breda's ww diary to good health

:break_diet:Thank you so much for that agree with everything you say. note with interest about Mccambridge bread,whenever I eat bread ( love it but try hard not to eat too much) I always crave something sweet. What makes this bread different?? bet it isn't available everywhere:sigh:

Hi Breda, many thanks for that very informative post. I love soda bread, but I realise now that I felt much better the first 2 weeks when I had no bread. I just chucked a cake into the trolley as I have done for years.

You have definitely put me straight on the stir fry, thank you very much. Sounds like you've perfected the technique.

While sitting at the kitchen table to-night after my walk, I noticed I was drinking pints of Robinsons Squash, but my kids were in & out every few minutes grabbing packets of Hunky Dorys. The younger guy was grocery shopping with me yesterday & helped himself to the goodies.

Note to self: Shop solo & reduce the treats ;)

thats it! Im definitely having a stirfry tomorrow... havent had one since SW and I love king prawn stirfry :D You've also made me want vast amounts of soda bread. We went back to Cork (my dad is from there) last summer and I pretty much made myself sick with it. Im pretty sure if it was as easily accessable in the UK I'd be 8 times the size I am now :D

I think you will surprise yourself at weigh-in... your food diaries have been very modest and would indicate a decent loss. I would love a morning weigh-in but theres none local to me on a convenient day and I am now rather attached to my WW leader. looking forward to seeing how you get on. xxxx

Hi Mazie. The problem with white bread /white rice /white pasta is that they can be converted to glucose (sugar) very fast in the body and a surge of sugar like that is always followed by a slump where we then need more sugar as a pick me up . Its the same as eating a mars bar to the body. Stone ground wholemeal bread (like Mccambridge here in ireland) is converted to sugar really slowly as it has more fiber and thus doesnt cause the slump and the craving for more . (This is the way i understand it ..science a la breda :D)

If there isnt Mccambridge Im sure there are different types in the shops . just look for stoneground wholemeal. (100% whole meal flour).

Hi Celtic tiger. I wouldnt say I have perfected the stirfry yet ive had my fair share of bin fodder too:cry:. I used to cook it way too much . try again and let us know how it goes.

Ya its hard when there are lots of treats in the house. one idea is to tell the kids to keep them in their rooms but thats all they are getting for the week !!. Rather than buy packets of bars or crisps I just let them get one bar in the shop so there is none falling out of the presses at home at you. OR only buy crisps or goodies you dont like but they will eat . Personally I cant have fig rolls or cheese and onion crisps in the house ..major triggers for me. OR just buy more fruit,low fat yogurts, mini low fat babybels instead and if there is nothing else there they will eat them !!!!!!!!

Karen delighted I' ve tickled your taste buds with the idea of a stirfry:D . I really enjoyed it now today .

lovely to hear you have some irish connections . I actually live very near the cork border here . Our nearest big town is in Co.Cork (where i went to school) . soda bread is lovely homemade but if its white it still has the same sugar problems. Try a stoneground wholemeal . Bit darker than some people like but very good for you.

Wil let you know how tomorrow goes. hope to see a minus anyway .

Good morning Breda, thanks very much, I'm looking forward to trying it again with your Chilli twist.

I can't blame the kids for having a love of crisps, they saw me wolf down Multi packs of Walkers Ready Salted for years. But as I have found out, if they're not in the press, I can't eat them! So I march down the crisp aisle without looking left or right :D I'm lucky, I don't have a sweet tooth, but I do love savoury :rolleyes: Your suggestions for alternatives will be added to this weeks Shopping list.

Thanks again,

Conor

Lost two pounds this morning !!! .thrilled with that. Silver seven is my goal for next week. Just updated my signature .How do I update the ticker ?:eek: such a dunce when it comes to these things .Its probably glaringly obvious now

Hay Conor . You are so lucky not to have a sweet tooth believe me. I am adicted to cheese and onion crisps when i start too . I cant buy them . The leader at my old class used say to us to only shop the outer perimeter of the supermarket,we had no buisness in the middle isles i.e minerals,crisps ., sweets,bars etc. They put them in there to tempt us more. . Have a good day

Well done Breda, might be able to help you with the ticker. Cut & Paste this link on the white bar at the top of your screen ( where you type WWW.....)

]Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Click the Enter button on your keyboard, then enter your Password and record your loss. May it be the first of many for you.

Interesting point you make about shopping on the perimeter of the shop. I know that's where the booze is in my local, so I better avoid that! :D:D:D

All the best,

Conor

:mad:I need a kick-had breakfast and waited far too long for lunch and got attacked by the sugar monster:sigh::479::break_diet::dragon:How idiotic is that

Dont panic mazie .It happens to everyone now and then. What you need to do is have some small snack in your bag or drawer at work like apple, bananna, ptk ww bisc (2 Biscuits) ,bag of low fat crisps,2 mandarins,mini babybel and crackers, anything to tide you through to lunch . dont let more than 4 hours go without having something(you can point) or else hunger and the sugar monster will get you as you will feel deprived. Its all a habit really and a bit of organisation and thinking ahead to what could happen in your day.

Chin up !! only hurdle no.1 , dont dwell on it now and have a mad evening .sit down and write out what you are going to have tonight to keep you on track. Drink a few glasses of water. You know what they say you have to fall to learn how to pick yourself up.:D

Almost forgot to put in diary for today

Breakfast
30g porridge...........3pp
1/2 pt skim milk......3pp

snack
1 bananna
1 ww yogurt............1pp

Dinner
2 scoops mashed potatoe...4pp
50z bacon .......................8pp (Guess)
cabbage ,carrots , No sauce

snack
skinny cow triple choc chocice...2pt
velvet crunch...........................2pt
orange....................................0pp
1 curley wurley.........................3pp
1 slice of wholemeal bread and spread..3pp

29/29 but look at all those snacks tonight!!!
I had an early dinner today and didnt have a tea as such this evening just picked..bad habit

Drank about 3 pts water since dinner ...Bacon salty :eek:

Last edited:
:hitthefan::sign0007:Thank you so much for your wise words
WI tonight so at least wont have to wait long to know the dreaded sugar monsters damage

Hi Brenda

Just popping in to say hello, hope you've had a good day and hope you are still going all guns blazing!!

I was just taking note of your snack ideas for keeping in work..I'm definately going to start doing that...I have my lunch at 12.15 and can be in work sometimes till 5. I often find I'm really hungry at about half 3/4ish so tonight I'm going to pack a treat box for work. Thanks for the wonderful idea!!! x

Thanks CC .. glad it helped you.

I have just had one of those sessions in frount of my wardrobe pulling everything out and still finding nothing that fits properly and that I am happy with to go to a Board of Management meeting at my daughters school. I HAIT THIS. It makes me so mad:mad:. I am so looking forward to loosing this weight and not having this problem. Eventually going in a pants and top that WILL DO . I HAIT THAT . I want to look and feel good about myself .
Rant... rant.... rant

congrats on the 2lbs off Breda. Really pleased for you :D

Thanks Karen . I was delighted . Its such a thrill to see a minus sign now. I went through a stage there about 3 years ago where anything i did -foodwise or exercise wise I couldnt loose weight .Have only recently been treated for underactive thyroid and it seems to have made a difference.

:wave_cry:sugar monster left me a prezzie -4lbs on ,must build a stronger cage for him:break_diet:

chin up mazie ,this looseing weight is a learning curve and you know now what your main Trigger is. SUGAR. Are you having your 3 (real food!!) meals a day ? because I find ,if you dont have good meals(i.e proper breakfast, lunch with protein and dinner with protein and Veg) then it is really hard to cut down sugar cravings.

I find porridge is great to regulate blood sugar . Cut down the sugar gradually ,its virtually impossible to cut it out completely but I have found (so Far) that If I write out my meal diary for the day and plan my treats mainly last thing at night I dont seem to be as hungry or cravy(if thats a word!!)

I also try to only have bread at one meal a day and not the white stuff . wholemeal if you can. I know WW say as long as you stay within points you can have what you like but thats very hard for a sugar binger because you end up eating snacky food all day and just create a vicious cycle. I have tried lots of eating plans (hate the word diet) over the years but WW done in a healthy way controlling my sugar is the only thing that works for me. Try it for a few days you will be amazed how much less you will crave sugar.

Back