breda's ww diary to good health

Make sure u do lots of lovely things for u and maybe one on one time with ur son :) will be lovely for both of u! She will have a great time xx

I know what you mean Carly. I have had a nice lazy day today and son will be home around 5pm. He is fifteen , chunky and 5ft 8 in (way bigger than me) usually prefers to come home and chill out in his room for an hour or so and then watch TV. He is revising for his junior (o-levels) at the moment so will probably be helping him with that for a bit. Its hard to do something special mid week . We rarely get respite at weekends. He enjoys the peace though as Brid loves blaring her music on the computer.

Awww bless him :) well I'm sure his exams will be fine x

Hi Brenda, hope the guilt eased and you were able to relax yesterday! You are right respite is so good for her independence and it's important you get a chance to switch off so she has a chilled out mum when she comes home! No more guilt!!! X

Ahhh, ye are so nice girls. I have to admit too it is nice to have a break and focus on other things for a while.

Daughter home today after school anyway. looking forward to seeing her now. Still no sign of Cat .Accepting she is gone now. sniff,sniff.

Will put up diary later ,not sure how today is going to go yet. Have a good day everybody :kitty:

Awww will be nice to have her bk! Did u have a nice rest? X

Yes thanks Carly. enjoyed my day off maybe a little too much (food wise!!!!!!!!)

Anyway menu for today thus far

Breakfast
Porridge 30g....................3pp
1/2 pt skim milk...............3pp

Lunch
Wrap...........................4pp
Chicken.......................4pp
peppers,tomatoe ,cucumber,red onion
1 tbsp relish.................1pp

Dinner

House special chow mein for a change
.................................9pp

Snacks
1ptk walkers baked............2pp
1 babybel light..................1pp
1 ptk snack O Jacks...........2pp

29/29

Last edited:
Haha! Bless u! Bk to it :) x

Aww, respite is really important - it's important for you and your daughter. You need time to recharge and just be 'you' and the independence is fab for her too. Huge congratulations on your first silver seven - makes it all worthwhile, eh ;)

Keep up the great work!

Thanks doing it for me. It is good to recharge the batteries . Some times I wonder if there is a REAL me at this stage. The past 15 -16 years have been fairly intense with the two lads having completely different needs. I gave up work when my daughter was four to be here to take her to school etc. There arnt many minders queing up for a hyperactive autistic four year old and a two year old as well.!!!!!. I spoke about this with a therapist at one stage . When you are focussed so long on being a good mother ,wife, daughter you kinda forget who breda is. You dont have time for her really .I wouldnt have had it any other way mind you but now they are getting older and more independant so I have to start focussing on me again so WW is for me now (like you) .

Brenda I think it's amazing how dedicated you are to your kids. I think I mentioned before I teach in a language and communication unit and all my boys in class have autism. I have total admiration for their parents..like you they are dedicate their lives to their kids (as do most mothers) but never ever take the time to think about themselves. I absolutely love my job and love every minute I spend with my boys...they brighten up my day and I'm sure it's the same for you! You are definately right though, you must must take some time out for yourself too and regain some "Brenda" time. x

Time for u sound good :) xx

Thanks girls. I try not to sound like a martyr but I just say it how it is !!!!!!!!
CC ,I didnt know that you work with autistic children (I must have missed that somewhere :D) . Its really hard to get speech therapy for our kids here. Its very hit and miss. (a few weeks here,a few weeks there) . I have always found with my lady that she can put the words together if she really wants something but usually 3-4 word sentences but has no interest in conversation really or iniating interaction . She just wants to be left alone to do her own thing !!!!. I really admire people who work in the area of special needs .It is a vocation in itself.

Anyway menu for Today is a bit strange as we didnt get up until around 12 pm!!!!!!!!

Brunch
2* boiled eggs.................4pp
2* slices wholemeal bread..4pp

Snacks
1* small piece of Birthday cake:eek: (neighbours child)....................6pp
1* bag walkers baked...............2pp
1*tiny profiterole.....................4pp
stewed apple and pot ambrosia custard....4pp

Dinner
Fahitas
Chicken Br............................4pp
Wrap(small)..........................3pp(had 2!!=6pp)
Salad , peppers onions

34/29

Last edited:
Yummy day!!! Xx

We are very lucky that we have speech and language based in our place so our kids have access each week and I can pop in and out any time, it's v.good! I have one wee lad who is the same will use limited language to get his needs met and likes to footer around on his own! He's a star! I'm really going to miss him and the others next year when I get new class! I'm sure that'll be a new challenge for me, p1s, great fun!! I honestly couldn't see me doing any other job I really love it and don't dread going to work at all!

Anyhoo hope you've had a good day! X

Thats a fantastic thing to be able to say CC. I did a fetac 5 course a few years ago ( qualifies you to be a special needs assistant here) and did my work experience in the preschool of my daughters school .I adored it too. Theres something so adorable about special needs kids. Hard work sometimes but so rewarding . I never used the qualification because my health was bad for about 2 years after qualifying . Had problems with my back too . probably too old now !!!!

U are NEVER too old!! Go back to it - obviously u are so passionate and very experienced :) u are wonderful and if you want to do it and set ur mind to it u will :) xx

Breda, I think you are spot on about forgetting who we 'are'. You do your best for your children and get caught up in caring for them that 'you' sort of falls by the wayside. It's not about being a maytr but being a fab mum ;)

Today's food diary looks LOVELY! I didn't realise Walkers baked are only 2PP - may be time for me to invest in a bag or two lol.

Don't get me started on speech and language - it's a real bugbear of mine - but I won't rant lol... it is good to know that there are children receiving great support. Sometimes you wonder if anyone gets good support so it's lovely reading some positive stuff. As for you working in SN... why not? I'm sure you'd be brilliant and having been there and done it gives you a whole extra perspective too.

It's such a shame when you hear that children who need support the most just aren't getting it! It's so unfair!!

Brenda you would be such a positive influence in a special needs establishment. After all you being a mother are the most experienced and knowledgable (sp??) of us all!! Like Carly said you are NEVER too old!! x

Ahhhhh Girls !!! thanks so much. I think you would agree (doing it for me ) that we do what we have to do with the cards we are dealt. I think I am really lucky ,both my kids are healthy and able to run around . The people who deserve medals are parents of children who are in wheelchairs and have other severe medical needs.

CC I think I have to loose the weight first anyway or I wouldnt be able to catch them !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway this conversation has got too heavy:D. Beware doing it for me the walkers baked are only 2pp for the multipack bag. The bag you buy in the shop will be more. Had a lovely dinner tonight but had to have a second fahita,was trying to only have one wrap but they were toooonice. more weeklies gone !!!!! oh well its the weekend.

Back