Dew Drop Inn!! Hour x Hour, Day x Day...

We're away for the weekend, so just got online this morning. Was a busy day yesterday. Actually, that is a complete lie, I lay in the garden for most of the afternoon enjoying the sunshine!

No problem about missing my birthday BL. Everything was secondary compared to my baby's results. I did get a kindle from OH, so I think I'll be getting acquainted with that today.

I think nut fudge is my favourite bar, but the peanut crunch is second. I think the wrapper is black, but it looks like I've eaten both bars so far this week lol! Can anyone else confirm for Julz?

I am still in my dressing gown. How terrible is that? I really should shift myself :D xx

The Peanut bar is in a brown wrapper and the nut fudge is in a brown with black label

Thanks BL...shows how much attention I've been paying lol.

I wonder why your class doesnt have it? Strange.

I had my first real challenge last night. We were invited round to OHs friends house. I thought we were just having drinks, but the boys wanted a takeaway. I took round a shepherds pie and had that while everyone else was tucking into pizza, kebabs and chips. And you know what? It wasnt that bad at all. It might have been a bit different if it had been Chinese, but I wasnt fussed by the food. I think its probably helped that everyone was giving me compliments about my weight loss.

I thought I might struggle a bit with the weekends, but its been the same as midweek. How is everyone else?

Well done for handling the situation.
I couldn't do it at first, but now I'm fine with others having 'food' while I have my pack or a bar with black tea. Made me realise there are others who have to cope with eating different food all the time, like vegetarians, or coeliacs, or people with allergies. They have to speak up and eat something different to what others are eating. And that is what I'm doing for my health.

How do you feel about going to a restuarant Debs? I'm not confident about eating a pack while everyone else is tucking into a meal. My counsellor said she did it all the time, but its a situation I'd rather avoid at the moment, TBH.

So far I've only had to eat my soup at work while others eat normal food. I haven't tried restaurants yet or occasions. I guess if you could save 2 meals, have soup with their main meal and a 1/2 bar when they have dessert with tea. Then you wouldn't be missing out. I hope I would be ok with asking for a bowl with boiling water. But don't know till it happens. Tricky one.

Well, I've got a Hen Doo in September, so I'll have to get my act together by then! Unfortunately, its a pizza and prosecco party. The pizza I dont care about and as much as I love prosecco, I'll drink to get round that one.

I'll speak to the my cousin (the chief bridesmaid) about it. Got the wedding in October to deal with too. By then, I'd like to hope that I'll be confident to deal with it :D

Absolutely, right now we are only in week 3, by then you will be a pro and have more losses to keep you motivated! Are you excited about getting a new outfit for the wedding?
I was a hotel receptionist and often for weddings they would pre-arrange special menues for coeliacs etc. They are used to special requests, yours will be easy. Talk to your LLC about it and see how you feel when its closer to the day.

What I used to do in that situation was to have my pack before the event and just say "I won't be eating this evening, just black coffee and water for me please." Never any problem in restaurants, hotels etc.
If it was a special occasion like wedding, Christmas party etc then I would have to mention it to the organiser/host and explain I still want to share the occasion with everyone, but won't be eating.
Only on 1 occasion which was a 90th. birthday dinner for about 20 people who I knew wouldn't understand did I pretend to eat. I just moved my food around and discretely swapped plates with my OH.
Only 1 person noticed. Most people are much more interested in themselves than other people. It does get easier - honest.
There are also the little white lies like being on anti-biotics, toothache, upset tummy, already had a big lunch, going out to dinner etc.
As you get more into the LL programme all this becomes much easier and becomes routine. Birthdays, Weddings, Christmas, Hen Do's, etc will all be there in the future. This is a good opportunity to work out ways to deal with them for the long term, discuss with your LLC and group when the tempting times are looming.
Good luck.

SB you are full of really good advice. Big up to you x

Absolutely, right now we are only in week 3, by then you will be a pro and have more losses to keep you motivated! Are you excited about getting a new outfit for the wedding?

Well, I might already have one lol! In fact, several. I have no idea whats in the attic! But I do have some stuff lying around. I've got a size 16 laura ashley printed silk dress that I wore to my 40th, two years ago. Thats for the hen doo. MIL gave me a dress at the weekend. Its an absolute beauty. Its a black one from Wallis, size 18. The only problem is, it might be too big for me by October :p I think that I could probably get it altered, seeing as it didnt cost me anything. Its a nice problem to have.

Thanks SB. I'm absolutely determined to do this and I'm not going to break my abstinence for anything :D

It is my dads 80th on Tuesday we are going out for a meal or should I say the rest of the family are I will be watching. Not sure what to do in the past I just didn't eat and found that easier. Might just do the same.

Ugh....so much for a lay in. I have been woken no later then 5am the last 3 days because of this stupid cold/cough. I thought it was going - but it came back and full on. Blasted cough for 10 days now. Once I wake and start coughing - forget about it..

So its a rainy little Satrday and I have cancelled my visit with SB cause I dont want her tog et this - so I will just sit here and watch the rain. It is one of my favourite things to do - but I hope there is a break so I can get out for a bit of walking.l Normally the rain wouldnt stop me, but today it will.

Happy weekend everyone.

<cough cough splutter cplutter> :(

xxxx

Poor you hun. So sorry you still aren't well. I'm sitting here watching the rain too. Been awake since 3.30! Can't go back to sleep so thought I'd get up and watch the rain - just like you.
Lovely British August summer..........
I hope you can breathe better now. Have you tried the water flavouring in hot water?xx

Morning hon. I don't mind being up so early - sort of feels like you have the world to yourself.

I am not really feeling that awful - its just getting annoying. And embarassing. Had to ahve a couple calls taken over at work because I would start coughing and there was no stopping until I nearly choked myself. I think I am making up for all the coughs I missed since 2008!!! :D

I love summer rain. I love all rain. :D

I have my dog and cat curled up here with me, and watching Masterchef Australia. And fantasizing. LOL

Only plan for today is to make a new supply of doggy treats for Muffin. Maybe something for C if his a good boy. ANd then again - maybe he will have to fend for himself. lol Depends on energy peaks and lows.

How are you doing? I am sorry you are feeling rough too. How many more treatments now? 3 more? or 4? (Hoping much less!) Gutted I am sick, we could watch the rain together.

Rest well today pretty lady!! :)

xxx

Aw BL, you really have been through the mill these last couple of weeks! Take care xx

Back