april starters?newbie :-)

Going back when I first was going to start LL back in April 07 , my old doctor was going to charge me 99 pounds , thats the reason I never did it . I joined a new doctors and thought thats not bad 30 , until the nurse said she would of done it for nothing , she only chages for passports as it has her details on of her passport . We live and learn .

Hi there David, I see you are doing well on your first week 13 pounds off , and also I see your OH is also doing well are you both on LL ?

Hi Ronky

Your head is in the right place for this. I'm sure you will be successful.
It's funny - at the start the packs nearly make you feel ill - after a while you look forward to them. It's a good idea after a while to re-try ones you thought you didn't like at first. Your taste buds will change.
The way I dealt with it was to understand that they are not food and they are not trying to be delicious. They are just a means to an end to give you the correct vitamins and minerals while you lose weight . Once you accept that and you are fully into ketosis it gets so much easier. The results are so dramatic in health, looks and confidence that it's easy to keep going.
Good luck everyone. The sun is starting to shine, we'll all want to wear fewer clothes - it's a good incentive.

Hi All
Well done David and OH for not breaking your LL programe . What are your goals , I guess your on 8 weeks and OH on 14 ?
Slendablenda , yes wearing fewer clothes and feeling ok , and not trying to cover up and hide , thats a good reason .
Hows everyone here ?

The way I dealt with it was to understand that they are not food and they are not trying to be delicious. They are just a means to an end to give you the correct vitamins and minerals while you lose weight . Once you accept that and you are fully into ketosis it gets so much easier.

Thats the way I was treating it and then our LLC told us off saying it was food and if we thought of it as not being food then would be feel deprived of food and be more likely to be a rebellious child and lapse! Personally I treat it as a means to an end and I actually like the taste of a good few of the packs.

Definately easier when you are fully in ketosis and not hungry, I often have to remind myself to eat the packs!

good luck katie, just stick to it and keep motivated, theres some great advice on here and its definately helped me :) just remember the first 3 days are the hardest, plain sailing after that :)

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I had my first meeting today and will officially start tomorrow. I am so excited to get started ever since the innitial consultation a few weeks back lol
Good luck everyone, I can't wait to read everyone's progress :)

Hi all, i am on day 7...yippy and my weigh in is tonight (monday). I cheated last night i weighed myself at home. According to my scales, i have lost 11lbs :) I hope that the scales at LL will confirm this tonight but i am really excited. I am so glad that i did not wait another day to start on this journey.
The weekend went fine, i had all my LL meals and i had the cranberry/rasberry crispy bar last night. OMG! it tasted so divine it is almost sinful! I have tried the fugde bar and peanut bars too... the latter is so filling i can only have half of the bar... now i never thought there will be a day where i cannot finish a bar of chocolate (several bars actually).
I also tried the chicken and chilli soup (hated it), but the mushroom and vegetable soup was lovely (pre LL i have never had soup in my life!)
I guess what i am saying is the choice is great on the LL and i don't feel like i am missing out much. I think of the foodpacks as "my meal, what my body needs... no junk just nutrients". With that mind set, i try to enjoy every bit of it. I hope this will last... 93 more days to go.

Nikki10: how are you doing? how have you found the first few days? brave it out girl... you are going to be fine.

MsJMC. All the best for the 20th, keep us posted.

Mummytwo... this is the week for you... thursday is near. I am so excited for you. Let us know your starting stats.

Have a great week all and WE CAN DO THIS!!

Hi Everyone,
Well today is my fifth day on LL and im feeling fine,the hunger pangs have vanished and yesterday was i nearly forgetting my last food pack (i was so full) great to see everyone doing so well. looking forward to weigh in on wed.
Ronky 11lb thats brilliant well done.

Ronky 11lbs is fantastic let us know your official loss tonight! U hav done so well to get thru week one! I really cnt wait,collect my packs Wednesday night! I think I'm not going to weigh myself at home as my scales r probably wrong lol x

well, i had my offical weigh in last night i am a bit (actually a lot) dissapointed. According to LL scale i have lost 7.5lbs :(
I am not a happy bunny at all :( :(
I did everything by the books, i was expecting to pull a big no in this first week. Although i was told that my period maybe to blame as i started my period on friday (day 4) but nevertheless, a big no. would have been nice.

Today is another day i guess and i have to keep fitting my flabs.

Aw ronky I can tel your disappointed but 7.5lbs is great! That's y I'm
def not gna use my own scales coz u might get ur hopes up n then they cud b wrong,u never know u might get a big number next week coz ur time of the month will b gone :) did the other ppl in your group do well x

thanks mummytwo, the thought of pulling a bigger no next week is what is motivating me right now.
I started LL a week earlier than the rest of the group. Once i decided i wanted to do LL, i didn't want to lose that motivation and i knew if i wanted another week, i may not be an April starter. So i pleaded with me counsellor to start me earlier which she did.
I kept me disapointment to myself in the grp so that i did not discourage them on their 1st wk.
Hopefully, we will all pull big numbers next week.

Tomorrow is the day fo you mummytwo... how are you feeling

Nikki10.. you must be close to weigh in now?

Hi Ronky congrats on the 7.5lb weightloss, i know you are probably a little disheartened but you 7.5 is still great to lose in one week,and you might get another big loss next week.
My weigh in is tonight my scales is different to LLC so i didnt even bother to weigh myself yet,looking forward to tonight :)

Hi Ronky

I threw away my home scales after 2 weeks being on LLL. Variations of weight on 2 different sets of scales was not good for my mindset on this diet.

Just rely on the LL ones. :) It's better in the long run

xx

I agree itl b worth the wait to get a nice suprise at group weigh in so I def wnt b weighing myself,good luck for tonight nikki x

Back