Anja's Up & Down Diary

On a different subject they had the post mortem on Friday & my uncle died of septicaemia, he apparently cut his hand on Wednesday morning & they were installing a generator near some toilets in a workshop so they are checking blood cultures to find the exact cause of it. They haven't released his body yet. I expect my mum will come home with my dad next Sunday as he was already booked for then anyway... hopefully my aunt won't make them come home sooner.

Well, 11,11 again this morning - probably just a combination of not a low enough DD with being about to start TOTM. Oh well! I'm still happy, hopefully it will stay the same tomorrow too!

Didn't know you had this thread. Sorry to hear the sad news about your uncle. And what a shock for the family with such tragic circumstances.

You are doing very well with the up and downs. Is Ailsa back yet? I hope you have a great time when you see her.
Irene xx

Hi Irene,

It turns out that the septicaemia was caused by a virulent virus in some cow manure on the vehicle he was working on, (it belongs to the local hunt) & the Coroner will probably have an inquest & has quarantined off his workshop for further testing as it is so virulent that it could have killed anyone who touched it & they need to get rid of it. He was particularly unlucky as he had no spleen & little immune system but apparently it would kill somebody perfectly healthy as well.

Yes, Ailsa is back. I spoke to her yesterday. All fine. I'm just praying that the funeral won't interfere with me seeing her as I've been looking forward to it for weeks. Funeral should be either next week or the week after. Mum and Dad are coming home together on Sunday & feel better for having the decision made & having a week to sort out all the things that need doing before they come back. Mum will stay here until after the funeral & then fly back out. They've been on tenterhooks for a few days thinking they would have to drop everything & rush home so some time is a relief.

Overdid it slightly today, 2,162 cals. 7.3 fruit & veg.

B: Special K, banana, milk
L: tuna corn jacket potato, strawberries, melon, lemon yum yum
D: beans on toast, ice cream

I would NEVER have had the yum yum if I'd realised beforehand that it was 456 cals on its own!

Will aim for a very down day tomorrow to make up for it. 1 hr aqua aerobics tonight & 11,201 steps so pretty good exercise-wise.

Love xxx

Well this week's weigh-in is good. 11,11 this morning, 4lbs down for the week. I'm finding using WLR to plan every day is REALLY helping!

Measurements: B: 39 -0.5, W: 30 -0.5, H: 40.5 S, Bum: 43.5 S, LT: 24.25 -0.25, RC: 15.5 S, LA: 9.25 S, RUA: 13.25 S, LW: 6.25 S, N: 12.5 -0.25. Down a further 1.5 inches. The 1st 2 weeks of doing this I lost 1lb & then gained it back but my measurements stayed lower so inches lost in total on this diet is: 2.75, 0.75 from bust, 0.75 from waist, 0.5 from thigh, 0.5 from hips & 0.25 from neck!

Thats fantastic Anja, you must be very pleased with yourself! Quite right too!

Love

fantastic Anja, just goes to show we shouldn't put all the onus on weight cos inches tell a tale too.
have a good day
xx:)

Thank you!

Goal for this week 3lbs. UDs Wed, Fri, Sun, Mon, DDs Tue, Thur, Sat.

Did Saturday & Sunday the other way round last week but my parents come home on Sunday so would make more sense to do the other way round this week.

Good luck to us all for this week!

thats the beauty of the flexibility of this plan !
You can see your parents, at what is going to be a emotional time for all concerned & know that you can share a meal with them & then not beat yourself up afterwards.
have a good week hun

Thanks!
Yes, definitely easier to do DDs without anyone else in the house, but when they get home it could be slightly more of an issue. They're flying in to Heathrow so I 'll either pick them up or make the lunch depending on what they want. Our dog will be soooooooo happy to see them.

My mum has calmed down quite a lot and has realised that she is relieved her brother died of the septicaemia in a strange way. One of her friends from Church had meningococchal (sp?) septicaemia in November & has lost his hands, feet & nose and she knows her brother could never have coped like that.

Death is allways hard on those left behind, but i'm glad your mum is looking at the bigger picture & seeing how life may have been for her brother if he had survived the septacaemia, this will help her in her grieving process. Knowing that he would not have coped with life like that will enable you all to see that however tragic theses circumstances, for your Uncle it was probably the better outcome (if you understand what i'm saying?)
love to all

Yes definitely. We didn't want this to happen obviously but things are for the best now that it has. My mum made the same comparison about her Church friend to his widow & she said the same, that that would have been worse. My uncle was an engineer/mechanic & kept horses and would never have managed like that.

DD: 620 cals 7.4 fruit & veg

B: none
L: melon
D: salad with cheese & salad cream
1 x french fancy
S: strawberries, cherries & vanilla Carte d'Or ice cream

Thanks Irene,

Yes definitely.

Down a lb this morning to 11,10, will soon see the lower half of the 11s for the first time in months. I was 11,8 on 4th December according to WLR but haven't been near it since. I kept going from 12,1 to 11,11 to 12,5 to 11,11 to 12,2 etc. To get past 11,11 this time is good as that seems to be where I stick & then an excuse comes up, like Christmas, Easter, a holiday, birthdays etc.

To get past 11,11 this time is good as that seems to be where I stick & then an excuse comes up, like Christmas, Easter, a holiday, birthdays etc.

no excuses this time, if an occasion comes up incorporate itinto an UD, simple !:D

Brilliant Anja - you have really got this sorted now, so pleased for you.

love

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to try & lose a stone this month or as close as I can get to it now that I've modified my calories.

1st week of modified: 4lbs
target for 2nd week: 3lbs - we'll see...

My hol is 14th July so I have 4.5 more weeks to make a difference. If I can lose 3lb per week for the next 4 weeks & 1lb in the last 4 days before I go I'm aiming to be 10,12 and 17lbs down on my start weight.

I wonder if it can be done? I'm setting myself a little JUDDD challenge - my JUDDD bikini challenge!:):eek: Need to shift my love handles!

I reckon you can do that Anja, you seem to have the plan sorted and by being really orgainsed Up and down days, you should get there. Just be careful that you don't get sidetracked if it doesn't work perfectly and don't be tempted to cut back too much on UD's as that definately doesn't work!

Good luck, nice to see a Juddd challenge!

Back