Em's First CD Diary

Woohoo!! Massive congratulations hun! Very exciting :)

When I got married 21 years ago, it was in a £40 wedding dress with a £22 wedding ring bought that morning and a reception at home, no honeymoon! That's what you call a cheap wedding!! Not sure you'd want to be that frugal ;) but the important thing is to be together. You'll have much better things to spend your money on! :)

xxx

Congratulations :)

Maybe see if you can get a dress on ebay and see if any places have any last minute bookings my friend got a great deal. She ordered her dress on ebay from china and they make it to measure, she paid £5 for the dress and £85 for delivery and it fits perfect!
You can always scrimp on cars and flowers for tables. Have candles and lanterns and petals on the tables and just your bouquet!

Good luck hun :)

Congratulations! That's wonderful news.

my advice on organising a cheapy wedding? go unconventional. buy a gorgeous frock, but as soon as it's called a 'wedding dress' expect to add a zero to the end. think about doing it small and intimate. two couples i know got married without even their family. one did it in secret and told everyone when they got back, the other couple told everyone, but just had a private ceremony - just the two of them. they then had 'celebrate our wedding' parties when they got back.

keep it simple. these things are not esssential and no one will mind if you don't have them: favours, chair covers, table centres, buttonholes, a three-course, sit-down meal, bridesmaids, big event stag and hen dos...

ask close family if, instead of a gift, they would mind providing part of the wedding. My husband's aunt paid for our flowers this way.

the only thing that i, personally, wouldn't do on the cheap is photos. we have some keen amateur photographer friends, but until we got our pro photos back i hated all the pics. pro photographers know how to make your photos beautiful - that's their business.

gosh yes, as charlie-lauren says - cars are a huge un-necessary cost.

congrats on forthcoming wedding and weight loss good start to the day well done :) x

Thank you everyone :D

I've been looking on EBay at dresses and bits and bobs !!! I'm sure i'll be able to get some bits from there....

We also think we've found where we want to get married it's called the square tower in Portsmouth, it's right on the seafront and very old and intimate !! We are looking at just inviting immediate family as we've both been married before, afterwards is where we are not sure what to do.......we would like to have a party and hot buffet not a sit down meal, so we are hoping to get married later in the day and just go straight to a local hotel for a typical evening reception......we shall see how it works out cost wise !! Currently with my oh's leave dates we are looking at getting married either 24th or 31st March !!!

This is madness i can't quite believe it's happening but i am so happy :D :D :D (plus i'll be slimmer) !!!!

emsiem said:
Thank you everyone :D

I've been looking on EBay at dresses and bits and bobs !!! I'm sure i'll be able to get some bits from there....

We also think we've found where we want to get married it's called the square tower in Portsmouth, it's right on the seafront and very old and intimate !! We are looking at just inviting immediate family as we've both been married before, afterwards is where we are not sure what to do.......we would like to have a party and hot buffet not a sit down meal, so we are hoping to get married later in the day and just go straight to a local hotel for a typical evening reception......we shall see how it works out cost wise !! Currently with my oh's leave dates we are looking at getting married either 24th or 31st March !!!

This is madness i can't quite believe it's happening but i am so happy :D :D :D (plus i'll be slimmer) !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My friend did hers for 4 grand, 3 months after I did mine on 27grand and there wasn't much missing hun, she hand made everything, had cheese cakes as her cake, got married at 5pm on a Friday in august in a lovely venue! She borrowed my dress and all accessories, did her own hair, had no car and no centre pieces!

It was still so beautiful!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulation, and fantastic motivation.

I didn't spend lots, disposable cameras were fantastic, a mix of black and white as well as colour film. Made our button holes and bouquets the night before with 5 of my girl friends and a bottle of wine (or two). Had a black cab to the venue and got married late in the day so didn't need two do's.

Good luck xxxx

This will take my mind off feeling sick! Love wedding things! You lucky thing. The second one is lovely! The backs of all 3 look amazing! Defo think the second one looks the best :)

Of course you will and you will be a skinny mini by then! When are you planning the wedding for?
Its a very flattering cut too!

gorgeous frocks - i think number two or three sould work best for you. number two for a bigger 'do', number three for a smaller one.

March....you'll be fine. Its stunning.

You should go to a few shops and try on some styules just to get an idea of what you like. We got our bridesmaids dresses from the wedding warehouse its not stuck up or snotty like some and you can just have a try on! It'll be fun too!

Hey all

Just a short post to check in I've been AWOL as really busy at work and looked at a venue and then today my mum was rushed in to hospital so I'm all over the place...barely eaten or drunk anything today but am off to crash into bed

Hugs to everyone xx

oh you poor thing! hope your mum is ok? xxxx

Back