Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, well had a painful night, my legs just so sore. I even sent my husband looking for paracetamol at about 3am but no luck. So I have pulled out my jiggle board and did 15 minutes on that this morning hoping that will help with blood circulation and ease the problem. I haven't been using it in a long time cos I was worried it would shake my hip too much. But it was a case of which would make me more comfortable. Im not walking at all so legs not moving so fingers crossed some jiggling each day with help with the muscle pain.
I think I will go ahead and order the exercise bike, it's a bit of money to spend but I was given some cash and vouchers for Christmas that will just about cover it.
Lunch today packed is a chicken burger, a smashed avocado and I have some brogies and also some fenugreek goats cheese. No soup today, I was just too tired to make any last night.
And finally, had a small loss on unofficial weigh in this morning so I have lost the gain and on track for a small loss this weekend. All I need to to stay sensible with food, continue intermittent fasting and stay away from wine till Friday. And instead of Friday takeaway I'm going to grab a lasagne from the local deli for dinner. Not keto at all but better than chips or Chinese takeaway and no leftovers to tempt me Saturday morning.
That's me for this morning, chat later.

Dinner done for this evening, chicken kiev and some olives. Finishing a litre of sparkling water now with lime juice and my day is over. Had another 15 minute jiggle and also managed a walk around the car park at lunchtime.

You got some good movement in today. Lime water, I must try that, I am getting bored of lemon water

Yep,I much prefer a squeeze of half a lime in vodka or gin than lemon, so have that now in sparkling water instead. Other options are some ginger or even a sprig of rosemary.
In bed now and have taken paracetamol for the leg pain. Will be interesting tomorrow to see if the jiggling had any effect (for new readers it's a vibration plate and according to the waffle about it 15 minutes has the same effect on your muscles is as 1 hour walking). I'm just looking for it to improve my circulation and hopefully shift that stubborn cramp in my leg. Though I remember from when last I used it that it had a great effect on my digestion and I had no trapped wind or pain while using it.
No wine today, that's 5 days free just tomorrow to go and looking forward to some,but not too much on Friday.
Must remember to email company tomorrow to check the exercise bike is suitable for shorties like me and I've transfered the money to my online account so I can buy it.
In bed now, talk tomorrow 🙋

Morning, awake but not quite ready to get up yet. Going to have a jiggle and then get ready for work. Lunch today will be dame as yestetday as i had to cook the remainder chicken burgers. If ever i say i am having a burger i mean a fresh beef or chicken meaty burger, no bun or sauce and not something frozen or overly processed. So just minced beef or chicken.
The bedlam at work is helping with the intermittent fasting. I dont have breakfast at home and plan on eating at morning break but havent managed to take a break all week. So it 1pm before i get to eat giving me an 18 hour fast. And to be honest ive got used to it and only start to feel hungry after 12pm anyway. No sugar lows or mad cravings, fingers crossed it stays that way. My main challenge for today is to drink enough water, im still striggling with that since i returned to the office.
Talk later.

All that yapping about fasting I I ended up hungry when I got up. So I'm having a slice of toast and ham now before I head off🤭

I find it tough to eat in the morning, even when I was young I never ate breakfast before school.
I had an omelette this morning to help improve my diet but it was not easy. I prefer my coffee 😂😂😂

Morning, it's silly I clock and I am awake but I had a good sleep and didn't feel any leg pain. But may have been just very tired, I don't know. Had just chicken for dinner and then a packet of crisps and succumbed to a glass of wine. Was in bed by 9.30 ad fell straight asleep. Official weigh in when I get up, I hope the toast, wine and crisps didn't throw me off too much, though usually it takes another day for things like that to be reflected on the scale. I had a good bit of water yesterday (and was running to the loo all day🤭) so hope that helps. Will be back later with official stats.

I've just ordered the exercise bike. It's on preorder and the 10 days delivery so I'm hoping it will be here in about 2 weeks😀

So I've actually dropped 2.2kg this week but was fighting a 1.1kg gain so an overall loss of 1.1kg but has taken 3 weeks. On the right track now.

I probably ate too much yesterday, well too many carbs, and drinking lots of water now to help. Had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich at 11am and then 3 sausage rolls at 1pm. I didn't really want them and ante them mindlessly while talking on the phone. Had the planned lasagne at 6pm and some wine.
Had a big breakfast just a while ago, a 2 egg omelette with chorizo, scallions and cheddar and also a mashed avocado.
Just washed all my clothes, due to covid I'm washing my work clothes at 60 degrees. Well I must have had a new black t shirt in the wash cos something ran and now my orange trousers and yellow ones are now all sludgy grey😬
I've had a jiggle today and done some stretches, I'm hoping to go for a walk and see how my leg manages it.
Talk later

Wow your leg sounds so painful hun, glad the paracetemol helped - and that might be what's helping you sleep too, it always knocks me out.

Is it red and swollen? if so, you might have cellulitis, like I had - I don't mean to alarm you unecessarily but it's so common, but it can also become very serious.

Good job on the exercise bike, will look forward to seeing how you go with it. Other things to add to the exercise regime might be chair exercises like I do (not often enough!) - have a look at these -

I love Donovan, the first guy, he does lots of vids and they can be really high intensity without hurting your hips and knees!

The second and third ones, I love the mum, she must be in her 80s!

Let me know if you find any good ones, there are 000s out there :).

Last edited:
Hi Susie, yes iv seen some of the Dr Jo videos, she's good. In fact I did some of her stretches for for swollen ankles today. Nope, it's not cellulitis in my leg, it's a cramp or calf muscle in spasm and combined with hip pain just makes it difficult to get comfortable at night. Just lots of little things adding up. Thanks for the suggestions.

Morning all. Had a busy time in the kitchen. I've roasted a chicken and also cooked meatballs and pumpkin in a tomato and veggie Ras-al-hanout sauce. I've also made coleslaw and in the middle of making skinny chicken noodle soup. Just had a big breakfast now, 2 eggs scrambled with some ham, a mashed avocado 🥑 drizzled with pistachio oil, rocket, coleslaw and a brogie...I'm stuffed now.

View media item 4908

Happy February, one minth into 2021 and its doesnt feel like we have left March 2020 yet😩.
I got some seeds sown yesterday, some peppers and chillis and 3 varieties of courgette. My aim is to see if we can have stuffed courgette flowers for Easter lunch. Next week i will do 4 varieties of tomato and the pumpkins. All need heat to germinate so as we have underfloor heating they are under the stairs. The problem will be where to put them after germinating as it will be still too cold in the polytunnel.

Wow you got a lot of exciting things done yesterday, good for you. Plenty of eating in all your veggies

Hi all, well it was a very busy day. Didn't get to eat until 1pm today. Had chicken noodle soup made with skinny noodles, roast chicken, coleslaw and brogies. Dinner just now was the meatballs mad with pumpkin yesterday. I've had some tea through the day but didn't really get to drink any water.

Back