Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Lunch tomorrow will be a small salad starter yet to be determined. Soup shots, which is roasted tomoto soup already made in autumn with our own tomatoes. Then duck, chicken and ham, 2 types of stuffing, roast potatoes, gravy, spiced red cabbage, sprouts with chestnuts, chantenay carrots that i grew and mashed pumpkin also from the garden. We dont do dessert but will have lots of wine and i have mince pies for whenever.
St Stephens day involves a big late breakfast, a long walk and leftovers. Lots more wine and boardgames.
And thats our xmas, no real change due to covid as we are all in the house together anyway. I may travel to see my parents on Sunday depending on how they are and what travel restrictions we have

So as Susie says covid is getting frightening again. We were "released" about 3 weeks ago and assuming we eould go back to lockdown again in January. But nope its starting today. All pubs, restaurants, non essential shops and businesses to close at lunchtime today. You can visit one family for xmas lunch and then no non essential travel. So on 26th you can only travel home and thats it. As a HSE (our NHS) employee I have a magic sticker on my car allowing me to travel and while I dont want to take advantage of it it might help me to get to my parents if needed.
We start our first covid vaccinations on Dec 30th. Im really unsure about it. I have been saying all along I don't trust it yet and would like to wait a year at least. But we have been told at work that we are in phase one to receive it and now im wondering am i selfish to say no. Hmm i will have to ponder on it. The reality is that i am the one now leaving our house and mixing with a lot of people including the hospital staff. So i am more likely to be the one to bring it back to our house. A lot to think about.

And.... After all that (see once i start i dont stop) we have 2021 to look forward to and a new fab me. I will get cracking on some sort of a proper weight loss snd fitness regime cos i cant continue ss i am. We have no uniform at work and the standard is smart casual, i have been much more casual than smart with my hippy style vibe. But some of the ladies go all out in style and i have seem some amazing dresses this week and looking at them enviously thinking i just wish i could pull off that look. So will get started in earnest once the new year is over.

One advantage if the new job is that it is slightly too far to go out for lunch, even to a deli for a sandwich so no temptation to stray from my packed lunch.

Best wishes for Christmas and the new year everyone and thanks for the support through this crazy 2020. Have a safe and peaceful week and see you on the other side ready to kick ass in 2021 👍💋☺️

New thread title, almost new year, new motivation, weigh in and stats tomorrow. Having a final day with the xmas leftovers.

No weigh in or stats today. Late for work but neef 5 minutes and a cup of tea before i head off.

Like the new thread name, has real determination about it :).

You've inspired me to change mine to something upbeat too x

Last edited:
I'm so fed up with food I am doing Veganuary and cheating on some of the meals by using packet food. It's got all the nutrients I need and I need some sort of kick start. :)

Attachments

• MWSnap566 2020-12-29, 13_50_37.jpg
    MWSnap566 2020-12-29, 13_50_37.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
Well i havent started anything yet and realistically it will be Saturday before i do. It was a very cold day yesterday and we had no heat at work. I had my lunch soup at breaktime to warm me up. Then at lunch i needed something warm so got mash and veg from the hospital canteen. It was soooooo cold in the office. Ice out this morning and still huddled in bed. Mote soup to bring and ive a chicken and cauliflower bake to heat at lunchtime. Though i might do some grocery shopling at lunch break.

@Mary2020 I've not heard of Huel before - what's it like? The pics of serving sizes look bigger than the usual VLC products?

Oh no Tipp no heating at work?! Surely they need to send you home when that happens???

The chicken and cauli bake sounds lovely.

@Mary2020 I've not heard of Huel before - what's it like? The pics of serving sizes look bigger than the usual VLC products?

Oh no Tipp no heating at work?! Surely they need to send you home when that happens???

The chicken and cauli bake sounds lovely.

I haven't tried it yet. A son and OH has and they like it. Like every pic they do look large portion sizes. I will probably have half a serving and add some veg to it as I like to feel food in my mouth. On the Huel forum they mix the flavours so they add one scoop of the tomato to one of the others. With the shakes they add fruit to them.. Will be trying them out on Saturday. They do have more flavour ones in now so will order some more.

F3ck1ng level 5 full lockdown again 😩. Schools to stay closed aswell as non essential shops. 5km travel limit. And we have 15 prority levels for the vaccine, ive been bumped from level 4 to level 2 today due to the work needed done today. Hmmm

Planning on Thai takeout for tomorrow evening. Im collecting it on the way home from work as im the only one allowed to travel and deliveries not allowed

Big hugs Tipp, stay safe, all of you xxx

We're in Tier 4 in about 90 mins...and all the covidiots are all over the local FB pages ranting and raving about not being able to go out and get drunk on NYE - this, when nearly 1,000 people died today. Honestly never realised just how unbelievably selfish humanity can be sometimes!

I know, some people are just totally stupid and just arent seeing the big picture. Someone young and fit may well get it and it have little or no effect on them but they arent seeing the consequences of all the others they may have passed it on to. And all the resources that takes never mind the serious threat to life

Anyway all, enjoy your safe and socially distanced new year however you spend it. Tonight is Thai takeaway for us and as tomorrow is my birthday im hoping for Prosecco and cake🎂🍷🤞

Back