Alessandra's diary

Glad you feel better... we're exhausted helping you!! :8855:

Day 25 pp 61.9kg (same as 10 days ago)

Galette for breakfast. Was still starving after it but didnt know what else to eat

Lunch: made a meatloaf with 1.2kgs of extra lean mince, 3 tblsp quark and 2 eggs
Had half with 150grs quark plus a small salmon fillet.

Dinner- another 400grs of meatloaf and feel really sick of it now!

I cycled a bit today but I really struggled. I felt my thigh muscles and knees exhausted and sore from the ride yesterday. Because I haven't exercised seriously in a long time I think I have to take it a bit slower.

I had 4 cups of coffee, 5 glasses of water and 1 cup of green tea.

So I had 3 eggs today. Is that ok?

Galette for breakfast. Was still starving after it but didnt know what else to eat
?

If you are hungry eat protein - chicken, beef, prawns, cottage cheese, fish....

Yes I know but we were late! I was fine thought, 10 min later I wasn't hungry anymore!

Alessandra - your menu looks good.

The only thing I'd say though is to get some variety, because I know I'd be sick to death of meatloaf if that was all I ate in a day! What I do is cook up a few different things at once so I have a selection of cold stuff in the fridge ready to hand.

So, for instance, I'll cook up a meatloaf (I do mostly the same recipe as you but put in some garlic, spices and a little onion as well), some chicken breasts that I've dry fried with different spices (e.g. some fajita, some tandoori etc) and always have smoked salmon slices on hand.

In fact, a couple of smoked salmon slices on top of an oatbran galette for breakfast is yummy and very filling! I put a tiny dollop of FF fromage frais on top that sometimes I put a little dill in and sometimes I put a tiny spot of wasabi paste in.

The only thing I'd say though is to get some variety, because I know I'd be sick to death of meatloaf if that was all I ate in a day!
You are totaly right, i was sick of it by the end of the day.
I feel I have a lot to learn still. Learn fancy recipes, quick one, learn how to plan better etc. Plus I was exhausted when I got home yesterday so i didnt even reheated the meatloaf! I was SO glad I had something ready in the fridge!

S
o, for instance, I'll cook up a meatloaf (I do mostly the same recipe as you but put in some garlic, spices and a little onion as well)
What spices do you use? I would have included onions but I didnt have any in the house

I
n fact, a couple of smoked salmon slices on top of an oatbran galette for breakfast is yummy and very filling! I put a tiny dollop of FF fromage frais on top that sometimes I put a little dill in and sometimes I put a tiny spot of wasabi paste in.
[/QUOTE]

I love wasabi! Will try that tomorrow!

:)I lost another pound this morning! I am so happy!!:)

:)I lost another pound this morning! I am so happy!!:)

Well done! Is this your official weigh-in day, or a daily weight?

Re the meatloaf. The last one I did I put in some thyme, a little rosemary and a little paprika. One of the things I've done before now which worked nicely, was mixing in some red Thai curry paste and some chopped fresh coriander - that made a nice, spicy one for a change.

this is my daily weigh in, the official one is on sat.

Great ideas... must try next time. Do you use everything fresh or powder?

I am now cooking Rhubarb for the first time ever. We dont have that where I come from.

<nosey one popping up here> Where are you from Alessandra?

Brazil

Day 26. 61.5kgs!!! Pv

I was só happy when i saw that number, couldnt believe it! It made me think of all you wonderful people! If it wasn't for you I would still believe no diet works for me!

Bkfast - galette. I wish I could have 2 or 3 as I'm always hungry in the morning
Snack - biltong LOVED it! Would swap a bag of crisps for that anytime!
Lunch- I made chicken soup with celery, onion, tomato, garlic, a whole chicken and livers. Funny I didnt chop the vegs and didn't feel like eating them so i fished them out. so it's kind of like a had another pp day. I wonder if thats ok.
Left over meatloaf (about 200grs)
Rhubarb (for the fist time) and about 150 grs of Greek yog
Dinner- chicken (from the soup) and livers
About 100grs yogurt with sf jelly (tiny bit, not even a tea spoon). Is sf jelly a tolerated item?

3 cups of coffee
6 glasses of water.

I went to the supermarket specially for the biltong and bought cherry tomatoes, asparagus and salad. I was really looking forward to that but then didn't feel like having that when I got home. My body craved the soup and that's what I had. Is that ok?

Wow, your mood really changed:)
I would say it is Ok to fish out the vegetables from the soup, but try having a salad with your protein on PV days.. I always look forward to PV and can't imagine swapping it to a PP voluntarily:D
For some reason i can't get enough bell peppers lately, maybe I need vitamin C.. I have them on the side of everything on PV days and in the salad.
SF jelly is not tolerated, it is OK.
You are doing good Alessandra, well done!:)

Lovely to read such a POSITIVE HAPPY post from you Alessandra (and your English is AMAZING!). Sugar free jelly is absolutely fine (3 maxi per day). Ref the veg, your body needs them, so try to have them when they're due (particularly as I've read elsewhere that you're errr waiting on the transit front... they will help!).

If you're hungry in the mornings, why stop at just the galette? Have you tried serving it with smoked salmon and a spoonful of quark, for instance? Or scrambled egg? I personally find muffins more filling.

I was wondering if English was your first language, maybe that's why you sound more excited or nervous about this whole thing:)
It is my second language too, I come out a bit more aggressive than I want to sometimes.. :eek:

Great ideas... must try next time. Do you use everything fresh or powder?

The Thai red curry is a paste of spices. I always use fresh coriander because the dried doesn't have much of a taste. Same goes for chilis.

I am now cooking Rhubarb for the first time ever. We dont have that where I come from.

Rhubarb is lovely - also very easy to grow if you have a garden.

Thank you SO much everyone! I am over the moon! At last a diet that works!
I am still a bit suspicious... I feel the scales are going up any minute but I am trying to avoid that thought.
This diary has been great because I am 100% sure I am doing everything right. I am a Virgo and perfectionism comes with the job!

Thanks for the compliments on my English! I also try hard in this area not to make mistakes!

Where are you from Elida?

Have a great day girls!

Bom dia, Alessandra!

So pleased it's all working for you!

I come out a bit more aggressive than I want to sometimes

I could have written that myself ;) (nothing to do with the fact that I speak French most of the day!)

Bom dia, Atropos!
Bon jour, mantainer!

Back