Birmingham meet - 18th/19th april

awww found the thread (thanks irene)
so can i come to
never been to a meet
are hubbys welcome as hell bring me
kaz xxxx

where abouts are you all meeting in Birmingham? Is it an overnight thing?
xx

Official meet is 3pm in the Reception of the Jurys Inn on Broad Street.... some people are going Friday/Saturday some only Saturday.... (ie me!!!).... usual format is meet in the afternoon, sit around nattering and drinking copious amounts of black coffee and water...lol (oh and the occasional coke - diet of course!).... then those who want to eat go eat and those who don't - erm don't!
Usually meet in reception 8ish to go for few drinks then dance the night away at Flares which is dead opposite the hotel.... that's what has happened at last few meets....

Not everyone stays - some just come for the afternoon... be lovely if you joined us Kelly:D

Official meet is 3pm in the Reception of the Jurys Inn on Broad Street.... some people are going Friday/Saturday some only Saturday.... (ie me!!!).... usual format is meet in the afternoon, sit around nattering and drinking copious amounts of black coffee and water...lol (oh and the occasional coke - diet of course!).... then those who want to eat go eat and those who don't - erm don't!
Usually meet in reception 8ish to go for few drinks then dance the night away at Flares which is dead opposite the hotel.... that's what has happened at last few meets....

Not everyone stays - some just come for the afternoon... be lovely if you joined us Kelly:D

I am coming up Friday and my train doesn't get in till 3pm, are we meeting at 3pm on Friday too, if so I will have to join up with you a little bit later xxx

I am coming up Friday and my train doesn't get in till 3pm, are we meeting at 3pm on Friday too, if so I will have to join up with you a little bit later xxx

Not sure Cheryl as I'm only coming on Saturday ..... only live 'down the road' so to speak so don't want to use up a 2 night pass out so close to home....;) Lots of people are coming up on the Friday.... sure they'll be along in a bit to tell you what the plans are....:D

Hi Cheryl
i'll be driving up Friday (with Debbie, i think) & aim to arrive somewhen between 3 & 4pm. Last time I didn't get there till gone 7pm. Friday is a very casual affair, get there when you can, if you wanna chill, ok, or go out. Some of us come on Fri as being a long journey we're then not too tired for the "Main Event" !
xx

Hi All!

Not long now till the meet up - about 7 weeks if not less....:D

I know some of you are going to be there on the Friday evening and not sure what is planned but thought you might (or might not...lol) be interested to know that the 'Torvill and Dean Dancing on Ice Live Show' is on at the NIA that weekend..... we are planning on going on the Sunday evening to treat my nan who will be 90 the following day!

Anyway, tickets are on sale though a little pricey - they do Fri eve, Sat eve and Sun matinee if anyone is interested.....

Love

Will ya stop nagging me now Mich, I've booked the train tickets!!!

They arrived today so no getting rid of me!

Can't wait, even if my roomie can't make it. Lucky escape for her with my snoring!

I'm very pleased to hear it young lady....lol;):D

Now tell me - have you booked yourself in the Ibis for York yet???:eek::D

Can't wait for the meet ..... won't be the same without Jennie:cry:.... but there will be more Bham meets I'm sure that Jennie with her new tum can come to:D;).... but we'll miss you Jennie....:cry:

I will be leaving Sunday lunchtime(ish) and then Sunday evening will be back in Brum to watch Dancin on Ice at the NIA.... I will be in full-on lust and drool mode over young Chris Fountain.... God I wish I was 20 again....:p:D:eek::sigh:

Hey gang,

I might be up for it- as a "new face" I guess I've been around on here for ages and know or know of most of you guys but have never been to a meet before. Have only ever met Cheryl (Pandora) before so not sure whether I would be too nervous! Especially where you guys seem to all be really good mates where you have met before...

Are the rooms at the hotel doubles or twins?? Just trying to work out the financial side of it cos if anyone (straight ladies only obv!-dont think bf would appreciate me sharing with a guy!) needed to share a twin I could be up for that (im a student on placement so currently somewhat broke!)

Also not sure on transport- Cheryl (Pandora) do you know what the transport links are like from down here??

xx

Last edited:
Is this the one I am going to?

I'll be coming up with Mary Poppins, bit nervous as it is my first meet but can't wait to put some faces to the names! Will be travelling down on the Saturday.

Georgie
x

I know how nervous I was going to my first meet (Newcastle April 2006) but I assure everyone it is a great experience and wouldn't miss it for the world and you always go home so full of enthusiam and motivation

Irene xx

Back