Diary Transfer

No it wasn’t good because a number pacified me. I should be able to do that without a scales. And because if it wasn’t ‘good enough’ it would have been bad outcome. They’re not good when you’re emotionally invested in them.

For me they keep me on the straight and narrow. Numbers don't lie.

Hey!
This weather is ridiculous isn't it. It's just too lovely to be indoors. My sister has convinced me to find my FitBit and do some walking. I did 4k yesterday, but she did 11k. I made it to 6k today. Whilst the weather is like this, i really ought to I guess!

Hey Ben, Sorry, I didn't notice the email about that comment! We've been walking every day too but not that far. We've stopped for a bit to have a naked child who is potty training - put pants on and it all goes wrong lol. What are fitbits like? I always wondered if they're just another gimick to make people spend on or if theyre good. Well done on the walking, it always feels good to get moving a bit more. Well, maybe not always.

Today is the end of week 5 for me. Good losses updated on first page and i'll come back and edit it here because i've forgotten already haha!! I have been a lot more tempted to have off plan food this past week. I think I can blame the impending menses. I was literally salivating when cutting up some quorn for my daughter (who refuses to eat any meat whatsoever at 2.5 ?). Was quite comical actually to have such a primal response to fake meat. I think I might move to 3 products and a meal at 8 weeks. It won't be much difference to the losses but it might feel nicer to have a change. Have to order more exante products tomorrow - nearly at the end of my 25 days worth. Have decided to order some 'meals' instead of soups so that might help too. Spag bol, carbonara etc. We shall see what theyre like!

6 inch loss this week and 5 kg this and last week. For 5 weeks, Total inches lost = 23.5, Total kg lost = 17kg and Total BMI points lost = 5.6.

91118.jpg

Last edited:
Just worked out that another 9/10 ish KG and I will no longer be 'obese' by BMI standards.

Decided to look up waist to height ratio. Mine is 0.57, which puts me at the top of 'very overweight' for women now and when I started I was 'morbidly obese'. If I reach my 30 inch waist goal (no idea if I will look freaky at that size?) I will be at the start of 'healthy', so could probably be fine with a easier goal of 34 maybe.. *goes to work that out*... 34 is the top of healthy. 31 or 32 inches it is!!

Link about W-t-H Ration

Last edited:
Hey! I am so pleased how well you are doing. I like the fact you have took pictures, it's noticeable. When I started CD on 17/2/2020, I refused to have a picture taken by my counsellor because I was so disgusted at myself for letting it all go wrong over the space of around 7 months! Or should I say how well we are both doing! It was weigh day for me today and I lost 0.7kg and that puts me into the normal category. I am 2kg off my lowest weight I have been for a number of years so that's really my goal.
I did the fitbit for about 4 days, but I am still working at home. It is good, no doubt about it. If you like to look at stats/patterns etc. it's good. You can set targets such as walk 10,000 steps in a day. It buzzes, vibrates, tells you to move etc! However, it ends up being one of those things for me, which I will use but I know it'll end up in a draw for months afterwards. They aren't expensive though but see if you can borrow one.

That’s awesome, well done!!! Soooo close to your goal!!! That’s when I start moving the goal posts usually to be finished sooner haha. Gonna have to watch that this time, I am. Super good work team!

Ahh I feel like that about photos too - when I see my body the last few years I see all the trauma and the people who caused it, like I carry all that in the weight. I remembered how much the photos helped me before though so I rolled with it this time. I’d taken some before the consultant had even arrived haha!

Hmm I think I’d be exactly the same haha. I thought they were expensive which is why I’ve never bothered looking into them. I will maybe do some research but I doubt I will do much until a later date. It’s all horrible scary data mining about our health. Free research stats. Surveillance capitalism!!! Barf!!!!

I still haven’t finished it but I’ve been recommencing building this out of pallets today. I started it last year but couldn’t finish it for various reasons.

143044AD-7EC0-4A96-B5EF-25A7A931F143.jpeg

Forgot to add (for diary purposes, not for your benefit haha)...

I’ve been dry brushing my skin 3x a week before a shower as apparently it can help with lymph and circulation plus improves elasticity if skin and can aid breaking down fat and cellulite to be excreted. Worth a shot! Might do nothing but so will doing nothing.

I love your 'Well let's give it a go!' attitude. Don't believe everything you read off the internet though!
I purchased a teeth whitening set yesterday. I've never really liked my teeth and I have been to my dentist previously to discuss work. I spent £250 on impressions which basically, give you the impression of what you would see if you had the work done (approx £6000 - how mad is that?).
Anyway, a week later I went back and they put the impressions in.
Not only was I a bit 'meh' after being excited for the appointment, I was actually unimpressed. It made my lower set look even worse (oh yes, forgot to mention the £6000 is only for the top 6 teeth).
I can SO see why people go abroad for the work.
Anyway, my sister said, try teeth whitening. She did, and was much happier that she did that instead of spending ££££££s.

Oh that sucks!!! At least you didn’t spend £6000 to be disappointed though I guess. Still bloody rubbish :-( hope the whitening makes you feel better about them. Whenever I see the price of dentistry I think thank fork for the NHS and dread longer Tory rule more!!!!

My new exante order came today. I ordered wayyyyy more variety this time to stop be from feeling bored! Hope I like them all, but even if I don't theres not much of anything compared to the last one! I have menstrual cycle today and i've had horrible headaches and painful hunger, same as last time, so i've decided that at this first day each cycle I will have a small amount of extra protein, which helped. Not sure if I get a bit anaemic or something, but hey ho. So today i've had 2 hard boiled eggs and the usual products. Back to usual tomorrow! I've been contemplating from 8 or 10 weeks changing to 3 products and the 200 cal meal for a couple of weeks before I increase my calories a little after the 12 weeks. If I remember right its not recommended to follow a VLCD for longer than 12 weeks without a break. I shall see closer to the time, but good to figure out a vague plan I guess. My friend said she might start exante after payday. She's doing keto diet but not sachet fake food lol

1EEEFD21-57F9-4292-B799-8A52FA39DD1B.JPG
45279AEA-73F9-4ACB-97DC-48E7559C14C6.JPG

D751FAF1-3DE0-45AA-A468-CCBDC392F431.JPG

09A08645-42F1-4942-9D03-672A9555E615.JPG

Quite excited by this diverse array of basically fake food hahaha!!!

I entered some more writing into a competition today. I think being in control of myself in respect of this diet is motivating, and reminding me that I can do more good stuff and things in other areas. Make the most of lockdown, so to speak! Gonna go have a bath now and mope about like the hormonal woman that I am. (Actually feeling good... just watched American Idol and was quite amazed how they managed to do it live (I watched recording) across the whole of America from the contestant homes. Clever technology. The world is going to be so crazy different after all this. I hope so anyway, it needed change.

You cannot beat hard boiled eggs as something to snack on!!

It helped with the migraine and I managed to get back to original plan (4 products, nothing else) straight away the next day. Was wondering if that would be easy or not and it was, fortunately! Would have been far harder if i'd have eaten the easter egg i've wanted to devour haha. Hormones suck ass. I have a 1.5 inch gain today thanks to those hormones/bloating. One instance where weighing has actually been very useful, was to see i'm the same weight not bigger, so I haven't actually 'gained' in spite of sticking to plan. I know there won't have been a gain from 2 boiled eggs - that would be insane - so not worried about that. Next week shall be a good reset after the cycle. No wonder women feel so crap, their body even changes shape haha.

On days where it might be easy to get really despondent, I am super glad I took a start up and progress photos! I might not have changed much from last week, but theres a lot of change since the start only 6 weeks ago. I've stuck to it, it's motivated me in other areas of life... its all good really :) By day i'm currently taking down very old wallpaper to decorate my daughters bedroom with an ocean theme and by night I am working on my short story competition entry. Productive lockdown!

2C223F49-BC97-4E7A-AFB3-147A1D1C56EE.JPG

I actually might start having boiled eggs each night. I used to enjoy them each night when dieting before. I think it is the time it takes to take the shell off which I like! You know what I have been eating a lot of though? Jacket Potatoes. I haven't had a JP in about 5 years but my OH has them. I had one about 7 days ago and I think I have had at least one a day since. They are so filling.
I hope that your cycle is over soon! I was looking at the Apple Watch 5 the other day and on the selling points as you scroll down it says...
well take a look and see if you can see it yourself!

and I thought that they were talking about bicycles!

Haha so how bizarre!!! These data mining surveillance capitalists are proper dark haha

mmmm I love jacket potatoes so much. Really looking forwards to moving up calories in steps eventually. I tried pasta carbonara exante meal today, wasn’t too bad. For fake food.

I have allllmost finished decorating my daughter's bedroom now. I need to do one more coat of gloss, put up the lining paper on one wall and then wait for the main wall paper to arrive so that can be put up. Then put all the stuff back in and have balance restored! I had an extra bar one day because I felt like jelly and not well from all the exercise on so few calories. I tried to have boiled eggs instead but i screwed up every one I tried to make somehow hahahaha. Out of practice of real food.

Had my favourite ever exante product the other day... chocolate fudge bar. I think I am going to keep a similar routine when I return to my maintenance calories... breakfast, lunch, dinner but a sweet snack and a coffee for brunch. Having that has taught me that I can really enjoy and savour something, even if its small, and can remain in control of myself. I remember doing this '30 day shred' exercise dvd before and somewher on it the woman said she allowed herself 300 calories of whatever the hell she liked every day and ate well the rest of the time. Seems a good plan. Dunno what stuff i'll need to do to maintain at the end but we shall see and work it out.

Hi @FaeFaeFiFi just stopping by to say hello :)

I read your diary yesterday just after placing my first order and I was very inspired, you have done so well. I'm hoping I can be as successful as you. I'll be doing the 800 plan and having four packs a day, at least to start with :)

Hey Mazza! Thank you :) Great to meet you, and glad that the diary has given you a little inspiration! :) Tomorrow is my new week /measure/sometimes weigh day, thinking it should be a pretty good one tomorrow. Are you a stubborn person? I find tapping into my stubborn side and using it in my favour before it can sabotage me is the most useful tool I have haha. That and preparation. Are you going to start a diary too? Let me know the name if you do and i'll pop along and try and be supportive :)

What products have you ordered? I can le If you haven't had them delivered today and are waiting for them, then my advice to you is cut carbs out from right now and eat lots and lots of protein until you start while your calories are unrestricted. It'll reallllly help you with your first week while your body adjusts to changing into a different energy source for its fuel :) When i've done it before its meant the difference between failing or realllllly struggling and breezing through. Take photos and measure and write little goals and stuff for yourself. You haven't got a huge amount to lose... you'll be done in no time!!! :D Good on you for taking step one :)

Thanks for the reply @FaeFaeFiFi yes I've started a diary Mazza's two stone challenge. Your support would be very much welcome!

I've only ordered shakes and soups, not really a sweet toothed person but fancy having a shake as breakfast, then the soups for lunch and dinner.

Thanks for the tip too, no booze will also help as with the gin, comes the munchies :D

Good luck for the weigh / measure in!

Last edited:
Ooh I’ll go write to you there too!!

the plain and apple/cinnamon porridge are nice. As are the pancakes and the bacon egg thing is not too bad. I left stuff to try in later orders because it can get hard if you start getting bored of the same things. I have a dangerously sweet tooth and mmm gin would be nice lol

Another week done!! 3.5 inch and 3kg loss. Mostly off my hips and face, I think. It's quite funny how the body decides to shift and change itself. I wonder if theres any science in the location of fat loss. As in the order. Might have to look that up out of curiosity! Happy with this week, could have felt really despondent after last week, but this isn't my first rodeo and I know how this routine goes. Have had to mentally prepare myself for the slow weeks. I have just adjusted my goal to 75kg from 70 because thats just under 12 stone, which will be healthy for my height without being ill looking. I have also adjusted the goal time from next month (very unrealistic) to September, specifically the Autumn equinox, which was when I moved into this home, pregnant, and life changed forever. It always feels like a special anniversary for new foundations to me, so why not reach a huge goal then! :)

Next time I am not ordering shepherd's pie. Its not something that works well in fake food form. Its a bit grim. I've been enjoying the meal stuff and the soups with chunks in, like peas etc, as something to bite/chew on makes a big difference to always having liquids. Its ok not to for a while but eventually gets to me!

I looked into getting an apple watch in the end. I am very tempted but also don't know if I can justify the money. I can't do a lump purchase at present and if I pay monthly, its almost an equivalent of a whole day at the kindergarden I want to send my daughter too. Can't really justify it when i've managed without a watch perfectly fine since 2001 haha. I think my nervous system is pushing me to 'lose weight' in other areas of life too. With the added sense of control over eating, I am more contemplative about spending, both of money and my use of time. What is good vs bad, or healthy vs unhealthy... which choices make my life better, make me feel good in a longer term. I am trying to learn to save and provide for later, instead of always running away from the now my grossly over indulging mindlessly haha!

A72FF8F4-8E64-4493-9D4E-288E112E8FE9.JPG

So goodbye week seven, goodbye 25 inches and goodbye 20kg.

Hello week 8. What joys have you got for me?

Back