Anja's Up & Down Diary

well done on resisting the lasagne Anja, you're obviously managing to control your DD quite well.
hope tommorrow isn't too traumatic for you & your parents, although i imagine they will be quite pleased to be home
xx:)

Dad just rang as they're about to go to the airport so I'm awake.

Cheryl - I think today will be fine, they'll be relieved to be home & it's hard to be so upset when you're greeted by four happy animals (our dog & 3 cats!) Friday will probably be the worst with the funeral. It's a humanist service at the crematorium.

Irene - my Mum & Dad do the same every year. Her MS is better abroad with fresh air & food and swimming so they drive out together, my Dad stays 2 weeks, my Mum usually stays 3 months & for the final 2 weeks my Dad comes out again & they drive home. My Dad was due to fly home on this flight today anyway. My Mum elected to join him as when she booked she didn't know when the funeral was & she didn't want to risk not being able to get back in time. Also the house is an hour from the airport there & it's easier for them to share transport to & from together as they're leaving her car there briefly. Her trav insurance is paying for the flights, so as far as we know she's flying back out on 25th when a friend of hers from Spanish Church is also flying Gatwick -Valencia who has a car stored at Valencia airport so they can do the drive together rather than faffing about with taxis or arranging a lift.

Woohoo!

11,8 today. That's half a stone off in nearly 2 weeks! Just got to stay that for the next 2 UDs until Tuesday morning's weigh in. At least I have home-made lasagne for lunch at 372 cals per serving. Lots of veg.

Wow, great losses Anja. I'm drooling at the thought of your apricots, and the lasagne. Although today is an UD I am trying to be more restrained, ate far too much yesterday. But I made my Dad dark chocolate dipped fruit for a Fathers Day gift and it keeps calling me to sample it.
It will be nice for you to have your parents home, hope their journey went well.

Welll done Anja, I know you really wanted to see that 11.8, so I am very glad you have.

I've had a very naughty (but nice) couple of days so am being good on my DD today - really want to see those scales drop tomorrow!

Clairejen, if you want a little bit of choc dipped fruit on an UD do it - otherwise it might as well be a DD!

Love

Hi everyone,

Well the flight landed early but M25 was congested and so my steps today are non-existent as I spent 5 hours in the car. There was queueing traffic so we left the M25 for an hour, (luckily my Dad knows the backroads well), and rejoined it 5 junctions later then straight on to Maidstone to pick up Dad's car from work & home for a slightly belated lunch. Good homecoming with lots of furry cuddles, (however 2 of them are dim enough to have gone out after dinner so we'll have some very soggy moggies later!)

You won't believe this but I went to McDonalds this morning & I had a fruit bag & an orange juice. I needed somewhere to hang out while they landed & got through customs & I couldn't face a £5.40 - £7.80 parking charge... Even I can't face chips at 10 a.m.

Lasagne was lovely with a glass of sherry & 2 home-grown apricots this afternoon. Also introduced my Mum to the delights of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

UD: 1,523 cals, 7.3 fruit & veg.

B: 2 x toast with butter & jam, fruit bag & orange juice.
L: veg lasagne, sherry, ice cream & an apricot
Supper: packet of hula hoops & an apricot.

Fancied something savoury this evening but not enough for a meal so will be having lasagne again for dinner tomorrow. Monday is always an UD as it's my aqua day. That'll still leave me half of it to freeze.

Sounds like a very controlled day Anja; do you think you are making better decisions on UD's now that you have got in the swing of it or are you really consiously being careful? I only ask because I feel i am moving away from the naughtier foods almost automatically.

I'm still really consciously being careful. I could have eaten several times today but didn't as I want to meet my targets for the next few weeks desperately. If I'd decided to have lasagne again for dinner I'd have eaten it all. I considered having half a piece but I knew I'd go back for the other half. By promising myself that I can have it for dinner tomorrow instead I cut myself off at the pass and managed to leave my cals at a reasonable amount without feeling "poor little me"!

If this were the 1st 2 weeks of JUDDD & I was on an UD I would probably have eaten in McDonalds because it was there, had choc from the garage when I bought my paper, have some more chocolate & a cake this evening "because it's there" & that's plus another piece of lasagne. I hadn't realised how much I binge until I started this with the calorie counting properly.

Besides which I can overeat big time without touching the naughty foods so I have to be REALLY controlled. As you've seen from my diary I think nothing of having 10 portions of fruit & veg in a day & it's all still sugar. If you have no use for the cals then it goes for fat the same as a bag of sweets would! My doc actually told me off once for eating too much fruit! I was doing a bag of grapes a day at school.

Wow, see what you mean! You really do seem to have a good method on the go now and I know you are desperately keen to get as much off now before your hoilday.

Well done though, you are really listening to yourself and I think deciding when and if you have things is something an arch nibbler like myself needs to get a grip on; that is the aspect of Juddd that helps me, normally after a day like yesterday I would have sat around a lot having tea and biscuits and I haven't.

We are learning, aren't we?

Love

We definitely are learning.

I did look at the lasagne, smell it & ask myself if I was REALLY hungry. If I had decided that I was & that that was what I wanted then I would have had it & it wouldn't have put my cals up too much, but I listened to myself & knew it was the smell & sight that I wanted. I knew it was nice, but really I didn't have room so I put the foil back on & put it back in the oven for tomorrow.

Control? definitely.

I'm not a biscuit nibbler, cake is my downfall, although I tend to keep a box of french fancies as treats as the Asda ones are only 89 cals each. Despite bingeing per se I tend to only have them one at a time. When I was younger I could eat a whole box in one sitting without really thinking about it. I don't do that now.

Still 11,8 this morning. I'm loving this "diet".

Barb I saw on your thread that you thought this diet was not for people who want to shift weight quickly. I think it varies on how you do it. I proved the first 2 weeks that it's perfect to maintain weight. We've all proved that it's perfect to lose weight. And if I can meet my weekly challenge targets I'll have lost 13lbs in 4 weeks. That IS a lot. I'll never SS again if I can lose that sort of weight & still eat lasagne with cheese, fruit, ice cream, breakfast, cake etc. We'll see how it goes.

You are right Anja, I really meant folk that are used to the heady losses that you get with CD/LL like 8 or more lbs per week!

You certainly are proving a fantastic success Juddding and I hope to do a better job myself this week!

Love

I think when there's lots of lbs to lose it comes off reasonably fast, but the general promise is a stone a month. It's often 7 - 10 lbs the first week and then 2 -3 every week after that. The problem with that is the big weight loss is mainly water & glycogen. I was getting through a week of SS & then failing so the glycogen & water would go back on without me even losing 1lb of fat. I'd just go up & down 7lbs or so...

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly this week. You've lost 8lbs this month. I only lost 4lbs the month before JUDDDing trying to SS and failing continuously.

Aqua later tonight. I've been going since November & really enjoy it.

Reasonable UD today: 1,791 cals, 7.6 fruit & veg. 1hr aqua tonight; half hour deep water work & I'm knackered!

B: peach & apricot Special K, banana & milk
L: cream of mushroom soup, roll & butter, grapes & cherries.
D: veg lasagne, apricot/peach fruit corner yoghurt
S: strawberries + ice cream

Weigh in & measure tomorrow morning again. Week 2 of my modified version over tomorrow.

Thank you!

3lbs off this week, hit target & half a stone off in 2 weeks. Woohoo!

11,8. Have also lost another inch, putting my inches up to 3.75 lost so far. Didn't lose any off my boobs, waist or hips but happily a whole 1/2 inch off my bum! 0.25 off my calf & 0.25 off my bingo wing.

3lbs target again this week so aiming for 11,5.

Well done that woman!!!! You must be seriously chuffed Anja, you really inspire me to get a grip on the UD's to make sure I see a better loss this week.

Good luck with getting to 11 5 this time next week!

Love

well done on your losses so far. I am mooching about the boards because i keep failing miserably trying to SS and end up putting weight on. Might give this a go. I feel i could probably do down days tuesday - friday as long as i could have my 3 up days on a weekend and in to Monday as i am always hungrier after the weekend!! Do you think this could work!!!!

I am getting fed up trying to SS and binging! I go to a weight watchers meeting on a saturday morning but this is mainly to get weighed accurately every week and i am 7 pounds down in 3 weeks, but i need to get a grip and loose more weight and faster!!!! my hubby is home in 7 weeks and i want him to notice that i look better.

Back