5+ stones to lose team

Hollie101, don't worry at all about not seeing anything! I started a 20 stone 4 when I was 18, 12 weeks ago. I was so ashamed and embarrassed that I'd let myself get to that at 18 years old! But we're all getting somewhere now eh guys. I can't see a difference in myself yet either, despite losing 2 and a half stone in 12 weeks and now currently at 17 stone 11 pounds. I'm aiming extremely optimistically though and want half a stone off in the next weeks; 3.5 pounds per week which is more than doable for someone my size and age with no medical problems!! :)

I am also a self-confessed chocoholic....once I have the taste....I have to have it all! So I refuse to buy multi packs etc in! You're all doing fantastic keep it up!

LauraO lost 3 pounds this week, next weigh in 04/02/13. I joined with 10 stone 11 pounds to lose, now down to 8 stone 4 pounds and counting! Onwards and downwards :D :D

Hello, mind if I join too?

I lost 2½ stones last year doing Slimming World from home but fell off the wagon in the summer :( I think I've gained nearly a stone of that back with a combination of a knee injury 3 months ago and Xmas etc. I'm determind not to regain the whole lot so here I am again!

I think I'm going to leave my stats as they are until I get back to that weight as an extra incentive. I was weighing in on Fridays before and that seemed to work well so I'll weigh myself tomorrow and start from there.

Good luck everyone, looks like you're all getting off to a great start :)

Hello, mind if I join too?

I lost 2½ stones last year doing Slimming World from home but fell off the wagon in the summer :( I think I've gained nearly a stone of that back with a combination of a knee injury 3 months ago and Xmas etc. I'm determind not to regain the whole lot so here I am again!

I think I'm going to leave my stats as they are until I get back to that weight as an extra incentive. I was weighing in on Fridays before and that seemed to work well so I'll weigh myself tomorrow and start from there.

Good luck everyone, looks like you're all getting off to a great start :)

We're round about the same weight now, do you fancy being buddies?! :D

Yeah! That's what I love about this forum, I don't feel like I'm the only one with loads to lose. Sometimes at SW meetings I still felt like the fat one. Laurao, you've done fantastic to lose so much since November - I hope it'll spur me on to get losing again :)

Hello - I have about 5 stones to loose. Tried every diet in the book and here I am again. I have tried SW about 3 times in the past and never quite got to grips with it. I always said that it didn't work for me...trying again though.
I lost about 1/2 stone just before Xmas with Rosemary and thought at last - here is something that works, but I was always hungry ! I was starting to enjoy feeling hungry and that can't be right surely.
So here I am again - trying to make SW work again...people have told me that it didn;t work because I didn't do it right. I just remember going to class convinced that I had doe everything right and never lost anything.
Perhaps you good kind people can help me !

I'm not joining a class, they bore me rigid to be honest and I could never see the point of saying 'next week I would like to loose 2 pounds' because I never did and it just seemed pointless. I have got 3 months on-line but apart from the syns calculator I'm not sure what I am paying for - probably find it if I keep looking.

I might be on here asking stupid questions as I go along but I really want it to work and I just want to know where I was going wrong.

No questions yet !! :)) just a rambling hello
Kath

Hi all,

So I weighed myself properly this moring and I was right, I have gained 12lbs since I stopped doing SW last May. Could be worse I suppose but I'll feel much better once I lose that again, hopefully by the end of Feb.

Kate, hello! Don't worry about asking questions, that's the whole point of this thing. I couldn't get on with the SW meeting either, far too much time spent happy clapping and there were too many people there for anyone to really share hints and tips. I suppose it depends on the consultant but it's not for me. I found last year I gained much more support and advice from this forum and specifically talking to people with a lot of weight to lose. I think it's much easier to give up when the task seems so long term and daunting.

I'm no expert but I've spent all my life on 'diets' and I don't think there's one answer that suits everyone. I think you have to really analyse the foods you like and the danger foods and try to find a plan which fits best. For me it's definitely SW. Slimming clubs tend to use scientists work out plans which are nutritionally balanced and therefore satisfying. However, they don't take into account the reasons some of us are big in the first place. I don't know why but my body just doesn't register when I've had enough. My husband can eat a meal and stop eating when he's had enough even if there's food left on the plate. If he did SW or WW etc. he would be eating the right foods, have a really healthy diet and maintain a normal weight but that's what happens naturally for him anyway so he's not overweight. Me on the other hand, I eat healthy meals, do all the right things but I finish everything on my plate and then I just keep on picking. It's got nothing to do with being hungry or needing food - I just do it!

I'm sure we're all here because we're having the same experiences struggling to lose weight and hopefully we can share everything we've learned from our serial dieting.

Right, what's everyone having for lunch.... home made veg soup and a tuna salad for me :)

I don't know why but my body just doesn't register when I've had enough. .....Me on the other hand, I eat healthy meals, do all the right things but I finish everything on my plate and then I just keep on picking. It's got nothing to do with being hungry or needing food - I just do it!

Ooh, I can always eat...never know when to stop if I buy cakes or biscuits I just eat the whole packet..I try to leave it in the kitchen and then am just up and down going to get more until they are all gone, Sometimes I dont even enjoy them I just have to eat them till they are all gone..

First silly question - can I warm up some pineapple to have on my gammon ??

Hi Everyone. Really great to see a group on here for those who have more to lose... I have at least 5 stone, and if I ever got to that would go on but in all honesty I can't really see myself at less than 14 stone - I think after dieting years ago for my wedding I got to about 14 1/2 (and that was by starving myself) but in the past 18 years and 2 kids I have put loads on. :mad: So I will really try this time - trouble is I'm a slow loser and think I've pretty much killed my metobolism so I expect it to be slow at first - which is where this forum comes in - I'm too chicken to go alone to a group but when I've tried to do it myself in the past it's really difficult not to have anyone to get support from.

So best of luck to everyone here and let's hope we can get well on the way to our goals this year!

Hi everyone - i've just discovered this forum and would love to join your challenge too if that's okay with you all. I started sw ( again) on 08/01 and I'm really happy with my results so far- and i've been eating loads! My Wi day is Tuesday.
To get to where i should be it's about 9 stone to lose, but I'm aiming for 5 stone by Christmas.
My targets when i started were -14 lb by 20/02/13 ; -28lb by 9/04; 42lb by 18/06 and so on.
i've had 3 weigh ins so far
15/01 -6lb
22/01 -1.5lb
29/01 -5lb
so 12.5 in total so far

If you say i can't join now, i'll cry cos you know all my secrets!!

Hi all,
I would love to join this group. I have about 10 stone to lose in total. I will be doing sw from home because I am a single mother to 3 children (ages ranging from 4 to 6 months) and working so just don't have the time for a group... I am going to make Mondays my weigh day so will update with figures etc then. For now I am getting a menu plan together so things can go smooth in the week... I am on the road most of the time for work so any suggestions on what to take for lunch would be awesome :)

Hi all,
... I am on the road most of the time for work so any suggestions on what to take for lunch would be awesome :)
I guess, esp this time of year, you want to eat something warm at lunchtime - why do warm meals seem to fill you up more? -Can you stop and warm things up or do you need to stop in the vehicle and eat? If not I was thinking perhap a flask of chunky soup or stew? x

I can't really stop and get something warmed up so soup and stews in a flask seems a great idea. Would it stay warm for a while in a flask???

There's some really good SW recipes at slimming eats dot com (not sure if I can put links on here). I'm a driving instructor so sometimes have to eat in the car. Quiche is quite good, not hot but a bit more substantial than a fruit and easy to eat if you cut it up into little squares.

Hi folks, stumbled across your thread here and was wondering if I could join you? I've got about 5 stones to lose (have managed to lose 1st 0.5lbs in the 3 weeks since I started) seems like such a long way off to reach target but determined to keep at it. I've got to target with SW before (about 9 years ago) but have put all the weight back on and then some, having kids etc all adds to that. My weigh day is a Friday so I'll up date then.
Keep up the good work everyone xx

Welcome. Hope all goes well for you. Xx

Only half off this week, bit disappointed because it should be much much more for someone my weight! We've put into a 5 pound pledge at our SW group, so there's about 5 of us aiming to go for 5 pounds off next week! Definitely joining the gym and having 100% on plan week!! x

Back