ecw199 Extra Easy Diary

ecw199

I've been doing slimming world since the end of March and have lost 17lbs. I've just come back from a 4 week holiday in Thailand and I'm finding it hard to get motivated again. I'm hoping that keeping the diary will help.

Monday 9th August (extra easy day)

Breakfeast
Weetabix (HXB)
Semi- skimmed Milk (HXA)
Bannana (0 syns)
Apple (0 syns)

Lunch
Spicy Sweet and Sour Mugshot (0 syns)
Strawberry Mullerlight (0 syns)
Strawberries (0 syns)
Orange (0 syns)

Dinner
Steak - fat removed (0 syns)
Jacket Potato (0 syns)
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, pickled onions and celery (0 syns)
Hard Boiled egg (0 syns)
2 Laughing Cow extra light triangles (2 syns)

Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Mullerlight cherry layer yogurt (2 syns)
Squirty Cream (1 syns)

Total Syns 11

It was WI this evening and I'd mantained which was good as I'd had fish and chips at the weekend and few other naughty things too! Need to have a good week this week though

Last edited:
Yesterday was a pretty good start - so determined to carry on today! :)

Tuesday 10th August (extra easy day)

Breakfast

Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Banana (0 syns)
Apple (0 syns)

Lunch

SW Quiche (eggs, fat free cottage cheese, onion, peppers, ham, sweetcorn, half fat chedder cheese) (3 syns)

Strawberries (0 syns)
Cherry Mullerlight (0 syns)
Orange (0 syns)

Dinner

Cod in wholemeal breadcrumbs (3 syns)
Runner Beans ( 0 syns)
New Potatoes (0 syns)

Melon (0 syns)
Chocolate Mousse (From SW desert book) (1.5 syns)
Squirty Cream (1 syn)

Total Syns 8.5
Weekly Syns 8.5/105

Last edited:
Hi ecw199.
Wow 4 weeks in Thailand must have been amazing!! Bet you didn't want to come back!
Congratulations on your weightloss - and well done for getting right back on track after your hol.
Your food's looking good too.
Hope you're having a good day x

Thanks for the encouragement Sarah. Thailand was amazing and I was really motivated before I went to lose weight. I lost 20.5 lbs before I went and then put 9lbs on whilst we were away :eek:.

I don't regret not dieting on holiday because we had a fabulous time and a big part of that was eating wonderful food.
In the four weeks since I got back I've tried to get straight back on it and I've lost 5.5lbs but I'm finding it harder now I don't have the holiday as motivation. Didn't lose anything last week and I was pleased to maintain as I'd had a few naughty things but I really want to do better - hence this diary. :)

I know what you mean about motivation - I'm going to Mexico in May so that's my motivation - I will be a size 12!!
I don't think 9lbs is so bad for 4 weeks away and you're totally right - there's no way you could stick to plan while being there - the food is part of the experience!
Guess you just need to find something else to be your motivation...

Well done on your losses before you went away - that's amazing so you can definately do it again!

Yesterday was another good day - keeping this diary really seems to be helping! Didn't have enough syns though, this wasn't deliberate -just the way it worked out. At my meeting they say it's important to eat all your syns, so I might have a few extra today. :)

I'm going to my dad's for dinner tonight and I've told him I'd like chicken and rice, he tends to make everything fattening.

Wednesday 11th August (extra easy day)

Breakfast

Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
apple (0 syns)
banana ( 0 syns)

Lunch

Mugshot (creamy cheese) (2 syns)
Strawberries (0 syns)
orange (0 syns)

Afternoon Snack
apple (0 syns)
Hi-Fi Bar (6 syns)

Dinner
Chicken (no skin) (0 syns)
Jacket Potato (0 syns)
Mixed Vegatables (0 syns)

Vanilla Mullerlight (0 syns)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
glass of Prune Juice (4 syns)

Total Syns 17
Weekly Syns 25.5/105

Last edited:
I would love to go to Mexico :) Having a big holiday like that is great motivation and you'll feel so much better out there if you feel more comfortable with yourself, especially in the heat!

You're right though I do need to find something new to motivate me, even if it's just something small.

Thanks - I can't wait!!

And I definately think having a goal is key - it's kept me on track and made sure my head's in the right place (never truly felt this before this year)

Hope your dad cooks you something nice (and healthy!) for tea!!

My dad turned out to be really supportive last night and cooked me a syn free dinner which was great. Unfortunately he then gave me a glass of prune juice which I drank without thinking, didn't really like and then when I looked it up later was 4 syns:eek:. I knew it woud have a syn value but not that much.

So that took me over my syns for the day though I'm still okay for the weekly syns. I'll have to be more careful in future :(

I'm iterested in your diary as I've just started keeping a food diary after 3 weeks at slimming world and only 2.5lb loss! I'm still a little confused by it all and like you accidently drnak a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice unaware I was synning!!:cry:

Yeah, you have to be careful with fruit juice and tinned/cooked fruit. I knew it would have a syn but not that much. Keeping a food diary will definately help you to lose more. It's easy to go over your syns without realising it. If you have any questions about extra easy I'd be happy to try and answer them :)

Managed to get back on track yesterday after my prune juice disaster. I did have to have an emergency mugshot in the afternoon but they're free. I think this week is going pretty well though the weekend is always the tough bit.

Anyway yesterday I had...

Thursday 12th August (extra easy)

Breakfast
Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Apple (0 syns)
Banana (0 syns)

Lunch
SW Quiche (cottage cheese, half fat cheese, onion, sweetcorn, peppers, ham) (3.5 syns)
Fruit Salad (pineapple, melon, kiwi fruit and strawberries) (0 syns)

Afternoon Snack
Mugshot (roast chicken pasta) (0 syns)
Cherry Mullerlight (0 syns)

Dinner
Homemade beefburgers (extra lean mince, Bolotti beans, onion, tomato puree, egg) (0 syns)
SW Chips (0 syns)
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, pickled onions) (0 syns)

Walls Light vanilia ice cream 100g (7syns)
Fruit Salad (pineapple, melon and kiwi fruit) (0 syns)
Squirty cream (1 syn)

Total syns 11.5
Weekly Syns 37

Writing it all out it seems like I've eaten a lot today!!

Friday 13th August

Breakfast

Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Banana (0 syns)
Apple (0 syns)

Lunch

Pasta n Sauce (mild cheese and Broccoli) (0.5 syns)
Fruit Salad (pineapple, melon, kiwi fruit, orange)
Strawberry Mullerlight

Afternoon Snack

Alpen Light (3 syns)

Dinner

3 Morrisons Eat Smart Sausages (1.5 syns)
Mashed Potato (0 syns)
Green Beans
Gravy made from a stock cube (0 syns)

Crunchie (9.5 syns)

Total syns 14.5
Weekly Syns 51.5/105

Today was good, really enjoyed my Friday crunchie - now for the weekend

Saturday was okay still keeping on track. Didn't eat enough superfree foods though, I'm running out of fruit and our tesco delivery isn't till Tuesday.

Saturday 14th August

Breakfast
Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Apple (0 syns)
Bannana (0 syns)

Lunch
Potato Quiche (potato, egg, cottage cheese, sweetcorn, onion, sausages, half fat cheese, peppers) (3.5 syns)

Snack
Alpen Light (3 syns)

Dinner
Pasta (0 syns)
Beanfeast (0 syns)
half fat cheese (2 syns)

SW orange cheesecake (recipe in the SW dessert book) (5 syns)
Squirty Cream (1 syns)
Mullerlight (0 syns)

Total Syns 14.5
Weekly Syns 66/105

Definately need more superfree!!

Sunday turned out to be better than expected. Managed to find some superfree stuff lurking around the house (can't wait for my tesco delivery). Also tried the Skinny Cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly which was absolutely lovely, a real treat and only 4.5 syns!!! :eek:

Sunday 15th August (extra easy)

Breakfast
Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Banana (0 syns)
Apple (0 syns)

Lunch
Mugshot - Tomato and Herb Pasta (0 syns)
Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)

Dinner
Homemade Chilli (extra lean mince, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, peppers, celery, courgette, spices) ( 0 syns)
Rice ( 0 syns)
Cheese (2 syns)

SW orange cheesecake (from dessert book) (5 syns)
orange (0 syns)
Skinny Cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly ( 4.5 syns)

Total syns 14.5
Weekly syns 80.5/105

It's WI tonight and I'm hoping I'll have lost 2lbs. I feel like I've been on it 100% this week and keeping this diary has really helped. So fingers crossed.... ;)

just had a read over your diary hope you dont mind lol, im doing green days but i want to give EE a go so looking around for some inspiration and ideas for meal planning, hope you get a good weight loss tonight by reading your diary you deserve it as it looks like youve done really well x

Thanks Jane for the encouragement. Unfortuantely I STS this week and I'm pretty gutted. I feel like I've done everything right and I can't believe I didn't lose anything. I know that I just have to keep on going, this has happened before and I usually get a good weight lose the week after but I'm feeling a bit down at the moment. :sigh:

Even though I was disappointed with this weeks weight lose. I'm going to keep going with this diary and hope it comes off next week.

yesterday I had...

Monday 16th August

Breakfast
Weetabix (HXB)
Milk (HXA)
Banana (0 syns)

Lunch
Mugshot (sweet and sour noodle) (0 syns)
Orange (0 syns)

Dinner
Chilli (0 syns)
Rice (0 syns)
Cheese (2 syns)

SW Orange cheesecake (from the dessert book) (5 syns)
Skinny Cow Triple Chocolate Lolly (4.5 syns)

Total syns 11.5
Syns This Week 92/105

Just got to try and stay motivated this week and fingers crossed I'll get the lose next week, it's hard though not to feel like stuffing a big bar of chocolate

Last edited:
Tuesday 17th August (extra easy day)

Breakfast
Apple (0 syns)
Banana (0 syns)
Orange (0 syns)

Lunch
Mugshot (0 syns)
Fruit Salad (0 syns)
Mullerlight (0 syns)

Afternoon Snack
Alpen Light ( HXB)

Dinner
Chicken (0 syns)
Sweet Potato (0 syns)
Green Beans (0 syns)
Sweetcorn (0 syns)

Mullerlight
Squirty Cream (1 syn)

Total Syns 1
Weekly Syns 1/105

Tried to have a really good day today and ended up having virtually no syns. I hadn't meant to do that, it just happened. Also I've realised I didn't have a HXA!

Back