Diary of a yo yo dieter!

Clearage clear. If I can make it through CD without the assistance of a plumber, I'll be impressed!

Lol.. you'll have to get yourself a plunger ;)

Hah, at the risk of sounding unpleasant, what is in there mightn't be far off toxic nuclear sludge. Something you might see in a futuristic sci fi thriller starting Denzel Washington.

Meanwhile, Gg, I'm thinking about what you said. I think I've got it cracked...update later when I've thought it through properly.

Got a bone to pick with you GM!!!

You got me looking at the Phase 8 site and I'm having to resist temptation!! Grrr.. so tempted to order a lovely dress I've seen in the sale section but am resisting because I have no idea what "fit" their clothes have as I've never worn them before. All I can say is Phase 8 watch out when the Jan sales come!

Been having a read through your diary and as you say we seem very similar in many ways. You've said that you've lost and regained 6 times now... just wondering what you are doing differently this time to make this the last time? Need all the help I can get in doing this properly :)

Gg

Well, the thing I'm doing differently regarding losing it--it's going for speed. Losing it as quickly as possible.

What makes it different? I'm hoping it's a bit more insight into why I gained back (I think I went onto a list of them on a thread).

1. I stopped logging into weight loss site.
2. Stopped weighing myself.
3. Did not remove the 'fat' clothes from the wardrobe.
4. Reacted badly when hub 'observed' me eating too much/wrong stuff/when not hungry.
5. Stopped exercising completely.
6. Started acting like a naturally thin person.
7. And this is the major one for me: I went back to eating pasta, rice, potatoes and bread (including cakes biscuits etc)...I just cannot maintain if I'm eating them, even small quantities.

This time, I'm going to do pretty rigid Atkins (minus so much fats but including them) with small qtys of brown rice but my plate will be over 50% protein, maybe 40% not carby veg and 10% carbyveg/small amt of rice, etc.

It's something I'll have to do for life.

There's another rather personal and private issue re: gaining weight back which I'd rather tell you in private and not written down... :)

What an absolute ***** day that was. Ugh. I weighed w/ cdc and her scales showed a 4.25lbs loss after 6 days. I drove home after work full of steam as a really unpleasant confrontation at work has left me feeling vulnerable, raw and very very angry. (It's justified)...

So, I had a peanut bar in the car on teh way home, a tetra at home (which I was due anyway, as I didn't eat lunch) and a tin of tuna (not on my 100%plans)........

I'll prob gain now, plus ye olde Dulcolax is getting one more dose of me tonight adn then I'll start on the CD fibre stuff...

All in, today was prob the worst day I've had since on CD (not diet releated, just extremely very very stressful and tense)...and I didn't cave and eat the donuts and beef stew I might've eaten along w/ a half loaf of polish bread toasted with butter.

JUST don't even feel like going into work tomorrow. I might leave early if it's too much for me. I was very very badly treated by a colleague and no one stood up to him as it was during a meeting. Noting I did wrong, just a diff of opinion, and his was against the school policies, etc... but I was the only one to speak up, as usual. Tomorrow they'll all pat me on teh back adn say well done and I was thinking the same thing myself, but why the feck did you not bloody speak up?

I think it's a lunch/snack in my room day.

Well done hon for not turning to food to deal with the feelings! That's major progress! Write a letter to the colleagues telling them what you feel (that they are cowards, that you felt you were left standing alone etc) to acknowledge your feelings, validate them and get them out so they don't fester and drive you to the fridge. Then you can burn the letter. It's the not allowing ourselves to experience the feelings properly in the past that has worked against us (I have an "unsent letter" worksheet if you want me to email it to you?).

Nothing worse than being the one who raises their head above the parapet knowing everyone else feels the same and then being left their alone when the other person tries to shoot you down. He's entitled to his opinion but he is NOT entitled to be rude or disrespectful to you in expressing that opinion. If he has it might be worth thinking about having a quiet word with him tomorrow saying quietly but firmly "I found your tone/manner yesterday disrespectful; please don't talk to me like that again". Not sure how comfortable you would feel saying that but I am learning it's very important to make people realise you have boundaries and will not tolerate them being crossed. The more you do it the easier it gets.

hey GM, just checking in on you...sorry about the knob rot at work...shall we have him assasinated? I know people in the SAS

haha! rumbly you made me laugh!

on a serious note, hope you are feeling better GG. Ive had a horrible year. went on mat leave last august after working 7 day weeks in a job i loved. trained someone up to cover my post and came back to a restructure where my cover was now my boss and doing my job!!! work stress is SO bad, and lead to depression for me and many come home from work and eat moments! i hate my job now but dont have the courage to leave (I am such an idiot). i know how you feel although i know its a different situation to mine. i am always shocked at how many companies employ people who are bullies and aggressive, and these are the ones who tend to stay in post for years and years. wishing you well GG and you sure are a better person than me by not eating. on my bad days, having kept my tears in all dfay at work, i come home and am a wreck so end up eating. let us know how you get on.

Hey GM

Just checking in; hope you feel a bit better today.

Thansk guys it's ongoing. Unfortuntely I had a massive binge yesterday and threw it all up (bad!)...
Back on track today though worse for the wear though this level of stress and anxiety is burning up the calories at a rate of knots!

You're all so good to comment and ask after me. Nice to know you care! I'm glad for my family, friends and you guys! xxx

sounds like it could be a one off GM, it which case good on you for getting straight back in your stride, sounds also like you are not letting it get you down, but just noting what's going on..the week is far from over, so chin up..you'll soon be at goal. :)

Bella

Thanks, bella... I'm about half way there, it's been a long road and I coudln't have done it without your encouragement so thank you !

Hope you doing ok, loves. Just checking in x

Hi Shanny and Rumbly..still chugging away at it. Not expecting miracles this week and would be happy with a 2lb loss...

Finding this week okay enough. I was out before the theatre (my daughter was in Wizard of Oz) with kids at Eddie Rockets, chips, onion rings, etc...I got a cobb salad which had egg, bacon, chicken (grilled) lettuce and I took off the tomatoes, no onion, a small bit of avocado... and some dressing...it was prob fine for Atkins and probably about 400cals and as it was my one 'meal' in the week, not too bad.

I'm hoping to get under 12st 7lbs soon so I can tick off another goal! I'm at 12st 9.9lbs now! Wo't happen this week I guess!

Hey honey

Eddie Rockets .... used to love that place! Glad you are feeling more in control considering the week that's been in it. Just keep trying and don't give up! xx

Thanks, Gg, in large part to the support of yourself and others, I've kept my head screwed on straight! I'm 0.2lbs away from the November stone deadline so i hope I can lose it by tomorrow morning! :)

Things are better at work today and feeling a bit more confident in myself and not so paranoid! Good!

I'm 0.2lbs away from the November stone deadline so i hope I can lose it by tomorrow morning! :)

Things are better at work today and feeling a bit more confident in myself and not so paranoid! Good!

That's brilliant! Take a laxative :p

Well...here I am...

I'm a bit busy lately and not on line much...

It's the First Day of December...

I made my goal in the November of 14lbs/1st...

On to the next monthly challenge of another stone in December!

Back