Dukan Diary of a Thyroid Tortoise

Love it Jack! :) Day 7 on the Dukan scales and ITS SHOWTIME! Lights go on bam bam bam, feathers boas and the smell of vanilla tobacco ......drum roll I have lost 8lbs :) la koo ka raatcha! la koo ka raatcha!

That's fabulous!! Well done you!

Thanks so much for your support. It really really helps to have it, especially as the diet is quite restrictive and saying no to well meaning friends with forbidden offerings is quite trying. I am in awe at some of the achievements on here and one day I hope to influence a newbie who is in awe of mine. Till then I will keep chipping away at it. -9lbs this morning xxx

Thanks so much for your support. It really really helps to have it, especially as the diet is quite restrictive and saying no to well meaning friends with forbidden offerings is quite trying. I am in awe at some of the achievements on here and one day I hope to influence a newbie who is in awe of mine. Till then I will keep chipping away at it. -9lbs this morning xxx

At this rate, you'll definitely end up inspiring some newbies, Splendarella. 9lbs down in 10 days is pretty good going. Keep up that chipping away. :)

WOW!! :D

Well done! I'm not on Dukan but I do have an underactive thyroid. It does make weight loss harder but just keep going (don't compare yourself to 'normal' people because that is disheartening) and you'll get there.

Coley - your weightloss is unbelievable! Well done! I love the Dukan way. I see you are calorie counting which is extremely brave but clearly working for you. I will raise my glass of sparkling water to you! x

Oh I've lost it all sorts of ways. I change diets often as my metabolism gets used to it. It's taken me nearly six years to get this far!

I have lost another lb! So in 14 days I have lost 12 lbs OMG! I realise that was all probably water I was carrying but God it feels amazing when I stand on the scales!

I have lost another lb! So in 14 days I have lost 12 lbs OMG! I realise that was all probably water I was carrying but God it feels amazing when I stand on the scales!

Really good going, Splendarella! Although the first bit will most definitely have been water loss, I'm pretty sure that at least some of that lost weight will be fat now. :)

With a daily addiction of jumping on scales I have been disappointed to see no change whatsoever since Saturday and I feel bloated today and the 30 minute toilet breaks have turned into 2 per day. So I am clearly retaining water again which I think means I am not drinking enough. I have also made a human error I think as I have been eating canned mackerel in sauce these past few lunchtimes and despite leaving the sauce therefore the carb count is very low I think the pesky sugars have got into my system and are sticking their tongues out at me. Damn damn damn. I did a PP today with cottage cheese and beef slices for breakfast, a sirloin steak at lunchtime as I am on a day off, snacks were 2 x WW yoghurts lemon and lime and grapefruit with oat bran and wheat bran (transit probs nuff said), then had 4 chicken legs for tea followed by the S/F jelly yoghurt pud.....but I also had a tofu weiner at parents which should in theory been ok but has possibly ruined today's PP. Hangs head. Sipping decaf coffee. I have been for my daily hours walk but not happy today.

Last edited:
Hello! Just been catchin up on your diary. Congratulations on your loss so far you are doing brilliantly! It's only been three days since you last weighed yourself. Your weight loss speed will decrease once you are on cruise and like you said yourself your original losses will be due to mainly water loss.

This is why I don't own a pair of scales and only weigh myself every two week so I don't get stressed about the little things. My weight changes depending on what I eat throughout the day.

I got told a while back too that we retain water after eating veg so we tend to weigh more after a PV day than a PP day. I wouldn't worry about it like I said it's only been three days. After two weeks on cruise I lost 6 lbs which works out at 3lb a week and I think 2lbs a week is supposed to be a healthy loss. so if you think about it you are only three days into the week. I really wouldn't worry, at least not yet.

Don't be disheartened :) xx

Thanks Emms appreciate the support - by chance I have just been reading your diary and I am another legal eagle! I spent 20 years working in law, the first 10 as a legal secretary and the remainder as a legal exec (conveyancer). Then redundancy hit and I now work for NHS. I miss the intensity sometimes and the pranks (I will never forget dangling a massive fake spider from the door frame of a staid partner :) ahahahah!) and the swearing too - oh yes and listening to the moans coming from the copier that it was OUT OF PAPER AGAIN! These days you will find me eating oatbran on the Tyne Bridge but the swearing remains lol! xx

Back