Dew Drop Inn!! Hour x Hour, Day x Day...

andy - you've already lost so much, keep going your almost there!! x

Thank you ladies - you're both right.

Because I gained just over 5st from my lowest weight, I sometimes forget just how much I have lost. 117.5lbs gone. Think I should remember that instead of seeing my gain as completely wiping out my success.

yeh you need to look at the positive instead of the negatives!! x

Blonde Logic said:
Happy (?) Monday! :D

Short week for me, so not to awful - only a 3 day week!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and good luck to all the weigh ins this week! Cant wait for mine tonight!!

Have a good day!

xx

Good luck hun xx

Another bad week so far -.gained over 3 days. Probably used too much psyllium husks which is ironic since I'm using them to avoid what is happening now.

Remaining as positive as I can though it's hard to accept that I am losing so slowly now. Need two good weeks in a row to be confident that there will be an end in sight!

Did you have a weigh in tonight Andy? You know it works everyone has ups and downs its hard but if it doesnt kill us it makes us stronger and this definately will! xx

No, I'm half way through the week. I've lost a pound this week (but only lost weight on day 1) I have my weigh in, on a thursday night and usually weigh roughly the same as I do on a wednesday morning. So I've got 36 hours to lose something.

My main worry is two bad weeks on a row (last week was ok, thankfully). If I get two, I'm going to stop, as I doing have the money to waste.

In reality I know this wont happen, I'll lose a little more, then do ok next week and I'll be done in a couple of months. But it's still a worry. My loss is heading toward 10lbs this month (not so far, but in total) I could lose that eating.

I wish I had the attitude that a loss is a loss but it isn't for me. if I coyle just average 3lbs a week that would sustain me but if I continue to stall it'll be 7lbs in 3 weeks, when must of the men in my group have lost 15 to 18 in the same time.

I know I shouldn't measure myself and my loss against theirs but it's hard not to when you're worried about it.

Stop right there and step off those scales they are doing your head in! Give ur lighter life counsellor a ring to discuss ur concerns. Loosing weight more slowly as ur lighter may be a factor. As could be fluid retention or being under the weather. It will come off. Average it over a month and see how u feel.

Sorry to hear ur feeling a bit ropey with things though x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agreed with clarabow get rid of the scales!! I understand what you mean about small losses I will feel the same but its sooooo worth it. Give your LLC a phone tomorrow you sound like you need support and possibly a hug! xx

Damn, I had a long post and i lost it. :mad:

Andy - mate - you need to give yourself a break. I think you are making yourself a slave to this and that can only sabatoge you.

Bin the scales!!! They are only messing your head up and giving you negative thughts and feelings. Dont forget, we learned in CBT that thoughts affect our feeleings and in turn our feelings affect our actions/behavious/choices.

You know this diet works. You KNOW it. Look at what you acheived!! You wanted to lose weight - and you did! You wanted a girlfriend - and you found one -and now a wife!! You have it in you to do it - but you need to let it work and let it happen.

We would all love massive losses each week - but we need to be realistic. If any of us could lose 3 pounds a week while eating, I think this would be a very empty forum. ;)

Come on - where's the fight!! You know if you follow the plan, as you are, it will in time - and FAST time - that the weight will drop off you.

Remember, thoughts start it all.

I hope you can find a way to make this work for you - we can see how much you want it, and I have seen you get it.

Come on - we're in this together. If I can, you can. :)

xx

Well, good morning everyone - its Tuesday for most, but I am off Thuirs and Fri, so today is my Thursday already!!! :D Makes for a nice easy week!!

Still chuffed after last nights weigh in, and slipped on some jeans this morning that were a no-go last week! Huzzah!

I was lucky enough to have a very quick catch up with SB after class last night - was great to see her!!! SB you looked lovely. COnsidering what you are going through and facing, you are a real inspiration lovely!!

Here's to a good easy day for all of us - and at the end of the day we are all one step closer to our goal!

Go us!!!! :D

xx

Glad to hear SB is looking well.

Day off today. Doing little and often today keeping it gentle as I feel like pants!

Keep taking the tablets :)

Have a good day people x

Thank you hun, lovely to see you doing so well yourself.
Over a stone in 2 weeks, wonderful.
I may not look so good for long. Hair is starting to let go now and today I spent nearly 5 hours at the hospital for a procedure that should have been over within an hour. It wasn't terrible and it's sorted now, ready for next chemo on Thursday.
Wish me luck. xxxx

Wishing you all the best wishes in the world. Jayne Fonda has some ace modern wigs all glam and rather like ur profile pic.

Sorry to hear you had a rough time in hospital x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, my relaxing days off have been replaced with the sad news that hubbys grandad passed away, and we are now getting ready to go to Scotland for the funeral. Lots to do today - tomorrow and Saturday.

I had to give my 2 days off back, and take them Monday and Tuesday, but have decided I will also take tomorrow. I just need a day to get all my packs together and try and sort something to wear.

So - heres to a busy weekend, and a long journey ahead. I love - adore - Scotland - I just wish it were under different circs.

So - wish me luck! ANd I hope everyone else has some good things going on!!

xx

Last edited:
Back