Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Yep, i got the new one. Exact same size style and colour as the previous one. It it works it works. It has boob and bum covered but still sporty for swimming in (as opposed to sunbathing or lounging in a jacuzzi)

I love swimming.

It's so good for you and easy on the joints which is good for me cos I have a dodgy knee and hip.

Good luck for WI tomorrow.

Wow hoo, I'm under 80kg🤸.BMI stuck bang on 35 and a teeny bit away from the 10% loss. I've lost 600g this week. When I saw how the figures looked I was going to make it a 700g loss but I would only be cheating myself. It will be all the sweeter next week when I crash through those barriers.

awesome Tipperary!
Well done :)

I tried the scale a second time to see if i could squeeze another 100g out of it bit no luck😅

Ive had a celebration breakfast of scrambled egg, ham and toast. Strange to think its the toast that is the problem

Good morning tipp. Just catching up on your diary, work sounds like a real strain for you at the moment. Covid has put terrible strain on our health sector at all levels. We are all supporting a few extra grey hairs.
Your doing really well with the swimming. Good for you, onwards and downwards on the journey

Hi all, I haven't had a chance to get back at all. I had Friday off work and went for some accupuncture. It's so long since I've been that I was apprehensive and the needles hurt. I had put on a short dress as was looking in the mirror and realised that my knees are in different places. I asked my husband to look and he confirmed that one knee is much more obviously lower than the other. I said it to the accupuncturist and she said it means my hips are out of alignment and I need to go to a chiropractor. I hadn't got to tell her about my hip at that stage. I was in a lot of pain today with my hip and back, the hip is pulling on my back and making it very sore. So I took some Nurofean and some of my husband's Difean spray. It's taken the sting out of it enough to get up the stairs and come to bed, hopefully it eases overnight as sitting at work today was quite painful.
I wore one of my old summer skirts today and a white top I haven't worn in about 2 years. It wasn't perfect but I wasn't as much as a Humpty Dumpty in it as I have been. I tried on again 3 old dresses that also haven't been on me in over 2 years. All 3 went on and felt ok but didn't look good from the back, too much back fat hanging over the bra line in them and it looked like that fabric was strained. I'm hoping the swimming will help that. I went today at lunchtime and have it booked for the next 3 days. I only managed 20 lengths at lunchtime and it's a bit of a rush to get showered and back to work. But a definite 20 lengths at lunchtime is a lot better than a planned 40 lengths after work which I postpone due to tiredness.
Not sure if I will lose much this week, plan is of course to aim for a loss but my body feels like it wants to slow down a bit. And I drank much less water today,probably only 1.5L as I was up 3 times last night for the loo and was exhausted this morning.
Talk again at some stage tomorrow.

Another small gain overnight to go with yesterday's. It's weekend treats catching up with me and I've had a 3 day weekend. I am reigning it in a bit but need something to look forward too even if it's only a slice of toast.
Today swimming is booked for 1:15 and then for lunch after I have two mini burgers, green beans and courgettes and a slice of cheese. The cheese may go on the burger or it may go on a cracottes about 12pm like yesterday before swimming. Dinner yesterday was baked breaded cod and green beans. I tossed the cooked beans in the pan with butter,garlic powder and pumpkin seeds and it was lovely, the crunch of the cooked pumpkin seeds added a lively taste and texture. No idea of the carb value of them, I suppose I should check.
Chat later.

you definitely need to get properly checked out regarding your knees and hip Tipp! It might not be as scary as it sounds - a few years back I went to an osteopath and I think I need to go back. I constantly sit bit both legs tucked under me to one side on the sofa and it compresses the muscles down one side whilst lengthening the other - the result is that one hip/leg sits a bit higher and leads to pain. I'm wondering if that's also the source of the pain in my foot these days as well as the plantar pain is only on the one foot.

Anyway - the osteopath was able to straighten me out and I felt a lot better for a long time after. So it isn't always really in depth scary treatment that's needed, but you don't want to let it worsen if you can help it.

I think you're right about the 20 lengths that happen much better than the 40 that won't, I think you're showing amazing commitment by getting there at lunchtime and doing amazingly.

Thanks Chilli i agree re the osteopath. I had a very good one but he isnt working through covid. The acupuncturist is giving me the name of a good chiropractor.

Hi all, i had one cracotte at 12pm with a teeny piece of cheese. Went swimming at 1pm and back at my desk for 2. And thwn i just didnt want my lunch. I just didnt feel like rushing it at my desk and wasnt particularly hungry either so decided not to bother and to wait until i was. So just only eating now, a chicken breast and green beans with pumpkin seeds. And even that i am struggling to finish.
Chat later.

Morning all, well the evening was rounded off with 3 thin small seeded crackers with chicken liver parfait on them. I bought some in lidl, something I never do. I have no idea why, I looked at the pack in the shop and my body decided it wanted it, so my head said ok.And I had it with a chilled glass of white wine, perfect.
Plan for today is another swim at lunchtime, I'm managing four a week. And I might take more of the parfait (a light whipped pate) with me for lunch with some crackers and salads. Much easier to eat at a desk if I am nibbly than a heated meal.No idea what to wear to work today, I am feeling quite summery but the weather is saying winter, it's raining again and has been all night.
Scale is saying the weekend excess is gone so let's see how Friday goes, but I really think it's a stay the same if anything this week. But I really want to get below BMI of 35 and break the 10% barrier.
Chat later.

Just looking at my old stats. At the beginning of covid, which I am taking as St Patrick's Day here, I was 78.5kg. That's only 1.5kg away from where I am now. I am meeting some friends from my old job next week and it would be great to be the weight I was when I last worked with them. It's a lot for me to do as it's only 8 days away but a great target to have.

nice little target Tipperary, might be just what you need to help you stick to stuff.

Even if you're nearer it will be a bonus and a step forwards.

Just wanted to say that you're doing well keeping swimming up at lunchtime! I just sit and look at my phone or maybe do some work in my lunch break! Its pretty inspiring of you!

Thanks, i keep sayng its like stolen time. As i still get to eat all be it at my desk. I wouldnt have done it while working from home as its 15 minute drive each way but working in an office in town now thats less than a 5 minute drive so its convenient. And also the prebooking system means i wont back out of it.

Morning all, well. I reckon ive self sabotaged and wont have a loss this week and probably not even a STS. I had toast last night, two slices of blissful warm crunchy toast with butter. I had dinner at about 8pm, late for me as i had a commitee meeting after work
Breaded chicken breast and fried peppers and aubergine. The sat in the garden with husband making plans for things we will never do and places we will never go, more dreaming out loud really. And when we came in i was a bit cold and felt like something to eat and so mindlessly made and ate toast. My stomach is already grumbling and i have the carb munchies back😢. Need to stay strong today.

Back