Becky's EE 2 Stone to lose Diary

Hi Becky, I'm pleased you are doing well and have decided on primary teaching, a really good resource to find things out is at www.tes.co.uk on their forum. People go on and talk about their experiences of applying and interviews etc which can be a great help.
Teaching is a great career, I love it and don't feel like I'm working for a living lol. The only drawback is the long working hours e.g. taking work home, marking etc and using weekends and holidays for lesson planning. I thought it was just secondary teaching but after speaking to some primary teachers it appears to be just as bad for them. I think we talked about that before ages ago actually and you were put off by it, so glad you changed your mind about it lol!! xx

Thanks for the link Josie I will have a look :0)

I'm only planning on applying for early years (3-7) so hoping that most of the workload is about the care of the kids lol!!

We will see ha ha!! xx

Yesterday was my 10.5hr shift at work followed by a catch up with my bestest friend, it was a very busy day lol!

Extra Easy

B - 28g Fruit and Fibre and milk, pear
L - Lobby, banana and natural yogurt, hot choc (2 syns)
D - Lobby, apple, alpen light (3.5 syns), crisps (4.5 syns)

Made a big pan of the staffordshire lobby and got my last pot left for my dinner Sunday lol! xx

Hey becky, it's great when u know what u want to do with ur life and the excitement of choosing the right path. There seems to be a lot of teachers on here who love their jobs so u will be in good company xxx

Been chatting to my friend who is on a primary PGCE today and he's been saying how much he loves it and telling us funny stories about the kids. Bet you will love it!

Well good luck with getting your Science GCSE and gaining a place. Have a chat with some of the teachers in the early years classes to find out exactly what they do outside of school hours, you'll probably be suprised at how much extra paperwork and planning is required. I know I was lol. But it's all worth it- like I said teaching is a great job and the holidays make the long working hours during term time all worth it in my opinion :D

Yep, the holidays are great but I don't think people realise how much we really need those holidays to recover and to catch up on extra bits of work... I think if we didn't get all those holidays we would all pretty much have to leave the profession because of exhaustion! xxxx

Back