Becky's EE 2 Stone to lose Diary

Hi Maverick, thanks for liking my idea :0) I did this about a year ago when I was 13st 9lbs and had a bridesmaid dress to fit into! I managed to lose a stone and a half pretty quickly as evenings are just when things go so wrong for me! It's weird that we have these little things that work for us, then we go and forget them. Then a little while later we think "oh yeah, I used to do that, why didn't I think of it sooner?" lol!! xx

Hi Jules!
I am so excited to be starting properly. Most of the kids I know (which is a bonus) as they were in Nursery with my son last year, he's now in a mixed reception/ KS1 class now. I always think it's the thought of going to work that's the worst bit, I do try to take each second as it comes now, rather than thinking 'it's Friday, I'm at work at 1.30 so my day is ruined' ha ha!!
The kids are so cute and I was really pleased with myself as I got a little girl to read to me when she was adamant at first that she wasn't going to (she was shy.) I do find it easier as I've got a child the same age so you get to know the little things that will persuade them to do things, and I know how to tell them off without being horrible to them or upset them! xx

My dinner was so delicious that I just had to take a photo he he! I got some LF cheese from Sainsbury's and to be honest I wasn't too impressed with the taste (it had none!) but a little splash of Worcester sauce and PING! It came alive and actually tasted like cheese!! I think my son will wolf these down so going to make them for tea tomorrow!! And I'm becoming a bit obsessed with roasted red onions I think, honestly if you haven't tried them you must yum yum yum!! xx

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 30
It's good that you know the ways of getting kids to do things in a nice way. I find that the younger they are the more likely they are to want to impress you and to respond to positive reinforcement. The older ones are the same really only you have to be a lot more subtle and it's more difficult to 'get' them! However I don't care what anyone says, no matter how problematic and 'naughty' I don't think there are many kids out there who don't want to do well and who don't enjoy being told they are clever and good at things! It just depends on how you do it for some kids though!

I like your idea of "a second at a time". I was terrible over half term. On the last Friday everyone was like "yaaaaay half term" and I was like "Don't see why we're all getting excited. It's just going to fly by before we know it anyway." What a scrooge!!!!

Woah... That dinner looks ACE!!!!! You have inspired me to go and put on some peppers of my own to roast!!!! MMMM!

Ha ha! Scrooge lol! I like your perspective on the kids, I just wish the parents would pay their children a bit more attention and teach them right from wrong, there's only so much discipline a teacher can instil upon a child, most of their learning comes from home afterall.

xx

So today went to plan, a mugshot for tea whilst the boys had hot dogs and curly fries followed by chocolate cookies. So I know we're supposed to feed kids healthy foods, but it was a Friday so I thought they were allowed a treat!!

No eating after 7pm again YAY!! xx

rumbletummy said:
Ha ha! Scrooge lol! I like your perspective on the kids, I just wish the parents would pay their children a bit more attention and teach them right from wrong, there's only so much discipline a teacher can instil upon a child, most of their learning comes from home afterall.

xx

Totally agree with you on that one, whenever you come across a naughty kid and everyone is blaming the school, society, the government, television, broken britain etc etc etc... You meet the patents and you're never surprised! It's all parenting I think! Apparently it's the first six or so months that are really crucial!

Some parents are ridiculous, one kid in my year 8's dad replied to a note in his organiser from a teacher of "-10 points for throwing paper planes in the lesson" saying "Why shouldn't my son be allowed to have a bit of fun?"

Last edited:
Lots of parent's rely on schools to teach their child to behave and know right from wrong, I really don't think they get that it's the parent's job to make sure that they go to school knowing these values in the first place. And my son isn't even that angelic! He shows me up in public something rotten at times as he's so head strong, but he does know how to behave in school at least ha ha!! xx

I'm off work this weekend so I'm going to try to fill the day with lots of activities so I make sure that I don't graze all day!!

I've got a few magazines to read,bought a few cookery mags, they're so good for adapting over to the SW way! My faves are Easy Cook and Good to Know Recipes. The only trouble is that they have loads of baking in them, and baking is something I refuse to do as there's only one cake hole they will all end up in he he!! I need to find someone who I can 'feed' them too lol!!

So for breakfast I've had 2 Weetabix with milk and then some blueberries and 1/4 pot Vanilla Mullerlight. Lunch I think will be another Mug Shot (OK I admit that I LOVE the spicy flavour!!) and I'll be making the Pitta pizzas again for mine and my son's tea. I never mention the OH by the way as he eats junk so I let him get on with it (and he never gains a pound!!)

At midday I'm going to OH's mums for the afternoon and hopefully I'll be able to pop in the local B&Q to get some more paint to finish the half-decorated living room lol!

xx

I had to share this...

In 2001 I got down to my lowest adult weight of 9st 10lbs. OH's mum said at the time "You're slimmer than ever!"

I was so chuffed as this was such a great thing for her to say and for the next 10 years whilst I've steadily re-gained the weight, piled on loads of baby weight and yo-yo'd for so many years losing and regaining the same half a stone, I've always remembered that comment and thought I'd do anything for someone to say that to me again!

And today she said "You've lost more weight... YOU'RE SLIMMER THAN EVER!" I will never tell her how much this meant to me... in case I ever regain the weight (which I wont!!) and want her to say it again... but I was soooo chuffed!! xx

Aww that was nice of her - it really is the little comments like that that stay with you xx

Oh wow Becky that's great! Such a fab NSV! I bet you feel amazing!!!

I remember once me and my friend were taking about when we were both skinny as teenagers, saying "do you remember that amazing feeling of having a flat stomach?" then I said "ah well it's better to have loved and lost!" and we had a good laugh about it!

I haven't seen that friend since May now and we haven't spoken as we had a very strange falling out when I last saw her. But I am going to see her in July for a hen weekend, it sounds weird / *****y but I am going to feel so much better about facing her and the awkward situation as I'm now slim again, especially as fingers crossed I will be at target!! X

Thanks girls! yep I'm feeling pretty fab right now :0)

I hadn't seen OH's mum in a few weeks so it's nice that she noticed!

I would love to be there when your friend sees you Jules, how amazing will you feel? You will have to have all your replies ready for the questions... how much have you lost, how did you do it? and the old favourite 'don't put it all back on again' ha ha!!

I've reached target once before at WW in 2001 but back then I remember OH saying 'what are you going to do once you reach target' and my reply was 'eat loads of crap!!' but now I know I'll just carry on following SW, I just much prefer the food to the rubbish I used to eat before!!

xx

Yesterday was day 3 completed of not eating after 7pm!

Looking forward to weighing in on Wednesdy to see if I've lost anything as I'm feeling a lot lighter at the mo, eventhough I'm due my * week on Friday! xx

My planned food for today is...

Green

B - 2 Weetabix with milk
Blueberries with 1/4 pot Mullerlight Vanilla

L - SW onion Bhaji (from SW Facebook) with carrots and green beans (weird combo??) I can only describe this as 'student food' he he!! The top was crispy but the underneath still tasted like mash, so next time I'll do them small rather than like a pie he he!! Still yum though!

D - Something light like a Mugshot or a sandwich...

Update on the Onion bhajis... I cut the remainder of the 'pie' into 4, turned them over and then browned the underside, they look much more like bhajis now!!

Last edited:
My rescued onion bhajis lol!

They somehow managed to look like a cross between a biscuit and a pizza... but they're yummy and even my son nabbed one!!

Recipe was... fry 2 onions and a red pepper in fry light until soft, add turmeric and curry powder (I added a bit of water at this stage to get rid of the grainy texture) Make up a sachet of instant mash to a thick texture, mix together and press into a pan. Cook in oven until crispy.

But I just found another recipe with onions and peas so will do that one next time and make them into round balls!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 29
I made some bhajis that turned out good last night- maybe 4/5 frylighted sliced onions then turmeric, asafoetida and madras curry powder. I then added 1 boiled mashed sweet potato, made into balls then cooked in a very hot oven until almost burnt! They're the best I've done yet and sort of did taste quite a lot like real ones!

Thanks for that Jules, the recipe on Facebook said to cook them in a low oven, maybe that's why they look like biscuits PMSL!!

I will try the ones you've suggested, not sure about that funny sounding spice though lol! I can't eat eggs as I'm allergic so frittata, omelette and SW quiche are off the menu, I was really pleased to find something similar made with mash instead of eggs... I wonder if I could make other things like that, I have seen the SW pizza...hmmm...

We are not big foodies you see, but we got a lovely new kitchen in January so I'm trying to use it more! This will sound awful but we've lived in the house nearly 8 years and today was the first time I baked cakes in it!! And they were the kiddie ones in the box with sugar paper Toy Story pictures!! Is there any hope do you think??

ha ha!! xx

Hello!!

What a great day I've had!! Went into my son's school today, gave 13 readers their brand new books (felt very proud that I was starting them off on their reading journeys yay!!) Then it was home for lunch, and a look on here of course!! And then back to school for the afternoon listening to the established readers. And I got 4 little hugs at the end of the day so I must be doing something right!! Whenever I leave I want to go back the very next day, I know it'd be more work if I was actually employed there, but I'm so so enjoying it!!

Food wise I've done really well, 2 Weetabix and milk for breakfast... a Mugshot, pear and some Vanilla yog and blueberries for lunch... A fairy cake and hot choc when I got home (6 syns) and a chicken and tomato sandwich for tea (1 syn)

Felt quite shattered when I got home so I had a relax in the bath, my lovely OH is entertaining our son on the X Box as he can see I'm tired bless him! I'm gutted that The Biggest Loser is finished now, I keep thinking it's on tonight... never mind I'm sure there'll be something else on to fill my night slobbed out in front of the telly he he!!

Day 4 of not eating after 7pm was completed yesterday, feeling very virtuous at the mo, come on Wednesday, I need a decent loss for once!! xx

Thanks for that Jules, the recipe on Facebook said to cook them in a low oven, maybe that's why they look like biscuits PMSL!!

I will try the ones you've suggested, not sure about that funny sounding spice though lol! I can't eat eggs as I'm allergic so frittata, omelette and SW quiche are off the menu, I was really pleased to find something similar made with mash instead of eggs... I wonder if I could make other things like that, I have seen the SW pizza...hmmm...

We are not big foodies you see, but we got a lovely new kitchen in January so I'm trying to use it more! This will sound awful but we've lived in the house nearly 8 years and today was the first time I baked cakes in it!! And they were the kiddie ones in the box with sugar paper Toy Story pictures!! Is there any hope do you think??

ha ha!! xx

There's the HEB pizza which is made using wholemeal bread mix? My bf makes it for me so I've never made it but it always tastes great when he does it!

You could also do a sort of pizza tart / tarlet type things using filo pastry sheets which are I think 3 syns per sheet.

And I sometimes do hash browns with my brekkie when I can be bothered.

I do eat a lot of eggs though! Too many!!!

So glad you had a nice time at school! Those kids sound great and you obviously have a way with them if they were going in for the hugs! Maybe you will get employed there soon if a job comes up?!

xxxxxx

Good luck for WI - sounds like you've been working hard and def deserve a good loss :)

Back