Anja's Up & Down Diary

Thank you hon!

Just gone back over the last 2 weeks to have a look, this 2nd week was actually healthier than the 1st week.

1st week: Tu DD 760c 8.2 f & v, We UD 1,600c 5, Th DD 656c 10, Fr UD 2,101c 2.8, Sa UD 1,622c 7.7, Su DD 973c 8.5, Mo UD 2,162c 7.3. 2 hrs aqua. Cals for week 9,874. Av. cals per day 1,410. Fruit & veg for week 49.5, av. p/day 7.07.

2nd week: Tu DD 620c 7.4, We UD 1,778c 6.5, Th DD 700c 8.5, Fr UD 2,235c 8.1, Sa DD 387c 5.6, Su UD 1,523c 7.3, Mo UD 1,791c 7.6. 2 hrs aqua. Cals for week 9,034. Av. cals p/day 1,291. Fruit & veg for week 51, av. p/day 7.29.

Was aiming for 500 cals on DD & 1,500 cals on UD but only beat target once in the whole 2 weeks. Well out quite a lot on the 1st week but finding WLR calorie counting completely indispensable.

No I don't think that would work. The whole point of this diet is that you keep your metabolism on its toes by doing 1 up, 1 down so it never knows how many cals its going to get. If you stayed constant at 500 cals throughout the week it gets used to that & stays low then when you eat more after a while of being low it'll just store lots of fat instead.

If you did M, W, F as down days & Tu, Thur, Sa & Su as UDs it would be okay wouldn't it? You have to keep an eye on your UD cals a bit though as I tended to binge the 1st 2 weeks that I tried this before I modified how I was doing it & lost 1lb the 1st week & gained 1lb the 2nd week.

You probably won't lose faster unless you do the modified version & really keep track of the cals. Besides which 7lbs in 3 weeks is great.

I do Mon, Wed, Fri and sat UD and Tue, Thur and Sun as DD. I don't think I get the speedy loss I could get if I alternated days all the time but I do find it completely do-able and it fits in with my life. That is why 4 weeks in I am still doing it!

Doing two DD's togetehr is a definate no-no thoguh as Anja says, so don't be tempted to try it!

thanks for replying to my thread below.

I am unsure as to what to do. I am going to give this a go!!

I want Friday to be a DD as i said earlier as i get weighed on WW scales on a Saturday morning. Up to now today i haven't eaten anything. Should I start today on an UD or would i do much harm having DD today and again tomorrow???

Sorry to be a pain but feel quite excited about this and want to do it properly. Think you said befor not to do two DD together.

My plan would be

DD - Mon - Wed - Fri
UD - Tue - Thur - Sat

and Sunday be quite sensible hopefully just have a sunday dinner with loads of veg and maybe a little cakey!!!!! KWIM!

Thanks again for replying it's just that i am fed up trying to SS and can see this working for me...

Hi

I would do today as an UD & continue DD Wed as you've planned. Why not have Sunday as an intermediate day but if you really want to lose lots no blow outs on UDs. Try & keep your UD cals strictly under 2,000 cals. At a rate of 3lbs per week you could lose 21 lbs before he comes back. Do you think he'd like that?;)

You do have to make the UD cals between 1,500 & 2,000 otherwise the metabolism doesn't keep shifting the way it does on this diet & you won't get the loss. I started doing DD with Slimfast but then preferred having melon for breakfast, salad with fruit for lunch & either salad for dinner or quorn cottage pie 300g (177 cals) followed by skinny cow ice cream on DDs as having 3 meals really doesn't make it feel like a diet!

Having trouble this evening, luckily I was busy otherwise I might have had a big problem. I was really hungry with growling tummy & everywhere I looked takeaways with yummy smells were coming through the blower on my car & jumping out at me.

Have really struggled tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow.

DD: 775 cals, slightly higher than expected, 10.3 fruit & veg.

B: melon
L: cheese salad with salad cream, cherries, 3 home-grown apricots & peach activia yoghurt,
D: quorn cottage pie, strawberries, raspberries, ice cream. (Couldn't get the low cal Carte d'Or - will have a hunt tomorrow. Our Asda doesn't stock it.)

Had to go shopping this evening as I'd run out of my Perfectly Clear red apple which I adore. Got an Asda veg pizza for tomorrow's UD but nothing naughty for today at all. Resisting is a tiny bit easier when it's only for one day, although the fish, chips & vinegar smell I passed going to the chemist for mum was VERY hard to ignore.:(:cry:

However over 10,000 steps today so happy with that.

Ooh - just noticed I've slid from obese to overweight again with today's weigh in. This would be slightly more exciting, however, if I hadn't done it three times now. Just got to get to healthy instead of going back to obese this time. Haven't been under 10 stone in more than 10 years. I hit 10,7 during my A-levels...

Well after yesterday's down day I am a lb UP! 11,9 this morning but I'm putting it down to running out of my flavoured water, not drinking enough for 3 days & being completely unable to go to the loo despite the fruit & veg that I'm eating. I had more than 800g of fruit yesterday, I'd have thought I couldn't possibly have this problem!

Will therefore see a loss when I've sorted both these problems! Hopefully soon as my stomach really hurts!:eek::( Have got 4 litres of water to take to work today so that should help!

Poor Anja, hope your tum sorts itself out today - sounds uncomfortable to say the least.
Have a good UD, love

Thanks Barb,

Had toast this morning to try & fibre it through, but I'm not sure if I'm adding to the backlog! Slightly better now but still not completely sorted. Don't want to get any Dulcolax or anything as swimming tomorrow & funeral with long car journey on Friday.

Pretty horrible day today. My mum & dad have gone to see my uncle's body in Wiltshire today, ahead of the funeral on Friday.

I hate seeing a rise after a DD, so depressing, poor you. The stress of family and funeral is probably not helping either. I can recommend the galette recipe I posted in the recipes thread for helping with fibre, it is part of a protein based diet where added fibre is important.

Sorry you are still not feeling great Anja, I wonder fi the stress about the funeral etc. is adding to your problems? I find stress heads for my tummy and can have a major effect either way, if you get my drift!

Hope you feel better as the day wears on,

Love

Oh dear again!

That will serve me right for buying fresh pizza from Asda. No cals on the packet & using a similar calorie count from another one with the weight of this one the cals came out at 1,142 on its own. (A shop bought Pizza Express Margherita would only have been 545 cals for the 8 inch one so for future reference I know which one I'll be getting!)

UD: 2,004 cals, 5.5 fruit & veg.

B: toast, butter, jam
L: Waitrose veg lasagne, apricots, cherries & apple & apricot compote
D: mixed veg pizza, low fat Carte d'Or

We now have 2 pots of the low cal ice cream as my parents & I separately went to Waitrose & got some yesterday!

Not holding out much hope for my target this week but we'll see. Between constipation & depression this week isn't going well. Still having a few problems in that department but I don't really need to elaborate! Also with the funeral & going away at the weekend I have no idea what food will be on offer, nor will I have access to a computer or scales. Will have to put some Slimfast in the car just in case! I'm also coming down with a cold which I think has been helped along with stress, very sniffly today & yesterday and also quite spotty at the moment, which I'm putting down to my water shortage. Aren't I full of excuses at the moment? No not really, whatever happens I need to carry on going although I think this week's target may need to be 1lb instead of 3lbs until everything else is more settled. At least that would get me to my 20% of starting weight loss.

Well... thankfully back to 11,8 today as part of my blockage has cleared but still partly blocked. Have got salad & fruit on the menu for today & Aqua tonight so we'll see how things go. Have no idea how I'm going to handle my 3 days away though. I don't want to look rude & I also don't want to do 4 down days in a row by only doing the Slimfast. Hopefully my head has got some important calories stored in it & I can do some guesstimates! We're playing Lazer Quazer with the children on Sunday afternoon so at least there's some running around built into my plan. Monday's morning weigh in should be interesting anyway - seeing how I do on my own 2 feet!

I am sure you will cope well Anja, there's bound to be salady bits about as it's Summer and if you head for the non pastry based stuff and fruity things you'll be fine. This is the beauty if Juddd, you can swap your days about and if your targets not hit, it doesn't matter because you know it will be soon.

Thinking of you and hoping it isn't too hard a day for you.

Love

Well done Anja, you are coping with a lot of stress at the minute and it is bound to make everything harder. While you are away you may have to put the diet on hold, but you already know what the really bad things are so if you try to keep high protein low carb you should be OK. Blame the cold for why you aren't eating much.

hope you don't do too much damage while you are away.

At least it isn't a full avalanche like it would be with CD or LL.

Look forward to your posts on your return. You have all helped me on this forum!!!

Today is creeping towards an ID & I expect that I will do all 4 days as IDs as I'll burn 380 cals at aqua tonight. Will see how it goes. My planned day is around 900 today so I may still see a loss tomorrow. Will aim to be on here first thing but we have to go at 9am to get to Wiltshire in time to do greetings etc.

Hi Anja, sounds like some ID's are your only real option, it's not easy when you have to be away from home. Still once you get into next week it will be all systems go!

Hope you get on alright.

Love

I think today ended up a bit more UD than ID but we'll see... There was quite a lot of eating going on tonight but I think tomorrow should be calmish. Will have 3 hours car journey in morning & 2 hours pm to Northampton so not much to eat or drink if I don't want to keep stopping. Also buffet served after service which doesn't start until 2.30, who knows what time that'll be. I think we'll be busy enough that I won't eat much. Will make sure to have a big bowl of cereal before I go to keep me going as long as poss...

Back