lunch, well some of it at about 11.45 and the did my grocery shopping at lunchtime. So no walk today.

. Majority of businesses closing this weekend and people are getting very fed up of being at home now especially as days are so short and it's so dark. Daughter one exhausted cos the school is closed for her eldest. And she has been fully at home with the other two because no creche available and hasn't been able to return to work since her maternity leave finished. Her husband may have to work from home from Monday and I'd say she is looking forward to the help. Daughter 2 has fully left home for the duration. She is essential services. There is an few positive cases in her office she doesn't want to risk contact with us. Son is construction so will be bouncing off the walls here from Friday, he just hates been indoors. Trying to convince husband he needs to cocoon again but he doesn't seem as committed to the idea as he did the first time. And I still get to go to work each day where my first job each day is still to check who is dead (yes really 😒) but now I also have to check how many staff are sick or isolating as close contacts.

Only food shops and chemists to stay open. And the government have shut down click and collect options from all other shops. Many small shops are not in a position to do mail order or delivery. And with Brexit we no longer have the option to buy from Amazon.uk. Though thankfully I believe food wise and new shipping lanes we will be in a better position than ye in the UK could be soon. Are there still huge delays at the ports?

Anyway, I'm off to sleep and will chat tomorrow, another icy night I believe.

Morning, me again about to get up. Ive to sort out lunch for work first. I need to be in work a little earlier so no Qigong as wont have time for that and a shower. But will go for a lunchtime walk. Had a weighin and scales moving the right direction so i will be able to move my ticker tomorrow now that its sorted, 👍

It was -2 when I walked to work at 4.30am. Came out at 7 am and it had got very foggy and colder.

I would love some snow.

OH has a laptop coming from Dell(ireland) hope it doesn't get caught up at the borders as he is desperate for it.

Going to look u Qigong as need something to do while not going out. :)

Busy day at work but I did get to go for a walk, the snow had melted in town. However I felt like I was getting a cramp just as I was back at the office. It feels like the muscle is in spasm, annoyed as it wasn't actually sore while I was walking. Had brogie and ham and coleslaw for lunch. Just had a burger and grilled peppers for dinner now.
Hopefully the weather not as cold tommorow.

Back