Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ive just realised that ive lost over a stone😂. I was kind of waiting on 10kg as a milestone marker and hadnt paid attention to the imperial numbers. 6.9kg is over 15lbs.

Ive also had some nice little unofficial drops over the weekend too. Not too far off losing my covid weight gain now. But i was too overweight at the start of covid anyway.

well done Tipp, a stone is a LOTTA weight!

Sounds like a lovely Saturday, Tipp.

I've been perusing some Keto Fitness Club recipes too - lots of ideas and many with a youtube video too. I like the daughter and dad because they often suggest alternatives, substitutes etc - and the practical - what s good for lunches after having it for supper etc https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/pages/free-recipe-library

Lunch plans changed slightly. Roasted the chicken and the duck and then made rice salad and pasta salad. Also made coleslaw and egg mayonaisse and a cucumber and mint salad. I grilled some courgettes and tried the diet doctor aubergine chips.i started making them with ground almonds and ran out so switched to coconut flour. I preferred the coconut flour ones. The coating was much thinner. I didn't have any of the pasta salad but did have some rice.And we had tiramisu for dessert and I did have some, I don't know why I wanted some as I never eat dessert. But I had it and it was lovely. And that was the only meal I had yesterday

did the chips taste like aubergine? not a fan but I know sometimes things taste totally different when you cook them another way.

Meal sounds lovely though

Yep they did, im not keen on aubergine in ratatouille, its texture is too slimy but i do like tempura aubergine. It was more the tempura style and less the slimey style

I made some with courgettes yesterday - used milled flax and chia because that's what I had. They were good. You could do swede, too.

Hmm Swede (or we say Turnip) is an idea for winter all right.
Weight up a bit this morning but that's Sundays Tiramisu catching up with me so no surprises. I have the pool booked for the next 4 days at lunchtime, my swimsuit is due to arrive hopefully today but will manage with the old one for today. I need to drink more water. I can just about manage 1.5L most days but struggle with more. I should be drinking 2.5Land unless I am actually gulping it down don't know how I will manage. But I do drink very weak luke warm peppermint tea too through the day, about 5 mugs of it so that's helping too.

Lunch yesterday and dinner last night where some of Sundays leftover. Lunch was ham, egg mayonaisse, coleslaw, cucumber salad and salad leaves and 4 cracottes. Dinner was some reheated aubergine chips, coleslaw, salad leaves and some rice salad. Again not perfect meals but on the right track. I also had 4 squares of wholenut chocolate and two digestives.
For today's lunch I have some chicken goujons, coleslaw and salad leaves. No idea what's for dinner yet. My breath stinks so that's a good sign really🤭.

Enjoy the day all and keep shrinking😅

Hi all, in bed now and overall a good day. I was feeling a little light headed this morning and felt a bit flushed so just in case I had part of my lunch at 11pm just in case as I wanted to go swimming at lunchtime. I had one chicken goujons, a cracotte and some coleslaw. Swam 20 lengths and 2 walking at 1pm and then at 2.20pm had 3 more goujons and coleslaw. At 5 pm I had 2 digestives but could have got away with one if I thought properly about it. 6:30pm I had 5 fish fingers, green beans and 3 slices of deep fried aubergine. I made a coating with egg, milk and cornflour but very little cornflour so it wasn't a tempura or crispy batter really, more a crispy egg covering but it was nice. I had a square of dark chocolate. I also managed 2.5L of water but I imagine I could be up a few times during the night now.

Last edited:
Morning all, nice little loss overnight but hoping for a good number this week. Have pool booked for the rest of the week. But will still bevin the see through swimsuit.👙😂. At least its only really see through at the back so I won't see people staring at me🤣🤣🤣.

Im looking at an off the shoulder dress for the summer, sort of a bardot style but need a bra to go with it. Ive posted a question here if anyone can take a look and have any suggestions

Dont know if i said it but i did manage the 2.5L of water yesterday.

Off now to work, the regional manager is coming to see us as a lot of issues happening the past 2 weeks. Hopefully things will be OK by the end if the day and i should know exactly where i stand. Or at least when things settle down.

unfortunately the nature of a strapless bra needs to be really tight in order to hold up the girls without straps, so I think they all will dig in and cause rolls. I'd go for one with the widest band you can find but even then I find they sometimes fold over.

I recently purchased the mila multiway bra from simply be which came in a 2 pack, can be used as a halter, normal, strapless etc. It's pretty good but not perfect. Quite a broad band and doesn't cut in overmuch (although I should probably size down one size tbh) most of the band I'm finding stays in place but it still folds up a little at the bottom. So I can't say it's perfect but it's the best one I've so far found.

The other option maybe is to have an all in one strapless body suit, which would give a smoother line but those can be too hot in summer.

I really should try to make my own, I have patterns but have been daunted!

Sorry I can't help you on bras. It has taken me a few months to find the right size and style for a normal bra.

How many calories do you eat as it doesn't seem much food?

@Mary2020 Calories, I have no idea I don't count calories. But I would say plenty as a good bit of fat in there. The lightheadedness I thought was due I'd say to not sleeping and the food was a just in case. I actually felt much better after swimming and think it was more due to having been very inactive and blood just not circulating properly, it happens an odd time.

@ChilliQueen thanks for the recommendation, I had a look at the Mila bra and it seemed to be quite narrow at the back. Some of the others looked good but without recommendations online so am wary. I might try the Mila one, the price is good. But first I think I will make an appointment with M&S and see what they have to offer. It means a day away though. I will wait till I have the dress I am looking at first and take it with me.

My problem now is I am putting things on hold "until I'm a smaller size"🤭. I need new bras, I'm wearing the same loose baggy three with no shape or underwire, they do nothing for me. They are comfortable and are fine under baggy clothing but I wouldn't wear anything in any way fitted over them, not even a t shirt.

Anyway, onto how my day went. Well I'm awake at silly o clock cos I woke up at 3.30am to use the bathroom and can't go back asleep as it's bright out. So have been tossing and turning. I managed 2.25L water yesterday, I just couldn't gulp anymore down before bed. I had 2 cracottes with butter at 11am, I was just nibbly and wanted something with tea. Swam 20 lengths and walked 2 ( the walking is a sort of cool down) at lunchtime. Then after 2 I had 5 fish fingers and green beans with garlic butter. I didn't get to finish the beans though as the phone kept ringing. Dinner was after 7 was a one egg omelette (it's all we had) with cheese and chorizo, deep fried aubergine and the beans I didn't eat at lunch. I had a square of dark chocolate and the one glass of red wine in the garden. I was in bed and asleep by 10:30pm.

I've taken some home made chicken liver pate out of the freezer and plan on that for lunch today with some cracottes. I've have cucumber and coleslaw too. No idea about dinner. I've a committee meeting after work and then have to shop so it will be after 8 before I'm home, very late for me to eat. I'm thinking maybe some nice sausages and mashed avocado, or if I'm lazy ham instead of sausages.

That's all for now, I will be having a sneaky weigh in when it's proper get up time and hoping for a good number, I need a proper loss this week, talk later

Yay hay, a 1.3kg loss this week the swimming has finally shown itself. Off to update everywhere and will be back

Ok im back, now that i have spread the good news in the challenges. Hopefully my little swimming ticker below updates soon enough. I am very visual and to see it over halfway to goal will be very motivating.
Im hoping next week will be the week i can get BMI under 35 and be obese and can hit 10% weight loss. It will be another week or so before i break the 10kg mark.

BUT i am on the way👍

So, just for a laugh i am quoting my first ever post here. It was March 2017 and guess what. I was EXACTLY the weight i am now. So techically after four years i am only starting my weight loss journey today.🤣🤣🤣
Morning all, just joined MiniMins and posted about myself in Introductions.
Anyway, I am 49 and would love to be a respectable weight before I am 50.
I find I hard to follow specific weight plans or clubs so found that the WeMitt forum is the "best fit" for me here at MiniMins. I hope to just eat sensibly and get more exercise. My plan is to walk about 15k a week and swim about 100 lengths.

I have said hello to a few other newbies in introductions and will have a wander around here.
I love the support you can get from online forums but do find I can spend too long trying to keep up with everyone and lose a lot of time to it.
I am 49 with a BMI of 35.3, my first goal is to lose 10.5 kilos which will give me a weight of 70kilos and a BMI of about 30.5....to get to be overweight rather than obese.

So, is there anyone here with a similar age and weight loss target that would like to buddy up with me
The heaviest i have been was this January at 88.7kg and i think my lightest was about 73kg but not sure.
I have 2 magic numbers, 74kg is when it looks obvious i have lost weight, i am a smaller size and can wear a size 12 in jeans (remember i am under 5 feet tall, the biggest i should wear is an 8). Second number is 68kg, thats when my BMI goes below 30 and i am merely fat and not obese

Ok back on track now with my daily catch up. Had pate and crackers at 11am and again at 2.30pm. Had about 3 slices of cucumber and a spoonful of coleslaw. Went swimming at lunch and did just 12 lenghts and spent 5 minutes in the jacuzzi.
Work was a total sh1t3 fest and a member of staff walked out and another ready to go. I am the only one (out of what should be 7) in our department today. I need to start the day with a call to the regional manager as i am the most junior member of staff and have no authority to make decisions. We only managed to defer yesterday's emergencys to today. Thats why i only swam 12 lenghts, I felt the jacuzzi would relax me a bit, but to be honest it didnt.
Anyway, went to my meeting and did some shopping. Got home and dinner was a slice of pumpkin seed bread with butter, a proper breast chicken kiev, a handful of crisps and a glass of red wine. I think given the circumstances i did quite well. I felt so bad about work that i rang my husband at lunchtime about it, something I have never done. But i have found out that there are major changes happening mid August so we have an end date for the madness. That wont help with today's stress but it will help to know there will be an end to it.

Sorry for the rant but it feels good to think it through. Hope you all have a good dsy and Friday weighers get a good number, chat later.

Back