dukan food list. attack

My Tesco doesnt do lean mince, but it does do light choices mince which is around 5%

Yes over here I go for 5%... (even in Cruise) and, if they don't have that, I buy a lean piece of meat and mince it myself!

Gah i've nothing to eat! the only thing I can have before I do some shopping is some tuna, i'm gonna starve! I thought lean mince was ok?

5% or less is Dukan friendly. Do what you can. Cook it well... mop up excess. Don't go hungry...

Well i'll have a tuna day today and do some serious shopping tomorrow! I've got some muller lights, they are fat free but fruit ones, can I have 2 a day?

The ones WITHOUT pieces of fruit are fine on attack. Those are the ones you've bought yes? The Toffee and vanilla Muller Lites have been mentioned often on this site. I'm in France though so can't get them but, over here, yogs WITH pieces of fruit aren't ok on attack...

Hi :) i'm back on dukan having lost about a stone and a half on it in half the time its taken me to lose 10 on weight watchers lol.

Today i've had

B: Boiled Egg (didnt have any mullers :( )

L: Chicken with Onion granules and a tsp very lazy chillies and Muller Yogurt.

D: Venison steakk (YUMM) with boiled egg and muller light with oatbran in.

Is this okayy its been a while lol !! Thankss :)

i can get extra lean mince but if not i used to dry fry mince then put it in sieve and run boiling hot water taken all extra fat off it i even do it sometimes with extra lean mince.

Saint sarah - you're posting in the wrong place! Just above this post is the menu thread! Glad I saw you though.

I'm not sure about those onion granules or the lazy chillies (with oil??). Can you check the packaging re carbs of those granules, or post a link to the brand.

Come and join in properly - don't hide in here!

Cox - does it taste ok after the boiling water treatment? I always use kitchen roll to sponge up excess fat, but I'm wondering whether one loses a lot of taste with that sort of treatment?
Speaking of taste - does anyone know where to find quorn mince? Supermarkets?

Quorn mince, freezer dept of supermarket, comes in smallish bags. Can be as little as £1 a bag if a deal on.

Quorn sausages (frozen or chilled) much nicer though ;)

but the sausages look bad for us when you look at what's in them:

Mycoprotein (34%), Rehydrated Free Range Egg White, Water, Textured Wheat Protein (Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch), Onion, Flavouring (contains Colour: E172), Milk Proteins, Rapeseed Oil, Tapioca Starch, Pea Fibre ALLERGY ADVICE: CONTAINS EGG, MILK AND GLUTEN
GetProductImage

Product shown as serving suggestion

Nutritional Information in g/100g

Protein14.9
Fat3.7
Carbohydrate 4.9 of which sugars 0.3
Energy Value (KCAL)113
Energy Value (KJ)474

and just look at the mince (carbs NIL!):

Quorn Mince 300g

Ingredients

Mycoprotein 88%, rehydrated egg white (free range), roasted barley malt extract.

Nutritional Information

per 100g:
Energy 955KJ/229Kcal, Protein 23.1g, Carbohydrate Nil, Fat 15.2g, Fibre Nil, Sodium 0.3g

oh darn it!! I knew there had to be a catch!

Maintainer - plse can I ask Probably a stupid question.
am just on day 4 of attack.
keep reading on here for tips and see your name all the time!- lotsof experience.
when looking at all meat & it has to be less than 5% are we looking under the 100g and then at the fat content?
Tesco Healthy Living Steak Mince 500G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

this is the extra lean Mince in tesco. it is 4.5g of fat in 100g. is this ok?

and the light ham::

Tesco Light Choices Crumbed Ham 100G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

this is 0.4g of fat in 100g.

or am i totally looking at the wrong thing.
everyone seems to talk in % and am not sure what I need to look at,
many many thanks!
xx

Jilly, I'm not Maintainer but I hope I can answer your questions for you.

4.5g of fat per 100g is the equivalent of 4.5% fat. So that one should be fine.

However, crumbed ham isn't allowed as crumbs contain wheat.

It's best to get into the habit of always checking ingredients lists. Banned ingredients are often hidden away in there and it's very easy to pick up the wrong thing unless you look carefully.

keep reading about people putting a sugar free jelly into yoghurt to flavour it.. does this mean i can eat it on its own? am in the attack phase at the minute and a SF jelly would really kill the sweet craving x

Back