Anja's Up & Down Diary

Good UD today: Slightly higher than expected as I ate a couple of times today on a whim; 1778 cals, 6.5 fruit & veg.

B: toast, butter & jam
L: cheese salad with salad cream, 2 apricots, strawberries, grapes, activia yoghurt
Snacks: french fancy, choc digestive
D: cheese, tomato & basil ravioli, ice cream.

Over 15,000 steps though; spent quite a lot of time this evening clearing up for Mum & Dad coming home. I think several thousand went on changing their bed; trying to change a double bed with a king size duvet on your own isn't at all easy! Also hoovering whole house, sweeping, sorting out post piles & straightening lounge. Some washing & dishwasher done so nearly there. Still got to wash the sheets though, 3 loads just to change the bed!:sigh:

Having a happy DD today. Aiming to go to aqua tonight if it's the right instructor, have complained about the other one as her classes are incredibly boring - just 4 different exercises, however I think she's off sick again.

11,10 again this morning. Am loving this so far. Every UD & DD so far I have gone down or stayed the same. I haven't gained any weight whatsoever on either day in the last 10 mornings weigh-ins. How cool is that?

I think I must have finally found my balance. Should hopefully be 11,9 tomorrow & into single lb figures.

That is fantastic Anja, I do think you have the balance absolutely spot on. It is so nice to hear the enthusiasm in your posts, it really inspires me to keep juddding.

Love

Great results Anja, interesting that you've gone down after UDs too, so diid I the first few days, now stayed the same three mornings running. Not worrying though, I feel so good that things must be working properly.

Thur DD: 700 cals, 8.5 fruit & veg.

B: melon + grapes
L: salad with cheese & salad cream, strawberries & cherries
pre-aqua sugar: 2 choc digestives
post-aqua dinner: Quorn cottage pie.

For tomorrow's up day I really fancy Chinese but we'll see how it goes tomorrow... have fancied it all week but I keep postponing it.

My uncle's cremation is Friday next week unfortunately (that's the day I was going to go & see AKB so will have to go from Kent to Wiltshire in my own car & then back to her later than expected!)

Clairejen - I went down after my first UD but every UD since then I've stayed the same.

Am hoping for a good loss tomorrow as TOTM is coming to an end, relatively small cals today & an hour exercise. Can really feel the back of my thighs tonight... that aqua really works the muscles.

11,9 this morning. Woohoo! The next lb will put me back in December territory. A bit sad that it takes me 6 months to get back to that weight but there you go! Was 12,5 after Easter so feeling pretty good at the moment again. 11,5 was what I was in October when I got back from hol, 11,4 was what I was at the June WeMITT meet & 10,10 was the lowest I got down to (September) and all these targets are getting so much closer. If my challenge goes to plan I'll match all of them bar the last one in the next few weeks.
Aiming to be 10,12 for my hol if it is physically possible & of course I shouldn't put any weight on this hol as I can do JUDDD while I'm away with lots of fruit & salad & swimming every day! It'll make a nice change not to come back from hol between 4lbs & half a stone up!

Well done Anja, it is really exciting to see you whittling those lbs away. You really are meeting each target as you set it - fantastic!

Have a good day and enjoy that chinese, you don't want to risk diet fatique, do you!!!!!!

Love

Great loss Anja, I know having to lose the same weight is annoying, but you've done it, and in a sustainable way.
Where are you going on holiday?

Hi Barb,

Strange thing - I only fancy the Chinese on DDs, on UDs I fancy healthier stuff so I'm not having it today, I'm having a small shop-bought Pizza Express margherita with extra pineapple & mushrooms for dinner instead, about 500 cals on it's own but still better than Chinese! I've got to go to Waitrose tonight so will look & see if they have the mini cornettos that Karion said about for afters...

1lb off this week's target at the mo, 2lbs down for the week. Todays cals should be around 1750 assuming I get the cornettos... planned as 1650 so far...

Costa Blanca, Spain. We have an apartment & a bungalow there... greedy I know. The bungalow has a communal pool & I can't wait. The last four hols have been Feb, March, Oct & March so haven't been able to swim there due to the weather in the last 2 years.

Yep, definitely annoying re-losing the same lbs. Some of these lbs in the 12s & 11s have been lost 20 odd times now... I've been going 12 stone something, 11 stone something, 12 stone something etc. for 6 months now & for a fair bit after September last year too...

Oh dear - I'm a little binge monster. So much for my 1650 cals. Am now refusing to go near the kitchen or else.

UD: 2,235 cals, 8.1 fruit & veg.

B: peach & apricot Special K + banana + milk
L: cheese & salad roll with butter & mayo, melon
Snack: fruit compote (ie baby food!)
D: pizza with extra mushrooms & pineapple
Junk: 2 cakes from Waitrose!

Admittedly only 200 cals over acceptable daily cals but still... It has to stop. Am off to WLR to plan my food for tomorrow with tonnes of low cal food so that I can graze all day & not go over my limit! There's something inbuilt in my brain that says "Woohoo - weekend - eat!".

On the other hand tonnes of steps done today so maybe it's not so bad.

Thank you but unfortunately was 11,10 again this morning due to yesterday's over indulgence. We'll see what a good down day can do...

That's the confusing thing with JUDDD, you are never really certain what your weight is, probably a good thing because I for one put too much emphasis on weight and not enough on fat, which is what I really want to shift. Overall you are heading downwards, one bad UD isn't going to count for much.

Your holiday sounds lovely, why do you have an appartment and a bungalow, do you take groups of friends/family?

A pound up sounds very respectable, the pounds down are outweighing the ups. Which is fab.

I'm really trying to use JUDDD to control my eating more than to control my weight. I'm thinking of having a week or two with no weighing :eek: because when it's not going well the rise of the scales panics me and then when I think about it I realise how unimportant it is. Bearing in mind I only want to lose a bit which has regained and am JUDDDing to help me gain control primarily.

I have always loved to weigh regularly this is the first time I have seriously thought of quitting it.

I'm admiring how you have learned to make the best of this diet method Anja and am pleased you are now getting decent results.

Dizzy x

Thanks Dizzy,

I really need to concentrate on losing weight big time. I'm only 5'2" so my ideal weight is between 7,10 & 9,10. I've set my target to 10 to start with but would love to be 9 stone ideally eventually. However I definitely love weighing every day just so I know what I need to do today. I'm sure I'll wake up 2 lbs down in the morning & be really happy.

Clairejen - my parents bought the apartment in 87 but it's not soundproofed very well as older buildings weren't there. My mum got sick of all the noise & we (the 3 of us) bought the bungalow. However my dad was in the process of rewiring the whole apartment & this hasn't been finished. Not saleable but I think my dad still cherishes hopes of soundproofing it & moving back in. It's 7th floor with a 180 degree view to die for; mountains, town, castle, harbour & sea. On a clear day you can see 70 miles up the coast. I like the fact the bungalow has a garden & a pool. We occasionally bring friends out with us but never on their own, did it twice & they both broke things, one - every glass door in the house; the wind changes direction mid-afternoon which we told them & they went out leaving a window open, everything slammed.

Have been shopping in Maidstone this morning & just hurriedly mowed the lawn between spitting rain showers. Now need to shower to get rid of grass stains - BUT just jumped on scales again twice & was 11,9 both times... That'll teach me to get up early & weigh earlier than usual. Should definitely be 11,8 tomorrow.

Haven't eaten yet today, will aim for fruit for lunch, salad for dinner & have a VERY low DD today.

Hooray, well done Anja.

Now I understand about the properties, the views sound gorgeous but I think, like you, I would prefer a garden. How appalling to have your friends cause so much damage, infuriating for you when you'd warned them and hugely embarrassing for them.

Hi

Actually the 2nd lot didn't & still don't know that they caused damage. We were too embarrassed to tell them, they just didn't get invited again. They left us a present on our gorgeous mahogany dining table wrapped in orange crepe paper. The next time we went out the humidity had done its worst. My mum spent 2 weeks scrubbing it & then spraying/rubbing in to put layer upon layer of polish back on.

Mum adores the garden & I love the communal pool. One of our neighbours takes aqua aerobics classes in it 3 times a week, which I'll be going to in July. We finally got the garden built & planted in March this year after 3 years of just weeding without having time to sort out building terracing/patio etc. We now have a tiled platform, path with railings, gazebo, lots of fruit trees; Paraguaya, kumquat/pear cross, apricot, almond & pomegranate. Our apricot has fruit on it which mum is bringing home for me. Homegrown apricots - I'm really looking forward to them.

Have been very good today. Managed not to eat a single thing until 7pm.

DD: 387 cals, 5.6 fruit & veg
D: salad with cheese & salad cream, grapes & cherries
Supper: strawberries & vanilla Carte d'Or.

Have been staying out of the kitchen as I made a lasagne for tomorrow lunch & it smells fab. Will be off to Heathrow airport to collect them at 8.45 tomorrow, their flight lands at 10.45 so reasonably early night soon. Have washed kitchen floor, made lasagne & mowed lawn today so everything should be ok for when they get back.

Back