Beginners' Running Challenge - for those of us for whom running does not come easy

When I got my new running shoes I was told they were good for 500 miles. Now that I've run 6 miles in them that leaves another 494 miles to run before I buy a new pair! :giggle:

Hey just spotted this...can I join Lynne?

i am planning on doing the Great North Run in September (I have my place) 13.1 miles and I want to finish inside 2 hours 20 minutes, that would be a personal best. I need to build up my BIG run each week and increase the number of miles I complete for stamina.
so far this week...

Sunday..5.3 miles
Monday..2.7 miles
Thursday ..2.8 mimiles big run planned for tomorrow

Yes of course you can Shimp. Pleased you are - should give me more motivation when I see how well you're doing!

But sometimes I fall off the exercise wagon!

I have done my big run tonight because I am away in London and Southampton for the next 3 days

Sunday..5.3 miles
Monday..2.7 miles
Thursday ..2.8 miles
Friday ... 7 mile run

Total miles for this week 17.8 miles run

knackered!

I have done my big run tonight because I am away in London and Southampton for the next 3 days

Sunday..5.3 miles
Monday..2.7 miles
Thursday ..2.8 miles
Friday ... 7 mile run

Total miles for this week 17.8 miles run

knackered!

Wow well done! X

Ooh can I join? I don't have a goal other than a healthy heart! I started running about 4wks ago and try and manage 1 or 2 a week along with circuits once or twice a week too.
My running pace is just under 10min miles as an average but I ran with the lads from work on this 5km time trial and I really didn't want to be overtaken and did it in 26.39 mins. Was dead chuffed as that averaged 8.30 something min/miles I think BUT i felt physically sick.......and that lasted all day, ha ha. Teach me to think i can keep up with the boys. They all did it in 20 and 22minutes anyway!!!! They're all like whippets.
So off for a run with my friend in a bit who usually runs 11-12min miles, so nice leasurely run for me. Enjoy these ones! x

I'm going for a run tonight! Will only be 30 minutes after work so won't be far at all but it'll be a run! Lol x

4km in 31 minutes tonight. Not bad! Wish I'd done the 5k but really wanted to have a nice bath before the other half gets back from golf and insider realise I'd done 4 in that time till i checked map my run! Pretty happy right now x

Hi all can I join in?

I too am running the great north run in September :D

I am running 4 days a week and did my first 5 mile run today :D (11 weeks ago I struggled to run for 60 seconds !)
My average pace is 13.10 mins per mile, im hoping to speed up but as long as I run the whole distance im not worried too much by the speed.

I am running the Olympic anniversary run on july 21st too which is 5 miles around the Olympic Park finishing on the Olympic track finish line in the stadium which will be an amazing experience :D

I run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday so will update on those days x

Welcome Plymscuba and Fulltum. There's getting to be quite a few of us on here now. I'm going to have to step up my efforts now! Have had a couple of days off but am going to go out for a run today and see how well I do!

5km done this morning in 50 mins due to the fact i had my three year old nephew in the buggy so I could t really concentrate on times as whenever we went past a duck we had to stop and say hello x

3.48 Km in 34.09 minutes for me today. Felt heavy and sluggish today and my knee is still killing from circuits Thursday evening - grrrr! x

First run of the week (as I have been away since Saturday morning)

2.8 miles.

next run planned for Thursday

Really need to get my bum in gear and exercise. Actually haven't felt like it this week, which is quite unusual for me. Knee hurts a bit so at least its getting a rest :D x

Sorry for not updating :rolleyes:

This weeks runs were
Tuesday 3.5 miles average pace 12.35 mpm
Wednesday 2 miles average pace 12.30 mpm
Thursday 3.5 miles average pace 12.41 mpm (had to keep slowing down for cars when crossing roads! )

I now have 2 days off running and then will do 5 miles on sunday

Second run of the week

2.8 miles.
Thursday 2.8 miles

next run planned for Saturday should be a long one (8 miles)

Well done everyone! I really need to get myself sorted and start running again although at the moment I'm concentrating on catching up at work and sticking to 100%

Back