Anyone else had hypno gastric mind band?

Hi all

Ive just sat and read through the thread so thought id say hi.

I have decided to have the hypnoband and am going for my 1st session tomorrow, my friend is also having it and should be finishing her first session round about now.

I'm not expecting it to be a miracle weight loss, but i hope that i do lose at least a bit of weight and also change my eating habits!!

Ill keep you informed. :)

xx

A while since I updated. Have had a terrible time and suffered a bereavement, so not really felt like talking. :cry:

Weighed on Monday and 10st 9lbs.

Hope others are seeing success and good luck to all new "hypno-bandies" :hug99::fingerscrossed:

Hey hoping I can join your thread I am booked in locally for the hypno gastric band on first I am really looking forward to it!! Just hoping it works as well for me as some of u!! X

aww, sorry for your loss hun, hope you are feeling a bit brighter now, esp since you got on the scales, well done! x

Thanks Goldie, how are you doing now? :)
I see you have a new "start date" for your diet. Is that still hypno, did you go back or are you trying something different?
Well done on the loss anyway, whatever diet you're following now, that looks to be a fab 1lb a week xx :0clapper:

Last edited:
Hey hoping I can join your thread I am booked in locally for the hypno gastric band on first I am really looking forward to it!! Just hoping it works as well for me as some of u!! X

Hi Nats and welcome xx :)

Still working for me, albeit slowly!
But seeing as it took a fair few years to put all the excess weight on, am happy to see it come off slowly I guess. I just keep extending my goal date! :D :fingerscrossed:

gigglepants said:
Hi Nats and welcome xx :)

Still working for me, albeit slowly!
But seeing as it took a fair few years to put all the excess weight on, am happy to see it come off slowly I guess. I just keep extending my goal date! :D :fingerscrossed:

I don't really care how it comes off as long as it's off lol lol do u "diet" as well or go u just naturally start eating healthier and less ?? Xxxx

Hi Nats xx

I don't really "diet" as such.
I just eat smaller portions (I still automatically plate my food up on a tea plate), recognise when I'm full (and don't feel guilty about binning leftover food), still eat slower than before hypno' and savour everything.
I will occasionally make unhealthy food choices, but I don't beat myself up about it.
Oh and I still regularly listen to the cd I was given.

gigglepants said:
Hi Nats xx

I don't really "diet" as such.
I just eat smaller portions (I still automatically plate my food up on a tea plate), recognise when I'm full (and don't feel guilty about binning leftover food), still eat slower than before hypno' and savour everything.
I will occasionally make unhealthy food choices, but I don't beat myself up about it.
Oh and I still regularly listen to the cd I was given.

Oh thanks hun he hasnt mentioned a cd said I would have first appt on the 1st then an appt couple weeks after to make sure it's all working correctly. Really hoping it works xxxx

hi all
hope its ok to join in ,
ive been posting on another thread on here, i had the 'op' on the 23 rd july and started the whole proceedure 10 days before that, i initially lost 10lb then went on a 3 week cruise to my oh ship but stayed the same ... massive result as i usually gain 7 lb a WEEK when im there , so all going really well , im relaxed around food for the first tim in years and no longer stress about food , i eat when im hungry , stop when im full and eat a fraction of what i used to without actually thinking about it , i feel this really is the key to break the diet merry go round ive been stuck on for years , no matter how long the weight loss takes thats ok as im playing for life this time x
well done to everyone and giggle pants im sorry for your loss, but such a big well done for all you have achieved despite the struggles xxx

oh btw
goldie have you gone back to youre therapist ?

Hiya.. just thought I would update everyone. I lost a good few pounds on the Hypnoband and have decided to follow it on with weight watchers.. it's going really well.. I have lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks and am finding it easy to do. I think having the Hypnoband has really given me a head start with this. I still listen to the CD now and again and I really think this is a vital part of the process. Good luck to everyone else and you can find me in the WW section :) x

Hi all, congrats on all your weight losses!!
I got a good deal for the Hypno band And will be booking in soon. Any advice? I'm a huge fan of Hypno as I had it to give up smoking and haven't smoked for about 4 years!!! I want to loose about 2 1/2 stone before xmas, do you think it's possible?
Keep up the good work guys.?

Emma07825 said:
Hi all, congrats on all your weight losses!!
I got a good deal for the Hypno band And will be booking in soon. Any advice? I'm a huge fan of Hypno as I had it to give up smoking and haven't smoked for about 4 years!!! I want to loose about 2 1/2 stone before xmas, do you think it's possible?
Keep up the good work guys.?

Sorry hun only realised some 1posted!! 2 is a lot before xmas I lost 1 in 8 weeks xxxxx

A quick long overdue update in this thread.

After losing my brother, I started to comfort eat and I ended up putting all but 8lbs of my weight loss back on :cry:
Listening to the cds didn't help me get back on track, though they do still help me relax!
I even tried a course of cds via a groupon deal, but didn't like the hypnotists voice!! :D

TBH I think if I hadn't lost my brother, I'd have got to my target weight.
As I've said before, although the gastric band part didn't work for me, I took on board everything else my hypnotist told me.
I know there's no shame in going back to him for more hypnosis, but I'm not at a comfortable stage to talk about why I need more help. Still too raw.

So I'm now committed to trying Exante, a meal replacement VLCD.
Fingers crossed this will work, I feel very positive about it anyway! :)

Good Luck to anybody else who is going through the hypnoband/hypnosis gastric band route. I still believe that with the right hypnotist, it can work if you want it badly enough :hug99:xx

Back